Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2013-11-01 10:10 AM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Subject: RE: Hashers and Mashers - Open
Originally posted by strykergt

Good job Gary!!!!

Wont be racking up my miles and hours taper time for me raceday is this weekend.

Cheers!!!

Enjoy the taper! Have a great race.

2013-11-01 1:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois

Originally posted by strykergt Good job Gary!!!! Wont be racking up my miles and hours taper time for me raceday is this weekend. Cheers!!!
Good luck on your race!  I'm doing a half marathon on Sunday, though I've barely worked out since my August race.  I don't want to pass up the free finisher's sweatshirt

So I've taken the week off basically reasoning that I'm not going to gain any fitness this week so may as well rest my legs.

My buddy and I both got on the waitlist for Vineman, and we both got one of the top 300 slots so I'm sure we'll get in.  So no more excuses, time to get back in the saddle.

2013-11-01 1:39 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pearland,Tx
Thanks Guys I am thinking i am the last one to do an event this season for our group....

I Forgot

Sarah is still doing IM Cozumel her first IM that will be a great event to look forward to and end our groups season this year.

Edited by strykergt 2013-11-01 1:40 PM
2013-11-04 12:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois
2013-11-04 9:37 PM
in reply to: Fresno_Joe

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by Fresno_Joe

Had my half marathon today: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Congrats Joe!!! i always knew you're a Sub 2.
2013-11-04 9:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC

Had my half marathon today: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Joe - when I click on the link it takes me to the "Forums" page and not to a report or anything. I looked in Race Reports and didn't see anything with your name on it.

At the pool this morning I found out I missed out on a 20K trail run yesterday. It's a 10K run out an old rail line (Kettle Valley Railway) including a tunnel. All up hill about 2% grade going out then turn around and run back - downhill all the way. I'll definitely include it in my late season for next year.

2013-11-04 10:01 PM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Joe - when I click on the link it takes me to the "Forums" page and not to a report or anything. I looked in Race Reports and didn't see anything with your name on it.

At the pool this morning I found out I missed out on a 20K trail run yesterday. It's a 10K run out an old rail line (Kettle Valley Railway) including a tunnel. All up hill about 2% grade going out then turn around and run back - downhill all the way. I'll definitely include it in my late season for next year.

George

Here is joe's report:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Sorry about the miss.

I am also scrounging for last minute races this year
2013-11-04 10:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Carlo - Congratulations!!! A solid finish to your first HIM. You toughed it out through adversity and wound up with a solid finish, a PR and you had a great time. All the better of course with your family at the finish line.

Your swim sounds like you handled it really well and better swims are on the way - you'll just keep getting faster. And, you felt strong coming out of the water - a very big deal. A second pair of goggles is a great idea. I always try to have at least two pair and I like to have a clear pair and a black pair in case of sunshine.

How cool was the weather while you were on the bike? If you train on hills you'll definitely pick up some speed. Your time for the bike is very enviable. I'd love to be that fast.

You handled the run really well. In my next HIM my goal is to finish the run in 2:30 so I don't think you did bad at all. Especially in view of the problems you had. For myself, and you, as we build up our bike fitness our running fitness will improve as well.

Laughed out loud when you said you, "Want to do it again." I can definitely relate to that feeling.

(I found your race report when I was looking for Joe's).
2013-11-04 10:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Thanks Carlo, that made the difference. I can't imagine why I couldn't get it before.

Joe - Pretty awesome result considering your lack of preparation. I expect to get some faster in my running but I doubt if I'll ever be able to get that fast. I've only run twice since mid Sept. but I did run a mile in 9:18 which is the best I could do.

I was impressed by your Marine's run to honour his friends. I think I would've been pretty emotional to hear his story if I were running with him.
2013-11-04 10:39 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Race Report:

Friends

Thanks for all the support through this months of training. I could not have done it without Joe's and Gary's tracking of our workouts. Our member's inspiring race reports from sprints to HIMs. Encouraging words from all of us. To be specific what helped me the most is:

Joe's advice on nutrition 2 GuS per hour, Skratch.

