BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2013-10-25 8:45 PM
in reply to: Gla56

User image

Veteran
Wollongong
Subject: RE: Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN
I notice that the memberships are 50% off for a few days.

Has anyone used the training plans for IM distance? Any good?

2013-10-26 3:49 PM

User image

Expert
My daughter ran her regional CC meet this morning. On Wednesday she ran her mile TT and ran her fastest mile. I did the McMillon calculator with her and it came out at 24:05, which is 45 seconds faster than her pr. She was hopeful but skeptical. She ran it in 24:03.for a new PR. The sad part is her team missed making the State meet by just a few seconds.
2013-10-30 9:47 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
I gave up this week and put my bike on the trainer . I guess its time to break out The Sufferfest program.

Mitch- What's the bet this year?
2013-10-30 6:44 PM

User image

Expert
Somewhere in the Swamps of Philly
9 am consult with surgeon tomorrow so wish me luck. Will report back.

Go State!
2013-10-31 7:54 AM
in reply to: JoePetto

User image

Expert
Originally posted by JoePetto

Go State!

Good luck today.
Go Green!
2013-10-31 10:08 AM

User image

Master
Originally posted by JBacarella

Go State!

Good luck today.
Go Green!

You guys are killing me. It took me a second yesterday to figure out what Jim was referncing tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions. Think my team's chances on Saturday are not very good. Regardles....
GO BLUE!

2013-10-31 1:37 PM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Expert
Originally posted by trisuppo

Go State!

Good luck today.
Go Green!

You guys are killing me. It took me a second yesterday to figure out what Jim was referncing tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions. Think my team's chances on Saturday are not very good. Regardles....
GO BLUE!

Don't tell my daughter, she works for the MSU football team, but in the back of my head I was thinking I am setting myself up to be punished for making this bet. Last year I think we did 1 minute per point of 100+ on the trainer. I only had to do one rep. Our chances depend on which offense shows up. That goes for both teams.
2013-10-31 2:02 PM

User image

Master
I'm up for any fitness related bets...just explain it a bit clearer for me...my brain isn't working well today.
2013-10-31 3:34 PM

User image

Expert
This if from recall but I believe we did 1 minute intervals on the trainer at 100+ cadence per point difference. Last year your team won by 1 point so I did 1 interval.
2013-10-31 5:54 PM
in reply to: #4881556

User image

Veteran
Wollongong
Arrived in Noosa with my daughterfor the Noosa Triathlon this Sunday. Apparently it's the second largest Olympic Distance event in the world, after the London Triathlon. Should be interesting.

For me it will only be a swim and ride, then maybe a walk. Grounded from running at the moment. My daughter is in the last of the age groups (wave 47) starting about an hour after I start, so if I walk the 10k we should finish at around the same time

I have a MRI scheduled for next Tuesday on my knee (the better of the two normally!)

Greg
2013-10-31 6:29 PM

User image

Expert
In the words of Punxatawny Phil - 6 more weeks of winter.

Surgeon put me on 6 more weeks of PT and no running, but I'm OKd to swim and bike. Hmm?

Gonna stick with the plan for now. Considering a second opinion. I have a doc who has had success deriding spurs using ultra hi frequency tool devised to clean tendon damage (FAST technique). Minimally evasive, fully recovery in 6 weeks. It reduces the spur from 2 CM to 6 MM but won't cure it. A bit apprehensive since the doc is not a board certified surgeon.

Hope everyone else is well. I'll take any action that the MI boys concoct. My dad's a MSU alum ('66) so I bleed green.

2013-10-31 8:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert

Surgeon put me on 6 more weeks of PT and no running, but I'm OKd to swim and bike. Hmm?

Gonna stick with the plan for now. Considering a second opinion. I have a doc who has had success deriding spurs using ultra hi frequency tool devised to clean tendon damage (FAST technique). Minimally evasive, fully recovery in 6 weeks. It reduces the spur from 2 CM to 6 MM but won't cure it. A bit apprehensive since the doc is not a board certified surgeon.

Hope everyone else is well. I'll take any action that the MI boys concoct. My dad's a MSU alum ('66) so I bleed green.

I would go with the second opinion. I have a friend that went to a chiropractor, completely illegal, but he adjusted his foot and ankle and it took away the pain.
I knew I could count on you Joe. Go State!

Greg- Good luck this weekend.

