General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which TrainerRoad plan? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-11 12:38 PM

User image

Expert
Plano, National Capital Region
Subject: Which TrainerRoad plan?

I've been on trainerroad the last 4 months and have pretty much just done the 20-minute power accelerator plan (same as Jorge's winter cycling plan) a couple of times (though I can't say that I've done every single workout each time around).

I've got 16 weeks until my next race so I'm thinking of doing the Intermediate Build I plan (though I will usually substitute a group ride for Saturday).  I want to continue to increase FTP, targeting a 5% increase over the next 4 months (I'm going to test FTP on Monday and use that as my new baseline).

I was thinking of doing the 20-minute power accelerator a couple of times again, but thought I needed 90-minute workouts as my next race is a HIM and I think I can benefit from slightly longer workouts.

Any suggestions?  With summer coming, the weather will be nicer and the sun will be up longer, so I may do a weekday group ride.  I plan on 3 bike workouts a week though I'll throw in a 4th one if my legs are up for it.  One of those is a Saturday long ride with my cycling club unless weather is bad.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which TrainerRoad plan? Rss Feed