BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2014-01-02 8:02 PM
in reply to: Nadscats

User image

New user
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN
Gonna post again to keep this going. Was thinking back on what I got from this group, and besides the encouragement...the best advice was the bike seat. I rode in pain for too long, someone made a comment that it should not hurt, no matter what. Got recommendations for seat position, shorts, creams etc. I adjusted my seat 1/4 inch here, 1/4 inch there, got the Assos cream, and starting gliding the seams on my shorts...It finally came together, no issues at all. I am thankful that I joined and have appreciated all of the help and advice from others.

2014-01-02 9:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
Originally posted by Nadscats

Happy New Year Everyone!!! I have been slacking some (just a little), got 2 new tattoos in 2 weeks so have been unable to swim, and had to go without shoes for a few days. Back to running, weights and spinning. Have a half marathon in a few weeks and am not ready but will walk/run if need be. Signed up for the Tri-freaks Rainman indoor Tri in March, the Rugged Maniac in May, Lake Stevens in Aug and going for the Twin Cities Marathon in October. So, gotta get in gear. I want to continue with this group as well and will do my best to post/keep it going. Wishing everyone happy training, no injuries and lots of PR's for 2014!!

Happy New Year!!

Pics of your new ink?

2014-01-02 10:28 PM
in reply to: tdl1972

User image

New user
Not computer savvy..how do I post photos??
2014-01-19 4:09 PM

User image

New user
Where is everyone? I have a 1/2 marathon next weekend and have not been running, 4.5 is my longest. Looks like it is going to be a walk/run training day. Will be good to get out and mingle with everyone. It is local so a lot of friends will be there. Think I will bring thermos of soup for my after treat! Hope everyone is doing well
2014-01-21 7:26 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Originally posted by Nadscats

Where is everyone? I have a 1/2 marathon next weekend and have not been running, 4.5 is my longest. Looks like it is going to be a walk/run training day. Will be good to get out and mingle with everyone. It is local so a lot of friends will be there. Think I will bring thermos of soup for my after treat! Hope everyone is doing well

Good luck Nadine and have fun!
2014-01-26 6:04 PM
in reply to: Terps421

User image

New user
Ok, 4.5 was still my longest run...was hoping to run about 8, then walk/run. Did not even make 3 when calves hurt. Was hoping to avg about 12-13 mostly walking. Ended up with 11:30 avg with lots of walking from mile 9-13 but did hurt after. Had issue with a couple of gals doing a walk/run..every time I would pass them, they would run to pass me. About mile 5, I passed them and moved clear to the right, (there was no-one around us), as soon as I passed they started running, and ran so close that the one gal elbowed me in the chest...twice...I have a short fuse but told myself not to react...had a 5 minute conversation in my head but did not speak, or react...got going from there. All in all, a good run, sunny but about 30 degrees at the start. Warmed up to about 40 so was actually nice. Happy that I got outside and happy for the cookies and gummy bears at the finish!

2014-05-09 11:38 PM

User image

New user
Has everyone left this forum?? Hope everyone is training happy.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 44