Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2013-03-31 7:29 PM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
Subject: Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers)

I have not done any research on what they will do in this third season.  I read all the  books back in 2011 and 2012  but I kinda forgot how all the storylines went.  Jumbled up memories. 

Expecting some characters to leave because of death.  

2013-03-31 7:36 PM
in reply to: #4681134

User image

Master
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers)
I'm annoyed the premiere is tonight, conflicting with the finale of Walking Dead.  I'll be watching it On Demand tomorrow.
2013-03-31 7:46 PM
in reply to: #4681141

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

jcnipper - 2013-03-31 7:36 PM I'm annoyed the premiere is tonight, conflicting with the finale of Walking Dead.  I'll be watching it On Demand tomorrow.

Not to worry as both show have multiple showings tonight.      Cool

2013-03-31 7:53 PM
in reply to: #4681147

User image

Master
Fulton, MD
MadMathemagician - 2013-03-31 8:46 PM

jcnipper - 2013-03-31 7:36 PM I'm annoyed the premiere is tonight, conflicting with the finale of Walking Dead.  I'll be watching it On Demand tomorrow.

Not to worry as both show have multiple showings tonight.      Cool

After a long work week and 11.5 hours of training, 10pm is my upper limit!

2013-04-01 7:26 AM

User image

Champion
SoCal
They changed some things from the book but it's looking great so far and I am happy with the season opener.
2013-04-01 8:17 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
*****THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS!******

All right, tried to warn ya!

I started reading the books over Christmas and I'm almost done with the 5th book. My memory of the 2nd/3rd books is OK.

I found it interesting that they changed the character of who talks to Sansa about sneaking her out. If you read the books, you know that the knight she saved from being killed on Jeoffry's name day (he was turned into the court fool), was the one she was meeting with to get taken out of the castle. And in the book, she finally learns that it was Littlefinger behind the plot, and the knight/fool ends up getting killed. Interesting that the knight/fool was cut out of the plot all together and they just had Littlefinger talking to her by the sea. Will be interested to see how they play that plot line out now. Will it stay the same or change? There is a major part of that plot line that plays into Jeoffry's wedding day. Hum.

The dragons are really great. Too bad they get so little time on screen. But honestly, they play a very minor part in the story all the way through book 5. Book 5 they get a bit more attention towards the end, but still play a relatively small role.

I thought they did a good job with the Unsullied. Matched what I thought they would be like. Although, in the book, did they have to kill a baby... or a puppy they raised? I thought it was a puppy. I know they said in the show it was a baby. Anyone remember?

I'm a bit disappointed that Tyrion still has a nose. A huge part of the book is that his nose is missing and he scratches at it all the time. I found it funny that Cersi came in to see him and said, "they said your nose was cut off and I see it isn't all that bad"... or something to that extent. So they addressed it.

Not a huge deal, but I didn't realize that the series didn't speak to the Onion knight (? name) having half of some of his fingers being cut off my Stannis, and he carried the bones around his neck in a small bag for good luck. Of course he loses them in the battle at Kingslanding, so it wasn't a huge deal to leave it out of the series. I did notice his friend mentioned sending a bag of bones back to his family (something along those lines?) when he died... a nod towards the face that the Onion knight wore the bones around his neck.

2013-04-01 8:26 AM
in reply to: #4681527

User image

Champion
SoCal

KSH - 2013-04-01 6:17 AM *****THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS!****** All right, tried to warn ya! I started reading the books over Christmas and I'm almost done with the 5th book. My memory of the 2nd/3rd books is OK. I found it interesting that they changed the character of who talks to Sansa about sneaking her out. If you read the books, you know that the knight she saved from being killed on Jeoffry's name day (he was turned into the court fool), was the one she was meeting with to get taken out of the castle. And in the book, she finally learns that it was Littlefinger behind the plot, and the knight/fool ends up getting killed. Interesting that the knight/fool was cut out of the plot all together and they just had Littlefinger talking to her by the sea. Will be interested to see how they play that plot line out now. Will it stay the same or change? There is a major part of that plot line that plays into Jeoffry's wedding day. Hum. The dragons are really great. Too bad they get so little time on screen. But honestly, they play a very minor part in the story all the way through book 5. Book 5 they get a bit more attention towards the end, but still play a relatively small role. I thought they did a good job with the Unsullied. Matched what I thought they would be like. Although, in the book, did they have to kill a baby... or a puppy they raised? I thought it was a puppy. I know they said in the show it was a baby. Anyone remember? I'm a bit disappointed that Tyrion still has a nose. A huge part of the book is that his nose is missing and he scratches at it all the time. I found it funny that Cersi came in to see him and said, "they said your nose was cut off and I see it isn't all that bad"... or something to that extent. So they addressed it. Not a huge deal, but I didn't realize that the series didn't speak to the Onion knight (? name) having half of some of his fingers being cut off my Stannis, and he carried the bones around his neck in a small bag for good luck. Of course he loses them in the battle at Kingslanding, so it wasn't a huge deal to leave it out of the series. I did notice his friend mentioned sending a bag of bones back to his family (something along those lines?) when he died... a nod towards the face that the Onion knight wore the bones around his neck.

SPOILERS

Also the night that saves Danerys life didn't tell her who he was till much later.

2013-04-01 8:37 AM
in reply to: #4681547

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Big Appa - 2013-04-01 8:26 AM

SPOILERS

Also the night that saves Danerys life didn't tell her who he was till much later.

See! I didn't think the knight that showed up to save her showed up that early in the story. I wasn't sure. OK, I wasn't crazy.

2013-04-01 8:40 AM
in reply to: #4681573

User image

Champion
SoCal
KSH - 2013-04-01 6:37 AM

SPOILERS

See! I didn't think the knight that showed up to save her showed up that early in the story. I wasn't sure. OK, I wasn't crazy.

He did but he used a fake name in the beginning.

2013-04-01 8:26 PM
in reply to: #4681547

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

KSH - 2013-04-01 6:17 AM *****THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS!****** All right, tried to warn ya! I started reading the books over Christmas and I'm almost done with the 5th book. My memory of the 2nd/3rd books is OK. I found it interesting that they changed the character of who talks to Sansa about sneaking her out. If you read the books, you know that the knight she saved from being killed on Jeoffry's name day (he was turned into the court fool), was the one she was meeting with to get taken out of the castle. And in the book, she finally learns that it was Littlefinger behind the plot, and the knight/fool ends up getting killed. Interesting that the knight/fool was cut out of the plot all together and they just had Littlefinger talking to her by the sea. Will be interested to see how they play that plot line out now. Will it stay the same or change? There is a major part of that plot line that plays into Jeoffry's wedding day. Hum. The dragons are really great. Too bad they get so little time on screen. But honestly, they play a very minor part in the story all the way through book 5. Book 5 they get a bit more attention towards the end, but still play a relatively small role. I thought they did a good job with the Unsullied. Matched what I thought they would be like. Although, in the book, did they have to kill a baby... or a puppy they raised? I thought it was a puppy. I know they said in the show it was a baby. Anyone remember? I'm a bit disappointed that Tyrion still has a nose. A huge part of the book is that his nose is missing and he scratches at it all the time. I found it funny that Cersi came in to see him and said, "they said your nose was cut off and I see it isn't all that bad"... or something to that extent. So they addressed it. Not a huge deal, but I didn't realize that the series didn't speak to the Onion knight (? name) having half of some of his fingers being cut off my Stannis, and he carried the bones around his neck in a small bag for good luck. Of course he loses them in the battle at Kingslanding, so it wasn't a huge deal to leave it out of the series. I did notice his friend mentioned sending a bag of bones back to his family (something along those lines?) when he died... a nod towards the face that the Onion knight wore the bones around his neck.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS!!!

Interesting thing about the Littlefinger/Sansa talk, the story implies that there was some discussion between her and the fool before she escaped, but those discussions weren't in the book. I'm sure they'll introduce the fool again right before the big night and then toss him from a ship shortly thereafter. Is anyone else bored to tears by the Stannis storyline? That has to be the weakest part of the books to this point.

The thing I like about the storyline is how what you want to happen doesn't happen. If I had my way, The eunuch would've snuck Ned Stark out of the dungeon and the North would've won the war dividing the kingdom... And Tyrion would've become king of the South after driving a sword through Joffrey's whiney throat...

