General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Desoto Forza or Riviera Tri Bibs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-26 7:50 PM

Subject: Desoto Forza or Riviera Tri Bibs

Evening all

Anyone have the Desoto Riviera Tribibs?  I am looking at those and the Forza modle.  Now I have a  couple pairs of the Forza 4 pocket shorts and there is a difference from one year to the next.  I was really considering the Riviera bibs but was wondering how the pad is compared to the Forza pad.

There are no local retailers I can go to purchase from around here so, it’s an online order.  Any input is appreciated.

2013-04-26 9:31 PM
in reply to: #4716892

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Desoto Forza or Riviera Tri Bibs
I have a pair of the forza tribibs, I really like them use them primarily for racing.  The chamois is really just a piece of fleece, not really a pad per se.  These bibs are quite compressive, just like most desoto kits.
2014-03-21 10:22 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

I have the Desoto Forza Tri-Bibs and love them. They are very well made and could not be more comfortable. I also have a couple pair of the Riviera tri-shorts with the 7mm ceramico pad. These are also amazing! If you want a little more padding, I'd recommend the Riviera; if not, go with the Forza. Either way, you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Ryan
2014-03-21 10:27 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

I have a pair of the Forza Tri-Bibs, all of my trainer sessions are in them and a some of my road rides, really like them.  If your interested there's a 40% off code here for the Forza TB!

2014-03-21 10:33 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

NC
I have them both. I prefer the Riviera for racing because I like the slight pad for the bike. I don't notice it at all running. The slight flotation added on the swim might be something (it's not something I notice). The Riviera float pad is my favorite pad I've found in either tribibs or cycling bibs. Just need to decide if you prefer the chamois or the pad. The Riviera pad is smaller than most cycling pads.

Edited by Goosedog 2014-03-21 10:37 AM
2014-03-21 4:28 PM
in reply to: Goosedog

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Originally posted by Goosedog

I have them both. I prefer the Riviera for racing because I like the slight pad for the bike. I don't notice it at all running. The slight flotation added on the swim might be something (it's not something I notice). The Riviera float pad is my favorite pad I've found in either tribibs or cycling bibs. Just need to decide if you prefer the chamois or the pad. The Riviera pad is smaller than most cycling pads.

x2 on the Riviera float pad being my favorite in all my cycling shorts.

2014-03-21 7:53 PM
in reply to: EKH

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Originally posted by EKH

Originally posted by Goosedog

There is nothing out there that is the equal of the Riviera pad IMO. I want/need more than just a fleece chamois and the Riviera is just a great pad. Better than any cycling short I have ever tried as well.
2014-03-22 12:03 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

The discount noted link is for the Forza Tri-Bibs with the "older" fleece liner. The newest Forza and Riviera tri-shorts/tri-bibs come with a new liner called the Ceramico and this comes in either 4mm thickness (Forza), 7mm thickness (Riviera) or 14mm Thickness (400 mile shorts/bibs). I would bet that later this year the Forza Tri-bibs will feature the 4mm Ceramico liner. I have both the Forza tri-shorts with the fleece liner, the older Riviera tri-shorts with the old float pad and the newest Forza tri-shorts with the 4mm Ceramico liner. I prefer the newest 4mm liner. You might disagree and that is ok.
2014-03-22 12:36 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Originally posted by wannabefaster
Originally posted by EKH
Originally posted by Goosedog I have them both. I prefer the Riviera for racing because I like the slight pad for the bike. I don't notice it at all running. The slight flotation added on the swim might be something (it's not something I notice). The Riviera float pad is my favorite pad I've found in either tribibs or cycling bibs. Just need to decide if you prefer the chamois or the pad. The Riviera pad is smaller than most cycling pads.
X 3 There is nothing out there that is the equal of the Riviera pad IMO. I want/need more than just a fleece chamois and the Riviera is just a great pad. Better than any cycling short I have ever tried as well.

x4     Other than my bike, current best piece of tri equipment.   I have a pair of the Forzas as well but never wear them

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Desoto Forza or Riviera Tri Bibs Rss Feed