General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have you ever thought, Maybe I am faster than I think I am?" Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-29 10:52 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Have you ever thought, Maybe I am faster than I think I am?"
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

However, a number of folks (myself included) have PR'd on a plan of a VERY slight "positive fade."  Personally, I can only do this in running races and when I have trained for a specific distance to the point that I know pretty well what my pace can be.

It doesn't always work, and if you blow up rather than fade, you're done.  But, if you can hammer the first 3/4 and then put EVERYTHING you have into the last 1/4, watch your HR go WAY higher than you thought you could hold and keep an even or VERY slightly slower pace - that's a PR for me.

FWIW, my best races have gone more or less like ^^^this^^^. I go out slightly strong and try to hang on for dear life. Sometimes you fall off the cliff, but when you don't, it's a really great race.

2013-08-30 12:32 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Have you ever thought, Maybe I am faster than I think I am?"
I used to be faster running when I didn't run by HR but I also would never negative split. Still don't really negative split but times are closer at the split. I think this next year I might train by rpe alone and see how it goes. Wonder if I can break 5 hours for a HIM by doing it that way or if I will tank on the run.

overall though you seem to have a confidence boost now and it seems like you ran a smart race too which is awesome.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have you ever thought, Maybe I am faster than I think I am?" Rss Feed  

of 2