General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Stevens 70.3 - Accommodations? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-22 10:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: Lake Stevens 70.3 - Accommodations?

I bit the bullet and registered for Lake Stevens July 21st so now I am planning the trip (and pretty excited).  I was considering pulling my trailer to Lake Stevens and getting a campsite somewhere nearby (or as nearby as possible) but thought I'd ask if this is a good idea or should I consider other options?

Any comments or other ideas?  Can you recommend campsites in the vicinity?

Thanks.

2013-04-25 5:58 PM
in reply to: #4710960

Subject: RE: Lake Stevens 70.3 - Accommodations?

Grew up in Snohomish and the only campground that I can think of in the area is Flowing Lake. Its not far from Lake Stevens via the backroads, probably about 15-20 minutes. 

That being said I have not been out there in years, so I can't comment on the quality of the facility.

2013-05-05 9:17 PM
in reply to: #4710960

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Lake Stevens 70.3 - Accommodations?

I think I was going to stay in flowing lakes but a friend ended up getting us a hotel for free in everett. It was next to the freeway so not super great but free. Took about an hour to get to the race in the morning which was fine because we had to be up anyways early to eat etc.  

I think if you were to stay at the campsite you would enjoy it.  you would be in your own domain per say so I think it would help you sleep wise.

hope this helps you out some.

Oh and good luck in the race.  A little hint to you-- look about 10 feet under water next to the bouys there might be a suprise there for you on the swim.

I highly suggest to drive the bike course too so you can get a good idea of the hills involved. They are not that rough but you need to be prepared to hit the brakes pretty good on some of the descents as you have 90 degree turns.  

Edited by spie34 2013-05-05 9:19 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Stevens 70.3 - Accommodations? Rss Feed