BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-25 11:25 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by TriAya

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by TriAya SWITCH - def redo the TTs. No way that any part of a straight 1550 (esp one NOT done as a TT) should be faster than 400. That'd be like 5k race splits being faster than a standalone mile. For you I'd rec a long warmup, like 1000, mostly swim but some kick and pull as well, and an easy 100 in addition to rest in betw/TTs. BTW 30x100 you'd build up to, but I would expect with a 1550 that fast you should be able to do 20x100 at CSS on @:10R.

Thinking it'd be best to redo the TT's as well. Also, how possible is it that the 1550 was miscounted? That's a long way to go continuously, easy to miss a 50 or two..

OMG, I can't count a 200 in the pool, lol.  It's all off of my 910 (which is my wooby in the pool), and I haven't had any problems with it counting if I'm doing freestyle.  I could post it if any of that info might be helpful in critiquing my swim...

This, above all things, makes you a real swimmer. They can't count for shyte, unless you're the fastest guy in the fastest lane.

Even then, I've seen more than a few of those break 150m records when they were supposed to be swimming a 200m race. D-OH

It is completely ridiculous.  The 400 repeats--bwahahaha.  I give myself a pep talk before each one, "You  just have to count to 8.  Every time you touch the wall at the opposite end, just count.  You only have to keep track of 8 faching laps. ...blah, blah, blah" I eff it up more often than not.  350, 500,  300, 450 whatevs.  You know, it's "400ish" Oy.

P.S. I just love, love, love that you used the word "wooby." Haven't heard that in a long time. Huge smile here.

2013-10-25 11:26 AM
in reply to: amd723

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by TriAya SWITCH - def redo the TTs. No way that any part of a straight 1550 (esp one NOT done as a TT) should be faster than 400. That'd be like 5k race splits being faster than a standalone mile. For you I'd rec a long warmup, like 1000, mostly swim but some kick and pull as well, and an easy 100 in addition to rest in betw/TTs. BTW 30x100 you'd build up to, but I would expect with a 1550 that fast you should be able to do 20x100 at CSS on @:10R.

Thinking it'd be best to redo the TT's as well. Also, how possible is it that the 1550 was miscounted? That's a long way to go continuously, easy to miss a 50 or two..

OMG, I can't count a 200 in the pool, lol.  It's all off of my 910 (which is my wooby in the pool), and I haven't had any problems with it counting if I'm doing freestyle.  I could post it if any of that info might be helpful in critiquing my swim...

This, above all things, makes you a real swimmer. They can't count for shyte, unless you're the fastest guy in the fastest lane.

Even then, I've seen more than a few of those break 150m records when they were supposed to be swimming a 200m race. D-OH

It is completely ridiculous.  The 400 repeats--bwahahaha.  I give myself a pep talk before each one, "You  just have to count to 8.  Every time you touch the wall at the opposite end, just count.  You only have to keep track of 8 faching laps. ...blah, blah, blah" I eff it up more often than not.  350, 500,  300, 450 whatevs.  You know, it's "400ish" Oy.

I often lose track doing 100s. I really try to keep my mind from wandering, but I can't help it; when I start to swim my mind goes far, far away!

You're on the lesser one. Always. Bumped up a lane last night and the guys looked to me for the count a few times. The one who's most out of breath and working the hardest to hang on.

2013-10-25 11:27 AM

User image

Seattle

Alright, our XC champs are next week and it counts for double points for making the elite team.

I was attempting to do the math on all the different ways the points could add up but I gave up. It will be what it will be.

They also have a nice tutorial posted for us: http://www.usantidoping.org/collection/ LOL It is sooo ridiculous. YOu should all watch it. 

2013-10-25 11:28 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by rrrunner

I kind of feel like I should be on the racing list this weekend, for I am taking two toddlers (2 of my nieces) to a halloween dance party. OMG. I should have trained for this.

Haha, good luck with that!

The biggest dilemma right now is that one niece wants to go in a Duck Dynasty costume, one want's to be a pretty princess but they would like to coordinate. Maybe I will meet them in the middle and be the Duck Dynasty Princess?

Ok, I did not raise girls (thank God!) but toddlers are already concerned about coordinating?!

Well, I don't think they exactly used that word. More like, "I WANT DO BE A PRINCESS. LET'S BE PRINCESSES!" 

Does Auntie Adrienne need to dress like a princess, too, or are you allowed to dress in regular clothes?

If they decide princess, I most certainly will be one as well.

And what is wrong with that

Princesses and pirates, love it!!!  Good looking crew there, Darren!

2013-10-25 11:29 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I often lose track doing 100s. I really try to keep my mind from wandering, but I can't help it; when I start to swim my mind goes far, far away!
Haha--this is the only good thing about LCM in my  mind.  Repeat 100s are hard to mess up :)

2013-10-25 11:31 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Alright, our XC champs are next week and it counts for double points for making the elite team.

I was attempting to do the math on all the different ways the points could add up but I gave up. It will be what it will be.

They also have a nice tutorial posted for us: http://www.usantidoping.org/collection/ LOL It is sooo ridiculous. YOu should all watch it. 

Wow.

Again, you fancy--blood did, urine did, everything did.

Is it weird that it makes me nervous to visit that site?

2013-10-25 11:33 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Regular
LHOTP

You're on the lesser one. Always. Bumped up a lane last night and the guys looked to me for the count a few times. The one who's most out of breath and working the hardest to hang on.

