General Discussion Triathlon Talk » the 2nd workout of the day, some days bad, some days good Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-01-21 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4588128

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: the 2nd workout of the day, some days bad, some days good
yazmaster - 2013-01-21 2:09 PM

I don't think it's a big deal. If you're ramping up volume, your body will respond a bit awry for the first 1-2 weeks of doing doubles while it acclimates to the volume. Happened to me a lot at the beginning of last season, I HTFU'd up, and it went away.

For me, it definitely correlated with how hard workout #1 was. If I hammered #1 and then tried to hammer #2 but wasn't quite in shape for it, I got a big slowdown on #2. It went away as I got more in shape, and then could hammer even 3 SBR workouts in a single day.

Let me say this, if someone is shaking, sweating profusely (more so than usual!), and feels faint like they are going to pass out... it is a low blood sugar issue. It's not about HTFU to get over it.

It's like saying someone with diabetes needs to just push through it.

Being fatigued is one thing... having those symptoms is another. And low blood sugar is correlated to food intake of lack there of.

I'm saying this because I would hate for someone to read your post and think they just need to push through it, and end up on the ground passed out. Listen to your body folks and make your own choices, but keep the "could be's" in mind.

2013-01-21 3:47 PM
in reply to: #4582953

User image

Subject: RE: the 2nd workout of the day, some days bad, some days good

I eat breakfast at 7am. On a previous training schedule I would warm up with a 20-30min run and then goto spin class at 10am. I found that by the time I was done with the treadmill I would feel hungry and then my legs would start shaking about half way through the class. I started bringing a handfull of nuts and dried cherries to eat before spinning and it solved my issue. As others have said,  I also believe you are haveing a food issue.

Additionally, are you getting enough sleep? With your workout schedule I am surprised at how late you goto bed. Any time I do a brick or double up on days, I always goto bed between 8-9pm and usually for 2 days after the workout. I get up at 6am.

Personally, I tried drinking chocolate milk a few times after a workout and it always made me feel sick.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » the 2nd workout of the day, some days bad, some days good Rss Feed  

of 2