ETA- the dragons are cool, but you remind me of this:http://img3.joyreactor.com/pics/post/Game-of-Thrones-cgi-dragon-362733.jpeg

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-04-01 8:29 PM

2013-04-01 8:34 PM
in reply to: #4682636

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Spoiler below

And the knight that saved her from the manticore also had the huge bellied guy with all of the scars with him. They were a package deal. Can't think of his name right now. But he's a decently major character going forward. Doesn't he kill a warrior from a city in one on one combat in book 4 maybe? I can't remember which is which at this point.

2013-04-01 8:43 PM
in reply to: #4682651

User image

TriathletePT - 2013-04-01 8:34 PMSpoiler belowAnd the knight that saved her from the manticore also had the huge bellied guy with all of the scars with him. They were a package deal. Can't think of his name right now. But he's a decently major character going forward. Doesn't he kill a warrior from a city in one on one combat in book 4 maybe? I can't remember which is which at this point.

Strong Belwas. Yeah, you can't cut him from the story. Baristan was Belwas' squire.

Can I just say that Peter Dinklage is friggin awesome!?! It's like Martin wrote the book around him...

I'm not as big a fan of Danerys though.

2013-04-01 8:54 PM
in reply to: #4682663

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
GomesBolt - 2013-04-01 8:43 PM

TriathletePT - 2013-04-01 8:34 PMSpoiler belowAnd the knight that saved her from the manticore also had the huge bellied guy with all of the scars with him. They were a package deal. Can't think of his name right now. But he's a decently major character going forward. Doesn't he kill a warrior from a city in one on one combat in book 4 maybe? I can't remember which is which at this point.

Strong Belwas. Yeah, you can't cut him from the story. Baristan was Belwas' squire.

Can I just say that Peter Dinklage is friggin awesome!?! It's like Martin wrote the book around him...

Ah, yeah I forgot about Strong Belwas completely. Although I did recently read about him in book 5.

I love Danerys! Well, the actress is better as a brunette. Her brown eyebrows disturb me. A true blond doesn't have dark colored eyebrows. Her acting is pretty good. As a character in the book she is one of the most awesome ones. She has a huge heart for a ruler.

2013-04-01 8:57 PM
in reply to: #4682636

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
GomesBolt - 2013-04-01 8:26 PM

SPOILERS

SPOILERS!!!

Interesting thing about the Littlefinger/Sansa talk, the story implies that there was some discussion between her and the fool before she escaped, but those discussions weren't in the book. I'm sure they'll introduce the fool again right before the big night and then toss him from a ship shortly thereafter. Is anyone else bored to tears by the Stannis storyline? That has to be the weakest part of the books to this point.

The thing I like about the storyline is how what you want to happen doesn't happen. If I had my way, The eunuch would've snuck Ned Stark out of the dungeon and the North would've won the war dividing the kingdom... And Tyrion would've become king of the South after driving a sword through Joffrey's whiney throat...

ETA- the dragons are cool, but you remind me of this:http://img3.joyreactor.com/pics/post/Game-of-Thrones-cgi-dragon-362733.jpeg

Huh? In the book all she did was talk to the fool about escaping. She would go to weirwoods to "pray" and would meet him there. He would talk about how he was going to get her away from there... trying to act like a true knight... but always drunk. In fact, Littlefinger didn't even come into the plot until LATER (trying to leave out some details for those who haven't read the books!).
2013-04-01 9:01 PM
in reply to: #4682674

User image

KSH - 2013-04-01 8:54 PM
GomesBolt - 2013-04-01 8:43 PM

Ah, yeah I forgot about Strong Belwas completely. Although I did recently read about him in book 5. I love Danerys! Well, the actress is better as a brunette. Her brown eyebrows disturb me. A true blond doesn't have dark colored eyebrows. Her acting is pretty good. As a character in the book she is one of the most awesome ones. She has a huge heart for a ruler.

I agree about Danerys in the book. Especially the shows that are coming up next week or week after. I just think the actress overdoes everything. And I don't like how she says DrrraGonsss...

Missandei is cool too and they look like they cast her really well.

2013-04-01 9:04 PM
in reply to: #4682678

User image

KSH - 2013-04-01 8:57 PMHuh? In the book all she did was talk to the fool about escaping. She would go to weirwoods to "pray" and would meet him there. He would talk about how he was going to get her away from there... trying to act like a true knight... but always drunk. In fact, Littlefinger didn't even come into the plot until LATER (trying to leave out some details for those who haven't read the books!).

