User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Ricin Guy - TEA Party Member
tuwood - 2013-04-18 3:48 PM
tealeaf - 2013-04-18 1:45 PM
tuwood - 2013-04-18 2:39 PM

mr2tony - 2013-04-18 1:25 PM
DanielG - 2013-04-18 1:21 PM
sbreaux - 2013-04-18 2:20 PM Here we go.  The "All the bad guys are Democrats/Liberals" thread.......
Huh? Don't see where you get that. I just find his facebook avatar rather amusing considering the crime. Along with the gov't is doing something about missing body parts. Not sure where that one comes from either.
Why is it amusing?

I can't speak for DanielG, but for me there are many examples of prominent people, typically on the far left who make idiotic statements blaming the Tea Party or right wing nut jobs as a class whenever things like this happen.  Some of these members are on national media like MSNBC, so it's not just a matter of somebody posting it on facebook or a blog.

The true fact, is there are just nut jobs period on both sides of the spectrum, so I find it amusing when prejudicial people are proven wrong.  It has nothing to do with what the guy did, or attempted to do, it's all about shining the light on prejudice.

If it's the true fact that there are nut jobs period on both sides, they why the need for the "typically on the far left..." phrase?

That phrase is a good example of the prejudicial, to borrow a word from your post, unprovable, inaccurate, and inflammatory statements thrown out equally by both sides which hamper many attempts at meaningful dialogue. There's no point to a statement like that other than to put in a little jab.

You're correct, and I should have put in the typically on the far left part.  I was more thinking that the ones that get more media exposure are typically on the far left (ie. MSNBC), but there's no question whack jobs on both sides make these kinds of stupid statements.

The level of discussion from partisan media outlets is ridiculous. It is really funny to watch both extreme ends of the spectrum call each other out for doing the same things. It's all about ratings, money, and entertainment.

2013-04-18 5:23 PM
in reply to: #4706324

User image

Sensei
Sin City
tuwood - 2013-04-18 2:48 PM

sbreaux - 2013-04-18 2:20 PM Here we go.  The "All the bad guys are Democrats/Liberals" thread.......
Huh? Don't see where you get that. I just find his facebook avatar rather amusing considering the crime. Along with the gov't is doing something about missing body parts. Not sure where that one comes from either.
Why is it amusing?

I can't speak for DanielG, but for me there are many examples of prominent people, typically on the far left who make idiotic statements blaming the Tea Party or right wing nut jobs as a class whenever things like this happen.  Some of these members are on national media like MSNBC, so it's not just a matter of somebody posting it on facebook or a blog.

The true fact, is there are just nut jobs period on both sides of the spectrum, so I find it amusing when prejudicial people are proven wrong.  It has nothing to do with what the guy did, or attempted to do, it's all about shining the light on prejudice.

If it's the true fact that there are nut jobs period on both sides, they why the need for the "typically on the far left..." phrase?

That phrase is a good example of the prejudicial, to borrow a word from your post, unprovable, inaccurate, and inflammatory statements thrown out equally by both sides which hamper many attempts at meaningful dialogue. There's no point to a statement like that other than to put in a little jab.

You're correct, and I should have put in the typically on the far left part.  I was more thinking that the ones that get more media exposure are typically on the far left (ie. MSNBC), but there's no question whack jobs on both sides make these kinds of stupid statements.

"Should" or "shouldn't" have put in the typical part? 

I cant' speak for leaf, but I think it's the use of the word "typical".  Sort of sounded to ME that if it's a kook on the far right, it's a nut job.  If it's a kook on the far left, it's "typical".  (This coming from a registered "righty")

A nut job is a nut job, from either side (or no side) and we all know that idiotic statements are generally not typical.  (However, it seems more and more it's going that way, I fear.)  Not sure if I have grown more cynical with old age or more aware...

2013-04-18 5:38 PM
in reply to: #4706357

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Kido - 2013-04-18 5:23 PM
tuwood - 2013-04-18 2:48 PM

Why is it amusing?

"Should" or "shouldn't" have put in the typical part? 

I cant' speak for leaf, but I think it's the use of the word "typical".  Sort of sounded to ME that if it's a kook on the far right, it's a nut job.  If it's a kook on the far left, it's "typical".  (This coming from a registered "righty")

A nut job is a nut job, from either side (or no side) and we all know that idiotic statements are generally not typical.  (However, it seems more and more it's going that way, I fear.)  Not sure if I have grown more cynical with old age or more aware...

hah, woops.  yeah "Shouldn't" have put in the typical part.

2013-04-18 7:22 PM
in reply to: #4705859

User image

Expert
Johns Creek, Georgia

I wish we would stop placing evil people regardless of what association they claim in categories except what they are, pure frigging evil.  

2013-04-18 7:34 PM
in reply to: #4705942

User image

tealeaf - 2013-04-18 11:45 AM

Why is it amusing?

In the media, it seems the MSNBC's jump to the conclusion. Gabby Gifford, more than one of their commentators mentioned Republicans and right wing folks. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Kind of like people assuming it's easier to be a liberal than conservative and that one just flips those in need the finger when in reality the conservative does his charity work with his own money.

2013-04-18 8:57 PM
in reply to: #4706462

User image

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
crusevegas - 2013-04-18 8:34 PM

Why is it amusing?

