General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Run Potto Recently (Trail Weekend) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-22 3:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods
Subject: Anyone Run Potto Recently (Trail Weekend)
The outer rim of Stony was damp two weekends ago and soupy this past Saturday for my pre-trail 1/2 torture.  I'm curious how Potto is with the recent rains.  Typically, some rain right before is good as it tamps the sand down.  Saturday's 1/2 is going to hurt.  I am under trained and still carrying my winter weight as my gut is being run by the thermometer and not the calendar.  Still should be fun.  It'll be interesting to see the course with so little growth along the trail compared to last year.

2013-04-23 5:01 AM
in reply to: #4710370

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Subject: RE: Anyone Run Potto Recently (Trail Weekend)
I run portions of the poto every weekend.  It's only a little wet in the section after the power lines when the trail gets low and there is a little bridge.  The rest seems pretty good to me.  The other thing that can be a problem is the really rocky hills after the power lines.  Someone decided it would be a good idea to randomly pull rocks late last fall.  Made for some interesting running if you step in one of the holes.  Luckily that section is pretty wide so it's easy to avoid.  Also it has had all winter to fillin the gaps so they are much less ankle twinting than they were.  I have a 3 hour run planned on sunday and I just can't decide if I want to pay to run the trails I always run.  Good luck and just enjoy the run on the trails.  Hell, walk the uphills and run the rest if you are feeling out of shape.   
2013-04-23 8:46 AM
in reply to: #4711019

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods

maverickbassets - 2013-04-23 5:01 AM I run portions of the poto every weekend.  It's only a little wet in the section after the power lines when the trail gets low and there is a little bridge.  The rest seems pretty good to me.  The other thing that can be a problem is the really rocky hills after the power lines.  Someone decided it would be a good idea to randomly pull rocks late last fall.  Made for some interesting running if you step in one of the holes.  Luckily that section is pretty wide so it's easy to avoid.  Also it has had all winter to fillin the gaps so they are much less ankle twinting than they were.  I have a 3 hour run planned on sunday and I just can't decide if I want to pay to run the trails I always run.  Good luck and just enjoy the run on the trails.  Hell, walk the uphills and run the rest if you are feeling out of shape.   

GREAT intel, thanks!!!  This will be my 6th 1/2 (and I've done DWD 3 times) so I know the exact areas you're talking about.  I am going to try and get through it all without walking and run by heart rate as much as possible.  A cool aside, I won a VIP Tent Bracelet on Facebook.  Very cool to be able to chill in the tent and warm up, wait for my wave and just walk out and hit the trails.  This is one of my favorites each year and this just might be the best weather of any I've done.

2013-04-23 6:02 PM
in reply to: #4711279

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Also a lot more plastic mesh exposed than last year. If we are lucky there will still be a big tree to jump over at the end of the run.@maverickbassets. Dooooo itttt.
2013-04-24 5:00 AM
in reply to: #4712458

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI

knewbike - 2013-04-23 7:02 PM Also a lot more plastic mesh exposed than last year. If we are lucky there will still be a big tree to jump over at the end of the run.@maverickbassets. Dooooo itttt.

I have a four hour bike ride with Sebastian on saturday so I can't dooo ittt.  I plan to beat the marathoners out sunday and run at 7am from Pinckney to chelsea on the waterloo munith trail. I gotta get 3 hours of running in sunday. 

I also would bet a lot of money they have that tree cut up and gone.  I'm sure the mountain bike folks don't like having to jump over a huge oak tree going down a big hill. 

Good luck out there you guys and gals.  I love that trail so please pack up your gels and what not and don't throw them on the trail. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Run Potto Recently (Trail Weekend) Rss Feed