Edited by JBacarella 2013-10-31 8:24 PM
2013-11-01 9:33 AM

User image

Master

I would go with the second opinion. I have a friend that went to a chiropractor, completely illegal, but he adjusted his foot and ankle and it took away the pain.

Joe - good luck and hope you heal!

I'm in for the UofM v. MSU fitness bet. I need a reason to get back on the trainer anyway.
2013-11-01 1:32 PM

User image

Expert

I'm in for the UofM v. MSU fitness bet. I need a reason to get back on the trainer anyway.

Me Too. have it set up and even cleaned out and painted my basement, but somehow my butt can't find the saddle.
2013-11-02 9:46 PM

User image

Master

Me Too. have it set up and even cleaned out and painted my basement, but somehow my butt can't find the saddle.

Your Spartans played a great game. Their D-Line clearly outplayed and outmatched Michigan's O-Line. Ouch. Lots of minutes coming my way one day next week. I'll post a link to the Garmin file once done!
2013-11-03 7:40 AM

User image

Expert

Your Spartans played a great game. Their D-Line clearly outplayed and outmatched Michigan's O-Line. Ouch. Lots of minutes coming my way one day next week. I'll post a link to the Garmin file once done!

I have to admit I never expected the game to turn out the way it did. Michigan is a much better team than the score reflected.

2013-11-04 12:36 PM
in reply to: ernestov

User image

Master
Can I convince any of the Michigan and broader midwest peeps to sign up for the following:

http://epicraces.com/?event=battle-of-waterloo-coming-back-in-2014

"Battle of Waterloo is a wild and testing adventure triathlon challenge. Ten legs, 42 miles through the sprawling Waterloo Recreation Area, one of the most rugged and beautiful parks in the Midwest. Along the way, you will bike remote paved roads, run winding dirt lanes, climb steep trails, swim across three wilderness lakes – carrying your shoes and swim gear with you the whole way."

"Battle of Waterloo Course Description

(Maps coming soon)

Leg 1 – 1.4 mile run – Mass start on the beach, then past the transition zone, through the north parking lots, past the organizational campground, and onto the two-track that leads to the main trail. Right turn onto the main trail. Emerge from the trail at the north side of boat launch parking area and from there into the transition zone.

Leg 2 – 20.5 mile bike on paved roads – Out of park, right on Seymour Road (0.6), right on Wooster Road (3.9), right on Coon Hill Road (5.9), stay on Coon Hill Road as it turns left towards the village of Munith (11.0), right on Waterloo-Munith Road (12.3), turn right to stay on Waterloo Munith Road where it intersects with Park Road (15.0), right on Clear Lake Road in “downtown” Waterloo (18.8), left off Clear Lake Road into Clear Lake Park (20.4). Bikes left on a second transition zone in Clear Lake Park.
transition map – you may leave items with your bike in this transition.

Leg 3 – 0.5 mile swim – swim easterly across Clear Lake, finishing at private home on the east shore.

Leg 4 – 4.0 mile run. Left from the cottage onto South Clear Lake Shores Road (0.0), right (east) at the intersection (0.1), right on Loveland Road (0.8), left onto the Waterloo Trail (1.0), bear immediately onto the right-hand trail. Left on McClure Road (1.8), then right into the semi-open area right across from the Waterloo Park Headquarters (2.7). Follow the Waterloo Trail to the southeast out of the opening, cross Ridge Road (3.0), turn left at the southeast intersection with the Lakeview Trail (3.6), follow the Lakeview Trail north along the west side of Mill Lake to the fishing site near the northwest corner of the lake (4)

Leg 5 – 0.25 mile swim – swim easterly across Mill Lake, ending at the old beach for the fresh air camp (which no one has used for years and therefore doesn’t look like much of a beach).

Leg 6 – 3.4 mile run. Go east and then mostly south along the east shore of Mill Lake, going past the boarded-up log cabins of the fresh air camp and emerging onto the paved access road to the Discovery Center (0.65), right on the paved road to the first parking lot (0.85), right onto the paved path that leads to the Discovery Center, then 150 yards later turn right onto the Waterloo Trail (0.9). Right onto the Lakeside Rail (1.2), right back onto the Waterloo Trail (1.8), and continue straight at the trail intersection on the southwest side of Mill Lake (2.4). For the next 0.7 mile, there will be two-way traffic with runners doing Leg 4. You will cross Ridge Road (2.9) and and then reach the open area across from Park Headquarters (3.1). Bear left (to the southwest) on the Waterloo Trail, which eventually takes you down a steep hill to the north shore of Crooked Lake (3.4).