In the media, it seems the MSNBC's jump to the conclusion. Gabby Gifford, more than one of their commentators mentioned Republicans and right wing folks. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Kind of like people assuming it's easier to be a liberal than conservative and that one just flips those in need the finger when in reality the conservative does his charity work with his own money.

Hey now, if you're going to use my signature quote against me, at least get it right. It's below for your reference.

2013-04-18 9:24 PM
in reply to: #4706529

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
tealeaf - 2013-04-18 8:57 PM

Why is it amusing?

Hey now, if you're going to use my signature quote against me, at least get it right. It's below for your reference.

Can I ask an honest question? 

What are you trying to accomplish with your signature line?

2013-04-19 6:59 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
This isn't to far from where I live.  We got our own share of crazy down here. 
2013-04-19 11:19 AM
in reply to: #4706545

User image

Champion
Chicago
tuwood - 2013-04-18 9:24 PM

Why is it amusing?

What are you trying to accomplish by asking that question?
2013-04-19 11:25 AM
in reply to: #4707085

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
mr2tony - 2013-04-19 11:19 AM

Why is it amusing?

Can I ask an honest question? What are you trying to accomplish by asking that question?

lol, What are you trying to accomplish by asking me what I'm trying to accomplish. 

My presumption is that it's meant to offend people like myself who consider themselves mostly conservative, but I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

2013-04-19 11:37 AM
in reply to: #4707102

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
tuwood - 2013-04-19 10:25 AM
mr2tony - 2013-04-19 11:19 AM

Why is it amusing?

Can I ask an honest question? What are you trying to accomplish by asking that question?

lol, What are you trying to accomplish by asking me what I'm trying to accomplish. 

My presumption is that it's meant to offend people like myself who consider themselves mostly conservative, but I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Ya know, you're probably right, although I don't want to speak for her.  But it's no different to what's written on a daily basis from both sides on any political thread in COJ......

2013-04-19 12:24 PM

User image

Pro
People get offended here?  I never knew that.
2013-04-23 1:11 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2013-04-23 5:09 PM

User image

Elite
Boise
Aha! So he was a TEA party member. Now which one of you was it...
2013-04-23 5:31 PM
in reply to: #4712399

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

JoshR - 2013-04-23 5:09 PM Aha! So he was a TEA party member. Now which one of you was it...

I don't have a southern accent, it couldn't have been me. 

2013-04-24 10:05 AM

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

At the end of the court case, the judge was heard saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building..."

So who did it?  

The Secret Service is exceptional at handwriting analysis, ink analysis, paper analysis.  I find it hard to believe they completely whiffed on this one.  

This seems to happen with some law enforcement agencies where they get stuck on one guy and then the real perp gets away.  I really doubt that is the case with the SS Secret Service or the FBI.  But I guess we'll see if they make another arrest.

Edited so as not to insult the guys who can arrest you for thinking the wrong thing...

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-04-24 10:06 AM

2013-04-24 10:11 AM
in reply to: #4711874

User image

Champion
Chicago
tuwood - 2013-04-23 1:11 PM

From Drudge:

OOPS! RICIN SUSPECT RELEASED
WAS HE FRAMED?

I knew a good southern Christian Democrat couldn't do such a thing.
2013-04-24 10:19 AM
in reply to: #4713232

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida
mr2tony - 2013-04-24 10:11 AM

From Drudge:

WAS HE FRAMED?

That's because a "good southern Christian Democrat" doesn't exist anymore.  They're like unicorns...

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-04-24 10:19 AM
2013-04-24 10:45 AM
in reply to: #4713221

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
GomesBolt - 2013-04-24 10:05 AM

At the end of the court case, the judge was heard saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building..."

So who did it?  

The Secret Service is exceptional at handwriting analysis, ink analysis, paper analysis.  I find it hard to believe they completely whiffed on this one.  

This seems to happen with some law enforcement agencies where they get stuck on one guy and then the real perp gets away.  I really doubt that is the case with the SS Secret Service or the FBI.  But I guess we'll see if they make another arrest.

Edited so as not to insult the guys who can arrest you for thinking the wrong thing...

I heard something on the radio this morning about them suspecting his neighbor setting him up because they had some kind of spat going on.

This increases the odds of it being a Republican now, but if he sent it for the sole purpose of framing his neighbor, is it really a political attack?  ;-)

2013-04-24 10:46 AM
in reply to: #4713309

User image

Champion
Chicago
tuwood - 2013-04-24 10:45 AM

GomesBolt - 2013-04-24 10:05 AM

So who did it?  

I heard something on the radio this morning about them suspecting his neighbor setting him up because they had some kind of spat going on.

This increases the odds of it being a Republican now, but if he sent it for the sole purpose of framing his neighbor, is it really a political attack?  ;-)

Only if Glenn Beck says it is.
2013-04-24 10:53 AM
in reply to: #4713246

User image

GomesBolt - 2013-04-24 11:19 AM

mr2tony - 2013-04-24 10:11 AM

From Drudge:

WAS HE FRAMED?

That's because a "good southern Christian Democrat" doesn't exist anymore.  They're like unicorns...

Heyyyy, Zell Miller hasn't died yet.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Ricin Guy - TEA Party Member Rss Feed  

of 2