Other Resources The Political Joe » IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-05-12 6:54 PM
in reply to: #4737042

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status
powerman - 2013-05-10 4:35 PM

mad-dog - 2013-05-10 11:53 AM This liberal administration, including its IRS, has run amuck. Total disgrace.

What information do you have that this was directed by the "Administration"? Do you realize the current head was a Bush appointee?

Oh please.  Isn't it clear this Bush appointee is being paid off in Obama Bucks?  And, if not, he was obviously a Democratic plant disguised as a Republican.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's crucial that the GOP hammer Obama, period.  If Obama is completing 7 1/2 years with approval ratings still high, he will be a huge campaigning force for the Democrats in 2016.  The Omen's Damien music will continue to be on Obama videos on Fox News.  That's just the way it is.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2013-05-12 7:01 PM

2013-05-12 7:26 PM
in reply to: #4738942

User image

Elite
ChineseDemocracy - 2013-05-12 5:54 PM

mad-dog - 2013-05-10 11:53 AM This liberal administration, including its IRS, has run amuck. Total disgrace.

What information do you have that this was directed by the "Administration"? Do you realize the current head was a Bush appointee?

Oh please.  Isn't it clear this Bush appointee is being paid off in Obama Bucks?  And, if not, he was obviously a Democratic plant disguised as a Republican.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's crucial that the GOP hammer Obama, period.  If Obama is completing 7 1/2 years with approval ratings still high, he will be a huge campaigning force for the Democrats in 2016.  The Omen's Damien music will continue to be on Obama videos on Fox News.  That's just the way it is.

Who cares?... Bush wasn't even running... but we had to listen to The Dems/Obama complain incessantly about Bush.... heck, and that wasn't even good enough... because for the first two years of his Presidency, we still had to hear about Bush... who wasn't in office. When they both do it, it's sort of silly to call the other side out for it.

2013-05-12 9:09 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
ChineseDemocracy - 2013-05-12 6:54 PM

I don't disagree politically speaking. 

I know it's wishful thinking, but I just want our federal government to be what it's supposed to be and have the proper rules and oversight to keep out the corruption no matter who is in office.  I would say the most troubling issue is the buddy buddy nature the AG's have with the President.  Lets say President X does something blatantly illegal, but the AG who is appointed by him doesn't choose to press charges then we're stuck with impeachment as the only option.  However, if the President in power has one side of the congress locked up then he's virtually immune from the law.  That is dangerous period.

2013-05-13 7:12 AM

New user
ChineseDemocracy - 2013-05-12 6:54 PM

I agree with him being a huge campaigning force in 2016, hell that's all he has done since taking office, that is besides taking vacations, and golf.

2013-05-13 8:24 AM
in reply to: #4737542

User image

Pro

DanielG - 2013-05-11 4:53 AM
mad-dog - 2013-05-10 10:52 PM Very predictable....
The IRS? The TEA party? The tides? Old Faithful?

I'll take "Which one of these does NOT erupt with regularity" for $500, Alex.

2013-05-13 8:38 AM
in reply to: #4736601

User image

Elite
Boise
What's shocking to me is that people are surprised by this. The government has become such a cesspool of corruption that I'd be more susprised if this wasn't going on. 

2013-05-13 10:58 AM
in reply to: #4739504

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

JoshR - 2013-05-13 8:38 AM What's shocking to me is that people are surprised by this. The government has become such a cesspool of corruption that I'd be more susprised if this wasn't going on. 

Sad, but true.

2013-05-13 11:37 AM
in reply to: #4739818

User image

Elite
Boise
tuwood - 2013-05-13 9:58 AM

JoshR - 2013-05-13 8:38 AM What's shocking to me is that people are surprised by this. The government has become such a cesspool of corruption that I'd be more susprised if this wasn't going on. 

Sad, but true.

Just look at the US attorney's scandal from the previous administration. If we can't even expect our US Attorney's to be free from political pressure to push one party's agenda, why would you expect any part of the government to remain non-partisan? Again, this is why I can't ever vote for anyone with a D or an R by their name.

2013-05-13 1:09 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more 'run'.   IMO THIS is a scandal.  Blatant govt. over reach and abuse of public trust.  And MY GUY B.O. had better get in front of it or I'll be on his a##, too.

2013-05-13 1:11 PM
in reply to: #4740134

User image

Champion
Chicago
jeffnboise - 2013-05-13 1:09 PM

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more 'run'.   IMO THIS is a scandal.  Blatant govt. over reach and abuse of public trust.  And MY GUY B.O. had better get in front of it or I'll be on his a##, too.

I agree -- this is way more scandalous than Benghazi.
2013-05-13 1:23 PM
in reply to: #4740139

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
mr2tony - 2013-05-13 1:11 PM

I agree -- this is way more scandalous than Benghazi.

Not for Hillary it isn't.

2013-05-13 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4740134

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

Good on you Jeff for admitting this.

My opinion. If this doesn't go further than Benghazi, it's because the House Reps really don't understand the rules around the IRS, or it's not "sexy" like 4 dead Americans. I'm more upset about Benghazi, but this is more clearly improper.

I'm really not sure "I learned about it when you did" is the right answer even if it's true.

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-05-13 7:52 PM

2013-05-13 7:59 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Mr. Obama said he learned about those allegations from news media reports on Friday. He repeatedly called the charges “outrageous,” if true, and said that anyone found to be guilty of such actions should be held accountable.

“I’ve got no patience for it,” he said. “I will not tolerate it.”

