General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swim/Lessons in Western Suburbs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-03 3:55 PM

Subject: Masters Swim/Lessons in Western Suburbs

Hey all. I live in Glen Ellyn and could use some help with my swim. I've heard masters classes are a great way to improve. Two questions...

1) Anyone know of some good groups in the Glen Ellyn/Wheaton/Elmhurst/etc. area?

2) Are these groups usually open to beginners? Total noob question, but are they called masters groups because the members are skilled or because they're older? Thanks!

2013-05-03 7:44 PM
in reply to: #4726493

User image

Chicago
Subject: RE: Masters Swim/Lessons in Western Suburbs

Hello,

YES!  Masters swimming can do wonders for your swim efficiency and times, if you join the right group for you! To answer your questions:

1.  We do have a Masters Swim team in Lemont, which isn't too far from where you are.  The team practices MWF 5:30am and TTH 8:00pm.  The facility is just off I355, so it is very convenient.  Please let me know if you would like more information.

2.  GREAT QUESTION!  "Masters" swim teams are simply teams whose participants are 18 years of age or older.  Younger than that and they are considered "Age Groupers".  Too many times, people assume that "masters" means very skilled, which simply isn't the case.  Glad you asked the question!

Hope to see you out at the pool - and, if not, hope you find a masters team that suits you!

MJ Gasik

2013-05-24 7:59 PM
in reply to: MJSlikas

Subject: RE: Masters Swim/Lessons in Western Suburbs
Mj's group is great and I have trained with alot of them. They are very welcoming and I highly recommend it. I would be with them but my schedule is very goofy. Good luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swim/Lessons in Western Suburbs Rss Feed