General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Folsom Long Course Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-03 5:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: Folsom Long Course Triathlon : Official Thread

It looks like they might be changing the bike for this course.  I haven't heard anything about this but I happened to be checking out the website and saw the bike part now says, "New Course will be posted soon...check back on April 5, 2013."

So I guess I'll check back in a couple days.

2013-07-08 5:52 PM
in reply to: jmholzman

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Folsom Long Course Triathlon : Official Thread

Anyone else doing this race?  They did end up completely changing the bike route compared to last year.  I'm going to ride the route in a couple weekends when I'm up in the area.

2013-07-09 11:49 PM
in reply to: Fresno_Joe

User image

Veteran
Somewhere training in Rocklin, CA
I'm local and train in the area. The route is not normally one that you would ride as there is little to no shoulder or bike lane on portions. Hopefully they'll have good traffic control. I'm still debating whether to race as I have the Vineman next weekend but I may decide to toe the line as it approaches.

2013-07-22 1:55 PM
in reply to: Captain Morgan

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois

I rode the bike route early this Sunday morning.  Nice route, other than the lack of shoulder over a few stretches as noted.  The few climbs are not that bad; the one that is listed as a cat 5 does not feel like a cat 5.  There's one relatively steep slope but it doesn't last long enough to be categorized.  And nearly all the climbing comes during the first half, which is great.  Definitely a couple stretches where the road is not very smooth, but probably about 80% of the time it's very good surface.  I didn't get to ride the canal path because it was closed off, so I took Sunrise to Folsom to Hazel instead.  Not nearly as much wind as I was expecting, but who knows what conditions on race day will be.  Anyways, a solid route that if there was shoulder the whole time would be a very good training route.

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Folsom Long Course Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed