BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kenj triathletes in training - IM and HIM focused - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 63

2013-11-27 1:02 PM
in reply to: bdenehy

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
Subject: RE: kenj triathletes in training - IM and HIM focused - Closed

Originally posted by bdenehy Here's wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving, unless your in Canada or the UK (of course it doesn't have to be an official holiday to scarf down some turkey and fixins...). Eat like crazy. S/B/R heals all food sins....

Happy Thanksgiving!  Yes, I will probably eat way to much tomorrow, but starting the day off with a little turkey trot! 

2013-11-27 1:55 PM
in reply to: kenj

User image

I am Canadian so Thanksgiving was over a month ago, but I will still enjoy Black Friday. Pulling the trigger on a PowerTap G3 on Friday.

I sat down with my coach this Monday and we hashed out the next season. Looks like 1/2 marathon in February, 1/2 marathon in May, 1/2 Ironman in early June, IM Whistler in late July, then IM Lake Tahoe 8 weeks later in September, and a final 1/2 marathon in October. We discussed new gear and he (and me as well) are happy with my set up as it is. I just have a Specialized Tarmac road bike that I am using. No race wheels, no aero helmet, and bolt on aero bars. The only thing I am going to do different this year is train with power and really concentrate on the bike portion. I am happy with my swim and run times, but I am really lagging on the bike portion. That is going to be our focus this season to really work on the bike.

This is all part of my 5 year plan. I am turning 45 in 7 weeks so I am entering a new age group classification. I am going to work very hard with my coach and we are going to see how close I can get in that 5 years to Kona qualifying. This will be my second full season triathlon training with a coach. My first IM, Wisconsin, was 12:31. That is the base and that is where I am starting from. We are going to work on the engine before I start throwing wads of cash chasing a couple minute savings on the wheels, helmet, bike, etc. In the new year I am heading to the local university to do full VO2 testing, body composition, lactate threshold, max HR, weight, etc. That will be the base and we will see if there are improvements each year.

Enjoy the holiday and talk to everyone one soon.
Dwayne
2013-12-25 8:27 AM
in reply to: DeVinci13

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Merry Christmas to all of you!  I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday!!

Ken

2014-05-16 1:24 PM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Putting the band back together if anyone wants to join in you are all more than welcome!

Here is the new mentor thread!

2015-04-14 12:32 PM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
so how many of you are still here, maybe more importantly, still rockn' the fitness?
2015-04-15 7:39 AM
in reply to: Meulen

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Originally posted by Meulen so how many of you are still here, maybe more importantly, still rockn' the fitness?

Me!  LOL!

I still see some folks post workouts on the friends page. 

2015-04-15 9:56 AM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
Awesome! and you need to stop by when your in Naperville!!!!
2015-04-16 5:48 AM
in reply to: Meulen

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Originally posted by Meulen Awesome! and you need to stop by when your in Naperville!!!!

I think I am coming in June, I will let you know!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kenj triathletes in training - IM and HIM focused - Closed Rss Feed  

of 63