United States
http://www.forsythcountycasa.org/
Sunny
Total Time = 18m 46s
Overall Rank = 1/
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The race was actually pushed from a Saturday 8:00 AM start to Sunday 2:00 PM start due to flooding on the greenway. No big deal, but it killed any sort of Sunday Long Run, since I did not want to run beforehand, and we had a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese right after.
Event warmup:

No warmup, just chased Max around the playground.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I knew the course very well, since I train there a lot. Gun sounded, and it started with a .2 easy downhill, and then .3 decent uphill up and around the front of the park. From there down to the greenway for an out and back finishing at the bottom of the hill near the skate-park (cutting out that last hill which would have been nasty "at pace").

I looked around at the start, and the only hardcore runner that I saw was a female. I knew her from back in highschool, and she could run back then. Nonetheless, I opened it up on the first mile (5:32), and created the entire separate I would win by on that first hill. At mile one it had cleared out, and I could hear nothing behind me. I sat it down in cruise control, and cruised to the out. After the turn I saw I had a little less than a .1 of a mile lead, but that was probably enough. I kept it in cruise control for return, which did get interesting near the back, since they like to run 3/4 across. However, it was an easy cruise to the finish.

Very fast course, Peachtree Qualifier which means you need to run the course as straight as possible. I ran it as straight as I could, and still came up with 3.12. I think you could have added a pretty good bit if you ran all the edges.
What would you do differently?:

I could have run much harder, but I lost focus with no one to chase.
Post race
Warm down:

I goofed off, then ran with Max in his first race ever!! He ran a 1K.

Woo-Hoo!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Being alone out front.

Last updated: 2013-02-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 1/
Performance: Good
Calories: 428 AVG: 6:01/mile MAX: 3:56/mile Distance: 3.12
Course: Race starts off with a loop, then down the greenway for an out and back. The loop plus out is longer than the return. Only hill is within the first half mile.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes