Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2014-05-19 2:20 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers)

Back to Game of Thrones... OK, if you are watching the series, you should have noticed they have left out the story line where Cersi (? spelling) is sleeping with those brothers (? cousins?) and how she was scheming with them to make Jeoffry's (? spelling) bride out to be a sl@t by sleeping wit them. Basically one of them was lying for Cersi. Then the plot is found out, and Cersi was put in the tower and then made to walk the streets naked.

But they don't seem to be doing this story line in the shows, which is disappointing. That moment in the books was magnificent!  

2014-05-19 2:26 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
A good bit of that was Book 5 correct? I'm not sure when she started sleeping with ?Lancel? and then the other dudes on the Kings Guard as well. Based on the interaction between Cersei and The Queen in waiting a couple episodes ago, I'm guessing they will get there. The books made Cersei out to be much more power hungry and evil than the show seems to be. She's probably the most evil person in the books from my perspective.
2014-05-19 2:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
A good bit of that was Book 5 correct? I'm not sure when she started sleeping with ?Lancel? and then the other dudes on the Kings Guard as well. Based on the interaction between Cersei and The Queen in waiting a couple episodes ago, I'm guessing they will get there. The books made Cersei out to be much more power hungry and evil than the show seems to be. She's probably the most evil person in the books from my perspective.
2014-05-19 2:31 PM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Not sure whats up the double posts, but its annoying.

I'm curious as to what they are going to do with book 4. Do they intro all these new characters and tell the story of books 4 and 5 over the course of maybe 3 seasons or what? I'm sure they could leave a good bit of Sam's voyage out and Bran gets a little weird in there too. And Arya could have her own spinoff show about her journey.
2014-05-19 2:51 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by TriathletePT A good bit of that was Book 5 correct? I'm not sure when she started sleeping with ?Lancel? and then the other dudes on the Kings Guard as well. Based on the interaction between Cersei and The Queen in waiting a couple episodes ago, I'm guessing they will get there. The books made Cersei out to be much more power hungry and evil than the show seems to be. She's probably the most evil person in the books from my perspective.

Maybe? I can't recall what book that was in! Ha! Right, the show isn't giving the full details on how evil she is. But my boyfriend, who hasn't read the books, completely see's  her as an evil person, so maybe they are making it come across? 

2014-05-19 2:52 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by TriathletePT Not sure whats up the double posts, but its annoying. I'm curious as to what they are going to do with book 4. Do they intro all these new characters and tell the story of books 4 and 5 over the course of maybe 3 seasons or what? I'm sure they could leave a good bit of Sam's voyage out and Bran gets a little weird in there too. And Arya could have her own spinoff show about her journey.

Yeah, who knows. I'm not even sure Sam will go on his journey in the show. The gal he brought back was supposed to go with him, and she's gone. 

2014-05-19 3:24 PM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by TriathletePT A good bit of that was Book 5 correct? I'm not sure when she started sleeping with ?Lancel? and then the other dudes on the Kings Guard as well. Based on the interaction between Cersei and The Queen in waiting a couple episodes ago, I'm guessing they will get there. The books made Cersei out to be much more power hungry and evil than the show seems to be. She's probably the most evil person in the books from my perspective.

Maybe? I can't recall what book that was in! Ha! Right, the show isn't giving the full details on how evil she is. But my boyfriend, who hasn't read the books, completely see's  her as an evil person, so maybe they are making it come across? 

I think they had a quick scene, or part of scene, in an earlier season where it showed her hooking up with a cousin.

It was really brief, if I recall correctly, it was sort of a quick "Why are you still here?" as he leaves her bedroom... something to that effect.
2014-05-19 4:15 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I just read through this discussion and learned so many things I missed!  I "ingested" the books via audiobook downloads from the library - the best way to spend my commute to/from work.  I couldn't believe how so many of the names were spelled when I finally read some things about the story.     I really recommend audio because there is no skimming. 

If it will really take that long to get book 6 I am definitely going to have to re-read or at least spend a of time looking at the wiki. 

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2014-05-19 4:15 PM
2014-05-19 6:34 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Sylvania, Ga
The show is also taking a new direction with brienne after the last episode. No more biter and rorge to fight.
2014-06-06 2:41 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
I dont know if this genuinely came from GRRM if true chances are he may not finish the books sad for him and the series.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/happy-place-original/an-open-lette...
2014-06-08 8:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Originally posted by strykergt

I dont know if this genuinely came from GRRM if true chances are he may not finish the books sad for him and the series.

Was your post a joke? It states at the bottom that its a humor piece written by a different dude entirely.

2014-06-08 10:26 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by TriathletePT

Was your post a joke? It states at the bottom that its a humor piece written by a different dude entirely.

Not a joke . for a while there i thought it may be true ... thanks for pointing it out... Sorry wont be able to delete my post.
2014-06-09 12:17 PM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Originally posted by TriathletePT
Originally posted by strykergt I dont know if this genuinely came from GRRM if true chances are he may not finish the books sad for him and the series. http://happyplace.someecards.com/happy-place-original/an-open-lette...
Not a joke . for a while there i thought it may be true ... thanks for pointing it out... Sorry wont be able to delete my post.

This was not written by GRRM, as explained at the bottom of the article.  

2014-06-20 9:32 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Just watched the whole Series 4 of GOT. I would say well done. I am only disappointed the script did not include the line:

"My Giant of Lannister"
-Shae
SOS:Tyrion Chap.70

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Rss Feed  

of 9