General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I think I finished DEAD last! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-25 4:15 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: I think I finished DEAD last!
Originally posted by stephsprint

Yep, I remember an awards ceremony at one of my first triathlons. They were almost finished giving out awards by the time I was done. It happens, you move on...you do better. Hang in there!!

A lady I met on my first triathlon last Saturday said, last year, she had a flat tire. When she came back on the transition after the bike course, the race organizers were already packing up. This year , the bike chain came off. She did not finish last. I finished last.

Edited by Phebes 2014-08-25 4:19 AM

2014-08-25 9:33 AM
in reply to: biguglyjoe

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

Congratulations to the OP! I'm going to have to start looking at dates on these things. lol. I got suckered in until someone pointed it out

2014-08-25 9:59 AM
in reply to: biguglyjoe

User image

Congrats on finishing what had to be a very tough race.

I had similar feelings this weekend. I ran my first Olympic tri. I paced it just they way I wanted to, was satisfied with my times (well maybe except for the bike), and based on where I am in my triathlon journey, I did about as well as I could expect. But I ended up very close to last. That is disheartening, but I just have to realize that there are a lot of good racers out there. And I am also greatly buoyed when I think that I did this race a whole lot faster than I could have a year ago.

Jim
2014-08-25 10:41 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Veteran
Apex, NC
I honestly get more enjoyment from reading the accounts of folks who gutted it out and came in last than 90% of the accounts of the folks who came in higher in the race. And when I'm at a race and see the person coming through T2 when everyone else is packing up and ignoring them, that's when I cheer the loudest.
2014-08-25 1:53 PM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
My goal each time I do a tri is to finish. I am unable to get in as much training as I'd like so I will never be good at it; however, to be able to do them is motivation enough for me to continue no matter where I place. Congratulations for sticking it out and getting it done!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I think I finished DEAD last! Rss Feed  

of 2