Leg 7 – 0.7 mile swim in Crooked Lake, going south-soutwesterly down the narrow lake near the west shore and finishing at the beach that is 100 yards or so south of the rickety old wooden dock.

Leg 8 – 3.3 mile run. Go north from the beach, continue north through the fishing site parking lot (0.1), and follow the access road north and then west. Left on Loveland (1.2), right on Green (1.4), continue on Green until turning right on the horse trail that is just 150 yards east of Clear Lake Road (2.7). Follow horse trail north, stay left at the trail intersection (2.8). Turn right on the paved road (Clear Lake Road) at 2.9, then follow the shoulder of the paved road north to Clear Lake Park and your bicycle (3.3).
transition map – Remember to take all your belongings with you when you leave on your bike (you will be finishing at a different park).

Leg 9 – 5.8 mile bike on paved roads – Right on Clear Lake Road (01), left on Trist Road (0.2), continue west on Trist and Seymour to entrance of Portage Lake Park (5.3), right into Portage Lake Park and finish at the original transition zone.

Leg 10 – 1.4 mile run – basically repeating the last 80% of the first leg. Run to the finish in the park near transition."
2013-11-04 7:47 PM

User image

Expert
Mitch- Battle of Waterloo looks interesting. That is down in Jackson, right. It may be an easier sell, the in-laws live 30 minutes away. The down side is we put up with 9 months of bad weather for 90 great days in the North and I hate to give them up.
2013-11-13 12:03 PM

User image

Expert
Guatemala

Greg, I really enjoyed your IM Copenhagen blog report and congrats on beating your time expectations, 12:19 is a great time!  How did the Noosa tri go?

Joe, how is the foot and the recovery going?

On my side I'm 18 days away from IM Cozumel which will be my 2nd one.  I just returned a few days ago from a week long business trip to Tokyo which was fun and productive for business, but not so good for IM training since I was only able to get a few runs in.  I know have this trend of having to go on far away business trips right before a major race.  So we will see how it goes.

How is everyone else here doing?

2013-11-20 2:55 PM
in reply to: sirgab

User image

Expert
Originally posted by sirgab

Greg, I really enjoyed your IM Copenhagen blog report and congrats on beating your time expectations, 12:19 is a great time!  How did the Noosa tri go?

On my side I'm 18 days away from IM Cozumel which will be my 2nd one.  I just returned a few days ago from a week long business trip to Tokyo which was fun and productive for business, but not so good for IM training since I was only able to get a few runs in.  I know have this trend of having to go on far away business trips right before a major race.  So we will see how it goes.

Hi Gabe.

It has been a slow fat fall for me. I have taken time off slowed things down and made up on family time. Good luck in Cozumel!
2013-11-20 2:56 PM

User image

Expert

Hi Gabe.

It has been a slow fat fall for me. I have taken time off slowed things down and made up on family time. Good luck in Cozumel!

2013-11-22 6:53 PM

User image

Expert
Gabe - best of luck at IMCOZ.

I've finally started on the road back to swimming and cycling, but I am so out of shape that it feels like I'm starting over. Still no running for a couple of more weeks. Pursuing a possible alternative called the FAST technique - involves a high intensity vibration tool that is intended to clean up debriefed soft tissue, but the doc has said he has used it on spurs with success. In patient, local anesthesia, couple of weeks recovery, running at 4-6 weeks. Skeptical a bit, but we will see.

The lack of cardio and related endorphin rush has been quite rough. Didn't really appreciate how therapeutic the effort was on the psyche and spirit. Still looking for my mojo.
2013-11-25 5:24 PM
in reply to: JoePetto

User image

Expert
Guatemala

Thanks for your messages Jim and Joe and glad to see all is well!  I'm a little nervous and running around trying to wrap things up with work before I head out for Cozumel on Thursday morning.  Will let you know how it goes.  Saludos amigos!

2013-11-25 9:23 PM

User image

Expert

Thanks for your messages Jim and Joe and glad to see all is well!  I'm a little nervous and running around trying to wrap things up with work before I head out for Cozumel on Thursday morning.  Will let you know how it goes.  Saludos amigos!

Good luck Gabe! I will follow you online.
2013-11-26 9:11 AM

User image

Master

Gabe:

Good luck - sending you positive mojo for your race - looking forward to your race report!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 21