My bad, brain fart. I forgot about the weirwood visits. I know about Littlefinger not coming into it until way later.

I liked the giant. Where are the Mammoths?

2013-04-02 7:53 AM
in reply to: #4682691

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
GomesBolt - 2013-04-01 9:04 PM

KSH - 2013-04-01 8:57 PMHuh? In the book all she did was talk to the fool about escaping. She would go to weirwoods to "pray" and would meet him there. He would talk about how he was going to get her away from there... trying to act like a true knight... but always drunk. In fact, Littlefinger didn't even come into the plot until LATER (trying to leave out some details for those who haven't read the books!).

My bad, brain fart. I forgot about the weirwood visits. I know about Littlefinger not coming into it until way later.

I liked the giant. Where are the Mammoths?

The mammoths show up later...???? Maybe?

Yeah, too bad they took a bit of the mystery out of it by having Littlefinger in it from the start. That was a huge part in the book, trying to figure out who was behind the knight/fool trying to help her.
2013-04-02 2:49 PM
in reply to: #4681582

User image

Expert
Central Mass
Big Appa - 2013-04-01 9:40 AM
KSH - 2013-04-01 6:37 AM

SPOILERS

He did but he used a fake name in the beginning.

However, I can live with this change.  TV is visual, so it's not like you can make the audience visualize someone else, they've got to use the existing actor from the start

I do believe this season ends with the Red Wedding right?  I think that's the last I heard.

RE: missing major characters (and spoilers kinda).  Remember back in season 1, Thoros the red monk was a major participant in the tournament when they got to King's Landing - IIRC he won the hand-to-hand portion.  He doesn't show up till this season in the show.  On the other hand, I have no idea how they'll introduce the Reeds!  Bran and Rickon obviously escaped Winterfell without them...

2013-04-02 2:51 PM

User image

Champion
SoCal
I have some great theories on the books. I wonder if we shoould make another thread for the books and leave this thread to just the TV show lol
2013-04-02 2:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Have at it. I'm all for hearing people's feeling on the books and things I may have missed during the reading.
2013-04-02 4:23 PM
in reply to: #4683922

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
TriathletePT - 2013-04-02 2:55 PM

Have at it. I'm all for hearing people's feeling on the books and things I may have missed during the reading.

Yeah, we should probably make a Game of Thrones Book (SPOILERS) thread!

Who wants to start it?

I'm almost done with book 5 so not sure I should start it yet!

2013-04-03 7:49 AM

User image

Champion
SoCal

Moved to fire and ice thread.

Edited by Big Appa 2013-04-03 8:08 AM
2013-04-03 8:01 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Really great thoughts Big Appa! I'm certain only Danery's can blow that horn. BUT... we are giving away spoilers in future shows! While her blowing the horn isn't in the books at all... the horn is, but it hasn't happened in the show yet. Although, nothing really HAPPENS with it in the first 5 books.

Guess we should start that thread about the books! I hate giving away what is to come to people only watching the shows.

2013-04-03 8:04 AM
in reply to: #4684676

User image

Champion
SoCal

KSH - 2013-04-03 6:01 AM Really great thoughts Big Appa! I'm certain only Danery's can blow that horn. BUT... we are giving away spoilers in future shows! While her blowing the horn isn't in the books at all... the horn is, but it hasn't happened in the show yet. Although, nothing really HAPPENS with it in the first 5 books. Guess we should start that thread about the books! I hate giving away what is to come to people only watching the shows.

That is what I was saying yesterday a thread about the books including theories on what is to come.

2013-04-03 8:05 AM
in reply to: #4684681

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Big Appa - 2013-04-03 8:04 AM

KSH - 2013-04-03 6:01 AM Really great thoughts Big Appa! I'm certain only Danery's can blow that horn. BUT... we are giving away spoilers in future shows! While her blowing the horn isn't in the books at all... the horn is, but it hasn't happened in the show yet. Although, nothing really HAPPENS with it in the first 5 books. Guess we should start that thread about the books! I hate giving away what is to come to people only watching the shows.

That is what I was saying yesterday a thread about the books including theories on what is to come.

Starting one now! Give a sec.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Rss Feed  

of 7