General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MDot Tattoo Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-06 11:52 AM

Subject: MDot Tattoo

Bostonian's, I finished my first IM last year and want to get my first tattoo this year.  I want to get a MDot on my lower calf.  I was wondering if anyone on here would have a recommendation for a great tattoo artist in Boston.  Preferably one that has experience with MDot tattoos.  

Thanks! 

Jason

Edited by ranger0706 2013-05-06 11:53 AM

2013-05-09 6:49 AM
in reply to: #4729410

User image

New user
Hingham, MA
Subject: RE: MDot Tattoo
Hi Jason, I wish I had seen this before because I saw a guy who had a nice one at a trail race a couple of weeks ago. I would hold off till your next race and if you see a good one ask the person where they got it, you don't want some tattoo artist screwing it up. I see a lot of mdot pictures online and unfortunately some of them look stupid (IMO), the M or the dot is too big, small, oblong, etc. I would want to be very careful because I have never inked myself and if I was marking myself for life I would want it to look exactly the way I expected it to. The only tattoo I would ever even consider would be an mdot. Congratulations on your accomplishment and I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Edited by JREDFLY 2013-05-09 6:52 AM
2013-05-09 2:54 PM

Regular
Brighton MA
If you do find a place let me know! I am doing IMLP as my first and want to get one after.
2013-05-12 7:45 PM

User image

New user
My suggestion is to find a picture of what you want and bring it to a reputable tattoo parlor. They are artists and most can do what ever you want. Most places have multiple artists and you can choose who you want to do it. Each artists will have a binder of their own work. Flip through it and look at their work and make sure they are good. The mdot is very basic and even the most amateur artist can do that.I can't recommend any in Boston, although I'm sure there are plenty of good ones, but can give you some names and places in southern south shore.
2013-06-17 9:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cape Cod
Originally posted by ranger0706

Bostonian's, I finished my first IM last year and want to get my first tattoo this year.  I want to get a MDot on my lower calf.  I was wondering if anyone on here would have a recommendation for a great tattoo artist in Boston.  Preferably one that has experience with MDot tattoos.  

Thanks! 

Jason

First off, congratulations!

Secondly, I know it's not near Boston really but, Mark Corliss of Spilt Milk Tattoo in Hyannis is about as good as they come:

www.spiltmilktattoo.com/?

Also, looking at your username, it may interst you to know Mark is a former Army Ranger, not sure if that applies to you or not, just FYI.

Edited by GordonGibbons 2013-06-17 9:41 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MDot Tattoo Rss Feed