George your swimming advice are helpful, shows with your performance on open water.

I do admit I was under pressure being the last to have a scheduled HIM. But all I can say trust the training and everything will fall into place.

Thanks again

2013-11-04 10:48 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Carlo - Congratulations!!! A solid finish to your first HIM. You toughed it out through adversity and wound up with a solid finish, a PR and you had a great time. All the better of course with your family at the finish line.

Your swim sounds like you handled it really well and better swims are on the way - you'll just keep getting faster. And, you felt strong coming out of the water - a very big deal. A second pair of goggles is a great idea. I always try to have at least two pair and I like to have a clear pair and a black pair in case of sunshine.

How cool was the weather while you were on the bike? If you train on hills you'll definitely pick up some speed. Your time for the bike is very enviable. I'd love to be that fast.

You handled the run really well. In my next HIM my goal is to finish the run in 2:30 so I don't think you did bad at all. Especially in view of the problems you had. For myself, and you, as we build up our bike fitness our running fitness will improve as well.

Laughed out loud when you said you, "Want to do it again." I can definitely relate to that feeling.

(I found your race report when I was looking for Joe's).

George

Thanks again , the bike was cool 55 ended with 65.F . I don't plan to be faster on the hills maintain my speed with a Lesser effort level . I just wanted some power saved for the run. I would even go slower to have a stronger run.If ever you want yo go for the IM plunge let me know.

2013-11-05 3:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois

Great job, Carlos!  Sounds like you learned some lessons for next time, glad to hear you stayed with it and finished!  Sounds like a tough bike ride.  Hope your recovery goes smooth.

2013-11-05 4:03 PM

User image

2x, 3x, 4x etc!

Way to go, Carl (A.K.A. Carlo, A.K.A. Carlos, A.K.A. Athlete of Many Similar-Sounding Names Starting WIth The Letter C).

G
2013-11-05 4:22 PM
in reply to: PsyTri

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by PsyTri

2x, 3x, 4x etc!

Way to go, Carl (A.K.A. Carlo, A.K.A. Carlos, A.K.A. Athlete of Many Similar-Sounding Names Starting WIth The Letter C).

G

thanks Gary and Joe!!!

And Gary Inspiring Race report of your son, did not know he have T1 Diabetes. I just recovered in beteween training months of T2 and finally off insulin and metformin. Good luck to the both of you.!!!

if you dont mind its really inspiring im reposting it here:

Cheers!!!

2013-11-05 5:34 PM

User image

Sub 2, now thats what I'm talking about! Hey strykergt way to go on the HIM, what was your race nutrition like?
2013-11-05 6:42 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis

Congrats Joe!!! i always knew you're a Sub 2.

Congrats on the sub 2 hour race!

2013-11-05 6:46 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis

Race Report:

Friends

Thanks for all the support through this months of training. I could not have done it without Joe's and Gary's tracking of our workouts. Our member's inspiring race reports from sprints to HIMs. Encouraging words from all of us. To be specific what helped me the most is:

Joe's advice on nutrition 2 GuS per hour, Skratch.

George your swimming advice are helpful, shows with your performance on open water.

I do admit I was under pressure being the last to have a scheduled HIM. But all I can say trust the training and everything will fall into place.

Thanks again

Awesome way to end the season! Congrats!
2013-11-05 9:25 PM

User image

Originally posted by PsyTri

2x, 3x, 4x etc!

G

thanks Gary and Joe!!!

And Gary Inspiring Race report of your son, did not know he have T1 Diabetes. I just recovered in beteween training months of T2 and finally off insulin and metformin. Good luck to the both of you.!!!

if you dont mind its really inspiring im reposting it here:

Cheers!!!

Thanks. He's a pretty solid athlete and highly motivated, so he's been wanting to get out there with Dad. Did his first kids triathlon this summer (76 yds - 1 mile - 1/2 mile) and has been swim-bike-run ever since. Luckily, there are many great T1D role models out there for kids, so they can see that there are no limitations to what they can accomplish. Thanks again for the support.

