General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » It's on! Just starting training for my 1st sprint tri. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-29 3:14 PM

Subject: It's on! Just starting training for my 1st sprint tri.

After six years as a competitive dragon boater, I'm looking for a new challenge--so I've decided to train this year and do my first sprint triathlon in 2014 (the Philly TriRock in June). Yes, it's kind of a long lead time, but I want to make sure I'm ready to do it safely, particularly the run; my 41-year-old knees are shot from various sports over the years. I've done a few 5Ks in the past, but I'm super slow.

I'm really excited about getting started, but I'm terrified about the swim. Not the swimming itself, but being trampled during the swim. The only way to get over it is to just get out there, I suppose! If nothing else, I'll have material for a future book (I'm a novelist). Any suggestions for choosing a bike?

2013-04-29 4:39 PM
in reply to: #4719535

Subject: RE: It's on! Just starting training for my 1st sprint tri.
I just site d up for my first sprint today but have been riding. I suggest you go to a local shop, get measured and see what you like. With the measurement you can look at CL and see what's out there used.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » It's on! Just starting training for my 1st sprint tri. Rss Feed