BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Fred D and Jason's (Tri808) Half Ironman Mentor Group CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2013-08-19 12:24 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas
Subject: RE: Fred D and Jason's (Tri808) Half Ironman Mentor Group

Originally posted by Mike_D Hey all -- Finished Timberman yesterday, and like I predicted, the run was much of a walk fest. Good swim & bike, then a long walk. Ended up BOP, but crossed the line like everyone else. Cool ending of the day -- my finisher medal was given to me by Andy Potts! (who won the race yesterday) Mike

Congrats on finishing!  Unfortunately, I know all too well about having a good swim and bike, and then just having to suffer through the run to get to the finish.  Very cool about Andy giving you your medal!

2013-08-19 2:12 PM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Mike - congrats again on the day!  Glad you were able to get out there and had a good one.

I, too, had a terrific day - the whole thing was awesome (except not connecting with Mike for dinner the night prior!).  From the race, to chatting with Andy Potts to hanging in the beer tent with friends - just great stuff.

RR is up here:  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=498435&posts=1#M4833297 

Woot!

Matt

2013-08-19 3:04 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
My racing season is now over, and i'm taking the next 6 weeks completely off from running so I can continue PT and get my hammy to heal up. I will then start running again in October. Anyone have a good plan or can point me in the right direction as to how to approach this restart? Go back to couch to 5k or someting a little more advance? I'll likely walk instead of run during the down time, (as well as continue full bike/swim training, 'cuz I love it). Looking for any input you may have!

2013-08-19 3:35 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ogallala, Nebraska
Originally posted by Mike_D

Hey all -- Finished Timberman yesterday, and like I predicted, the run was much of a walk fest. Good swim & bike, then a long walk. Ended up BOP, but crossed the line like everyone else. Cool ending of the day -- my finisher medal was given to me by Andy Potts! (who won the race yesterday)

Mike

Congrats on finishing despite the challenge on the run!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Fred D and Jason's (Tri808) Half Ironman Mentor Group CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 51