See what happens when you pop off a 1:09 at the end of practice and it doesn't feel hard?  There's something about that that just screams negative reinforcement. 

Congratulations and strong work :)

2013-10-25 11:39 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Wow.

That site?!?! I hold firmly to my belief that your internet browsing cache has GOT to be interesting. 

2013-10-25 11:41 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

First off, GOOD LUCK!!!  No doubt you will rock it.

I watched the urine sample tutorial video, now that is some funny stuff!!  One of my favorite parts is when they are waiting around to be able to produce the sample.  Make 'em wait! 

2013-10-25 11:43 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Seattle

I watched the urine sample tutorial video, now that is some funny stuff!!  One of my favorite parts is when they are waiting around to be able to produce the sample.  Make 'em wait! 

I know!!! Hahahaha. And when they knock on her door at 6 am she is so nonchalant. Like, "Oh hey"

I also want that soundtrack. 

2013-10-25 11:46 AM

User image

Seattle

Wow.

It's cool. Pot is only illegal DURING competition. Not out of competition.

And let's be honest, if one can pull off a great race while under the influence of cannabis, I would shake yer hand.

2013-10-25 11:47 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by cdban66

Wow.

That site?!?! I hold firmly to my belief that your internet browsing cache has GOT to be interesting. 

I'm sure it would actually be very disappointing.  Except for the stuff Salty sends me to check out--that's always entertaining :)

2013-10-25 11:49 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Wow.

It's cool. Pot is only illegal DURING competition. Not out of competition.

And let's be honest, if one can pull off a great race while under the influence of cannabis, I would shake yer hand. :)

Hahaha, well I suppose the first step would be practicing...

2013-10-25 11:54 AM

User image

Master

I know!!! Hahahaha. And when they knock on her door at 6 am she is so nonchalant. Like, "Oh hey"

Ugh that just brings back horrible memories.  Senior nationals T&F champs.  Bronze in javelin, selected for testing.  COULD. NOT. GO. 

I competed early afternoon.  All other events finish.  Still can't go.  Friend is waiting to give me a ride home.  Still can't go.  Sun goes down.  Stadium staff want to close up.  Still can't go.  Have to go in a car with the Control Officer to the afterparty for all the officials at someones home.  The minute the door of the car shuts, I have to pee so badly;  I thought I was going to have an accident in the backseat. 

When we got to the home, I barely got my pants down in the bathroom.  The the CO says to me, after I hand her the sample but I am still peeing "oh you better stop, if this is too dilute I will need another sample".  Lady, if that is too dilute, we will be spending the night together, there is no way I am stopping right now...

Did I mention that it is now 9PM or so, and my friend has been waiting for me this whole time, followed to the home in her car?  It was awful.

2013-10-25 11:58 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by bcraht

Ugh that just brings back horrible memories.  Senior nationals T&F champs.  Bronze in javelin, selected for testing.  COULD. NOT. GO. 

I competed early afternoon.  All other events finish.  Still can't go.  Friend is waiting to give me a ride home.  Still can't go.  Sun goes down.  Stadium staff want to close up.  Still can't go.  Have to go in a car with the Control Officer to the afterparty for all the officials at someones home.  The minute the door of the car shuts, I have to pee so badly;  I thought I was going to have an accident in the backseat. 

When we got to the home, I barely got my pants down in the bathroom.  The the CO says to me, after I hand her the sample but I am still peeing "oh you better stop, if this is too dilute I will need another sample".  Lady, if that is too dilute, we will be spending the night together, there is no way I am stopping right now...

Did I mention that it is now 9PM or so, and my friend has been waiting for me this whole time, followed to the home in her car?  It was awful.

cantstopraffing

sorry. not funny. BWAH HA HA HA HAAA

2013-10-25 11:58 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

There is so much about that story that is awesome!  Javelin???  No way!  What else do we (I?) not know about you?

2013-10-25 12:01 PM

User image

Seattle

That's fantastic. Would have been amazing if the tester had to spend the night with you. ANd then you pee the bed. 

2013-10-25 12:08 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master

cantstopraffing

sorry. not funny. BWAH HA HA HA HAAA

Funny now.  Then, not so much.

2013-10-25 12:09 PM

User image

Master

That's fantastic. Would have been amazing if the tester had to spend the night with you. ANd then you pee the bed. 

Ha!  Would have served her right.  When I couldn't go at the start, she poured warm water down my belly as I sat on the toilet.  Not cool.

2013-10-25 12:10 PM

User image

Master

There is so much about that story that is awesome!  Javelin???  No way!  What else do we (I?) not know about you?

2013-10-25 12:11 PM

User image

Seattle

She did XC, too, right? And didn't you do women's pentathlon or something?

2013-10-25 12:20 PM

User image

Master

I did some XC as a young person.  Javelin, shot put, discus.  I did a couple pentathlons in my day.  Name a dance type.  I prolly did it.

2013-10-25 12:24 PM

User image

Seattle

I did some XC as a young person.  Javelin, shot put, discus.  I did a couple pentathlons in my day.  Name a dance type.  I prolly did it.

twerk

2013-10-25 12:47 PM

Master
Northern IL

One time it's good to give up. Just go run. That other stuff will complicate things when you're out there.

2013-10-25 12:52 PM

User image

Master

twerk

Name a dance type that is taught to children.  Who are not related to Billy Ray Cyrus.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440