UK Triathlon Forum England » Ironman UK Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-30 8:31 PM

New user

Subject: Ironman UK
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been out around the race site? I heard that the hills are short but very steep around there, does anyone know if that is true? Just trying to gauge how rolling the course is.

Many Thanks,
Mary

2006-08-09 10:44 AM
in reply to: #471557

London UK
Subject: RE: Ironman UK
Hi Mary,
New to this forum so finding bit hard to navigate at mo...

I did the race last year. The bike course is now an extension of the 2 southern loops from last year to take you into Dorchester and back - 3 laps. From what I remember there are no majoy hills. It's very rolling, but that will just make the whole ride a bit more exciting.
There's one major hill as in length. Can't remember the name but itll be towards the end of the loop. The drop down the otherside is quite steep.

You can go on to www.tritalk.co.uk if you want first hand accounts - a few people on that (UK) forum have done recces. Pop into Races Folder and under the Ironman UK threads.

I think the big deciding factor in the race will be the first 40% of the run. I've done those first two loops in the old IMUK course.....the two hills are evil after all that hard cycling. Take it easy on the first - your back wont like you!

But should be a cracking race. Are you looking forward to it? Did you do it last year? I had a great time last year - crowd support was fantastic!
New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Ironman UK Rss Feed