General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Vegetarian and Gluten Free? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-07 8:28 AM
in reply to: ipull400watts

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!
Subject: RE: Anyone Vegetarian and Gluten Free?
Originally posted by ipull400watts
Originally posted by Evergreen
ipull400watts - 2013-05-13 9:19 PM
peteweb55403 - 2013-05-13 8:44 PM
Meljoypip - 2013-05-07 10:10 AM
ipull400watts - 2013-05-07 10:06 AM
Meljoypip - 2013-05-06 2:36 PM

ipull400watts:East Africans? I will have to look into that  I have checked out your blog. good stuff. As far as grains I eat oats, quinoa and beans a lot, not so much rice. Do you think there is much nutritional benefit to rice other than fiber and calories? I am asking in ignorance- I will go check.

Rice. It's the last on my list of grains to eat, if that tells you anything. I'd choose quinoa, sweet potato, or oats before that.

Yes- I love quinoa and sweet potatoes, oats once or twice a week. I try to eat mostly vegetables, some fruit, nuts, seeds

BUT Beans- I love beans and eat them but will my digestive system EVER get used to them??? Really been eating beans my whole life but when I eat them more than twice a week...issues...Tongue out

I have eliminated sugars, most grains, and all processed food for the last 2 months. And the amount of gas (mainly from veggies, but compounded by beans) is not what I considered humanly possible. My girlfriend wants me to start taking beano, because it is sooo bad. Will this subside? I can probably power a small country, it's so much
Dude, I tried raw vegan for 3 weeks. I quit for 3 reasons. 1) Difficult/expensive to eat 3,000+ cals of fruit 2) tons of gas 3) tons of poop. Literally, I ran more on trails so I could poop if need be.

Yeah, but "tons of poop" is a really good thing, for you body anyway. 

I am going to have to research the gas issue, although I think the answer is gong to have to do with your body not making enough enzymes (maybe Hydrachloric acid??) As far as  I know Beano is an enzyme- (enzymes help digest) although I thought fresh fruit and veggies had plenty of enzymes...

I have eliminated sugars, most grains, and all processed food for the last 2 months

Good for you- awesome accomplishment!!

Yeah but I literally had to start trail running more so I could poop whenever I needed to.

The enzymes made by fruit and veggies are mostly made to digest those specific fruits and veggies for the most part. Hydrachloric Acid will digest proteins. Your body should produce its own HCA BUT may not if you have taken something to inhibit it like antacids. A good naturopath should be able  to test you and see if you are deficient in specific enzymes or just try beano.

2013-08-07 11:41 AM
in reply to: Evergreen

User image

Expert
Brookings South Dakota
Subject: RE: Anyone Vegetarian and Gluten Free?
No worries, I won't be going back to that much fruit any time soon I'm more of a veggie guy anyway.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Vegetarian and Gluten Free? Rss Feed  

of 2