General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thought I'd ask the pros Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-31 7:21 AM

Subject: Thought I'd ask the pros
Running my first sprint tri next Sunday. Up until two weeks ago I've been training regularly since the start of the year. My work is seasonal and like I expected, work really picked up two weeks ago and I haven't had the time to train like I wished. The last two weeks has given me time to run 2.5-3.5 miles about 3-5 times a week. I feel like I've withheld my cardio to be able to compete in the event. Any suggestions on how to train for the next 7 days? And one other kicker, since Friday my allergies/sinuses have hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess I need to get the first Dr appointment tomorrow and tell him my situation to see what he can do to help me breathe better since breathing is somewhat important in events like this.

2013-03-31 11:53 AM
in reply to: #4680565

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Thought I'd ask the pros
One week out, I would just continue as you have been training. Do not try to up your workouts and make up for missed training. You will not gain significant fitness in this last week. Also we wary of trying a new allergy medication if you do not have a chance to try it out before race day.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thought I'd ask the pros Rss Feed