Edited by jacobm52 2013-05-19 2:19 PM

2013-05-19 4:09 PM
in reply to: Kraftyman

User image

New user
South Central PA
Subject: RE: Got The Nerve 2013 - May 18th
Originally posted by Kraftyman

I had been stalking this thread for a little while trying to get as much info as possible into this race. It was my first Tri and I had a total blast yesterday. The water temp seem comparable to the air temp and the swim seem to go super fast, I was expecting a cold long swim. Hope to do the race again next year.

Thanks for the info and glad to see everyone had fun too!

Is there any other sprint Triathlons in the South Central PA area this year?

Chris

PA warrior tri (1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) at Memorial Lake near Grantville, PA is June 15th.

Catfish Triathlon and Duathlon from City Island in Harrisburg is July 14th.

Boiling Springs Triathlon is on August 10th, but it is already sold out.

Keystone State Triathlon has a sprint and olympic distance tri at Gifford Pinchot State Park on August 25th.
There is also a super sprint and duathlon there on August 24th.
2013-05-19 7:24 PM
in reply to: Kenny-A

Originally posted by Kenny-A

Originally posted by Kraftyman

I had been stalking this thread for a little while trying to get as much info as possible into this race. It was my first Tri and I had a total blast yesterday. The water temp seem comparable to the air temp and the swim seem to go super fast, I was expecting a cold long swim. Hope to do the race again next year.

Thanks for the info and glad to see everyone had fun too!

Is there any other sprint Triathlons in the South Central PA area this year?

Chris

PA warrior tri (1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) at Memorial Lake near Grantville, PA is June 15th.

Catfish Triathlon and Duathlon from City Island in Harrisburg is July 14th.

Boiling Springs Triathlon is on August 10th, but it is already sold out.

Keystone State Triathlon has a sprint and olympic distance tri at Gifford Pinchot State Park on August 25th.
There is also a super sprint and duathlon there on August 24th.

The super sprint is an awesome race. One of the most fun races I have ever done. Great race if you are new to the sport or if you are an experienced racer who enjoys trying to go as fast as possible rather than far. I plan on going back again this season.
2013-05-20 8:58 AM
in reply to: 5stones

Malvern, PA
So the corrected results and splits are on the compuscore website.

As expected, I dropped back to my rightful spot as #67.

However, I was classified as a beginner (it's my second tri and second time at GTN) and I did get the best beginner.

Thanks to everyone who helped make the day so much fun....will be back again next year for sure!

Doug
2013-05-20 11:56 AM
in reply to: Kenny-A

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Kenny-A Doug, The gentleman they posted on the board(at the race) in 1st place did the same thing. He was supposed to go out in wave 12, but went out in wave 5. I see they corrected his time on the compuscore website. http://www.compuscore.com/cs2013/may/gtnindiv.htmI think once they see negative swim times they would get corrected.

Ah, that explains why I moved up two places in the overall results from what was posted late Saturday til today.

Great job one and all, I really enjoy doing this race each year.  Chris does a great job and it is wonderful to reach the 10 year anniversary of the event.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Got The Nerve 2013 - May 18th Rss Feed  

of 3