Cheers.
2013-11-05 10:04 PM
in reply to: TRIal_of_miles

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by TRIal_of_miles

Sub 2, now thats what I'm talking about! Hey strykergt way to go on the HIM, what was your race nutrition like?

Thanks Again Mike and Aaron

Aaron

Nutrition Plan is like this.

Breakfast
2 ClifBar+ Banana + Skratch Bottle.

Before Swim
1XRoctane Gu+ 1 Std. Gu.

T1- Skratch mouthful+1 Roctane Gu.

BIKE:
2X GUs per Hour= 6 Total GUs
Hydration
Skratch:1X32Oz,2X24Oz.
note:Skratch is concentrated 1 scoop per 8 Oz.
Water:2X24 Oz.
All Consumed!!! evenly one half mouthful of sip every mile.

T2- Skratch mouthful+1 Roctane Gu.

RUN:
2X 9Oz. Concentrated Skratch.
1.5 scoop per fuel belt bottle
1 sip per mile diluted with water from station.

1X Gu every 45 mins. 3 total

2013-11-15 12:00 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
giving away used Shimano 105 pedals , cleats are well used if you want it.
2013-11-15 12:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois

I'll defer to anyone else in the group who needs clipless pedals, but if no one else speaks up I'm interested.  I have the shimano spd-sl pedals right now, so the 105's would be a bit of an upgrade. Generous offer buddy!

If anyone else in the group does not already have clipless pedals, they are a must have, speak up!

2013-11-15 9:06 AM

User image

Here are our mid-month stats. Looks like strykergt is in STRYK-ing distance of the lead! TrialOfMiles: He's hot on your heels!

Way to go, Sarah. Enjoy your taper on the way to IM Cozumel.

Ransik - you da man! You must be wearing through running shoes like nobody's business! I'd like to say I'm going to catch you on the run by the end of the month, but I'd be lyin'!

All the rest of us - doing great. Keep up the great work.

Attachments
----------------
HMNov2013Mid.xls (15KB - 17 downloads)
2013-11-15 9:10 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx

I'll defer to anyone else in the group who needs clipless pedals, but if no one else speaks up I'm interested.  I have the shimano spd-sl pedals right now, so the 105's would be a bit of an upgrade. Generous offer buddy!

If anyone else in the group does not already have clipless pedals, they are a must have, speak up!

Ok to anyone who does not have any pedals i am giving it away ill give it until this weekend and Joe gets it ok group mates.
2013-12-02 3:33 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

HASHERS AND MASHERS BREAKING NEWS!
(see attached file for details)

"Strykergt Takes the Lead", fueled by . . . well, his new profile picture says it all! Putting up over 600 miles on his ride this month. Can he be stopped?
"Trial_Of_Miles: Part Man, Part Fish" 40K+ yards in the water is insane! That's just shy of marathon distance.
"Sarah73: Lost in Mexico? Still Celebrating? Stay Tuned for an Update!" - way to go. Hope it went well. We're looking forward to your RR, amiga.
"Wenceslasz: Turning Up the Heat and Coming on Strong"
"PsyTri: Living in the Shadow and Eating the Dust of Ransick (A.K.A. Road Warrior)", who had another 100+ month of running. 1K miles any time now!
"Tryin' to Tie": Jillebean and Fresno_Joe neck and neck.
"Dance-a-Thon: Miche033 bustin' a move" - way to stay moving with swim-bike-run-soccer-dance-anything else active! (Dance stats not shown here!)
"Bracing for a Come-Back" from ybeal and danywilliams83

Signing off.

G

Edited by PsyTri 2013-12-02 3:36 PM

Attachments
----------------
HMNov2013Tot.xls (14KB - 13 downloads)
2013-12-02 3:43 PM
in reply to: PsyTri

User image

PsyTri thanks for tracking everyone's stats and I'm loving the monthly rundown!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Hashers and Mashers - Open Rss Feed  

of 41