Is that the proper response? Or do we just think this is CYA? Is the assumption that he knew about it or that he even directed it?
2013-05-13 8:03 PM
in reply to: #4740850

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 7:59 PMMr. Obama said he learned about those allegations from news media reports on Friday. He repeatedly called the charges “outrageous,” if true, and said that anyone found to be guilty of such actions should be held accountable.“I’ve got no patience for it,” he said. “I will not tolerate it.”Is that the proper response? Or do we just think this is CYA? Is the assumption that he knew about it or that he even directed it?

I guess I'm wondering what he does know about. He didn't know about the Talking Points on Benghazi, he didn't know about Fast and Furious, he didn't know about the IRS, he didn't know about the AP wire tap, what does he know about?

2013-05-13 8:20 PM
in reply to: #4740858

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
GomesBolt - 2013-05-13 8:03 PM

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 7:59 PMMr. Obama said he learned about those allegations from news media reports on Friday. He repeatedly called the charges “outrageous,” if true, and said that anyone found to be guilty of such actions should be held accountable.“I’ve got no patience for it,” he said. “I will not tolerate it.”Is that the proper response? Or do we just think this is CYA? Is the assumption that he knew about it or that he even directed it?

I guess I'm wondering what he does know about. He didn't know about the Talking Points on Benghazi, he didn't know about Fast and Furious, he didn't know about the IRS, he didn't know about the AP wire tap, what does he know about?

First of all, there's been no suggestion of a wiretap. Nowhere in any of the allegations does it say anything about a wiretap. It's not a small detail, so you're either not reading carefully or you're being deliberately inflammatory. The article TriR posted says," None of the information provided by the government to the AP suggested the actual phone conversations were monitored." it's exactly what the GOP does. Casually toss out erroneous, inflammatory information and hope that someone picks it up, accepts it as fact, and runs with it.
As to the rest of your post:
It's not a bad question. How much does/should any president know about everything that the people in his administration are doing? I'm not says that he shouldn't be accountable, but I wonder how much he actually knew. Did the CEOs of the apparel manufacturers who used the factory in Bangladesh that collapsed know that one of their vendor's factories was unsafe? Should they have known? There's a difference to me between the question "is he accountable?" and "did he know?" Is it unreasonable to assume that people in the president's administration don't tell him everything they're doing all the time? Again, this is true of any president, mayor, governor, or CEO.
2013-05-13 8:37 PM
in reply to: #4740886

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 6:20 PM

First of all, there's been no suggestion of a wiretap. Nowhere in any of the allegations does it say anything about a wiretap. It's not a small detail, so you're either not reading carefully or you're being deliberately inflammatory. The article TriR posted says," None of the information provided by the government to the AP suggested the actual phone conversations were monitored." it's exactly what the GOP does. Casually toss out erroneous, inflammatory information and hope that someone picks it up, accepts it as fact, and runs with it. As to the rest of your post: It's not a bad question. How much does/should any president know about everything that the people in his administration are doing? I'm not says that he shouldn't be accountable, but I wonder how much he actually knew. Did the CEOs of the apparel manufacturers who used the factory in Bangladesh that collapsed know that one of their vendor's factories was unsafe? Should they have known? There's a difference to me between the question "is he accountable?" and "did he know?" Is it unreasonable to assume that people in the president's administration don't tell him everything they're doing all the time? Again, this is true of any president, mayor, governor, or CEO.

Delted, wrong thread

Edited by crusevegas 2013-05-13 8:40 PM

2013-05-13 8:39 PM
in reply to: #4740886

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 8:20 PM

First of all, there's been no suggestion of a wiretap. Nowhere in any of the allegations does it say anything about a wiretap. It's not a small detail, so you're either not reading carefully or you're being deliberately inflammatory. The article TriR posted says," None of the information provided by the government to the AP suggested the actual phone conversations were monitored." it's exactly what the GOP does. Casually toss out erroneous, inflammatory information and hope that someone picks it up, accepts it as fact, and runs with it. As to the rest of your post:It's not a bad question. How much does/should any president know about everything that the people in his administration are doing? I'm not says that he shouldn't be accountable, but I wonder how much he actually knew. Did the CEOs of the apparel manufacturers who used the factory in Bangladesh that collapsed know that one of their vendor's factories was unsafe? Should they have known? There's a difference to me between the question "is he accountable?" and "did he know?" Is it unreasonable to assume that people in the president's administration don't tell him everything they're doing all the time? Again, this is true of any president, mayor, governor, or CEO.

You're absolutely right. I should've said "AP Records Seizure without warning." You are correct to call me on that. But it doesn't change my point and I see you acknowledge that fact.

I made a comment earlier on the Benghazi thread that I'm always nervous when someone with no leadership experience is put in a position requiring leadership. Obama's "I didn't know" is a perfect example of why leadership experience is important. Anyone whose ever been in charge but with a boss to report to will tell you that answer is a non-starter. If my Commanding Officer in the Marine Corps or my VP now called me up about a failure in my group that I didn't know about, I'd be in deep kimchee. If the best answer after several days and tons of advisors is "I didn't know" that's a sign that he doesn't think he owes anyone an explanation.

A president doesn't need to be a micromanager, but if his answer is "I didn't know" he quickly loses any credibility for the office. By the way, Reagan was a well known micro-manager which is why his "I have no recollection" answers at the Iran Contra Affair were so aggravating to the hearing committee.

2013-05-13 9:39 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Revealed: The 55 questions the IRS asked one tea party group after more than two years of waiting – including demands for names of all its donors and volunteers

The demanding of donor names and volunteers seems a little interesting.  I'll be honest, I don't know if that's standard stuff as part of a non profit audit and it may be a non issue.  However, on the surface it seems to be quite bad.

2013-05-13 9:41 PM
in reply to: #4741002

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
tuwood - 2013-05-13 9:39 PM

Revealed: The 55 questions the IRS asked one tea party group after more than two years of waiting – including demands for names of all its donors and volunteers

The demanding of donor names and volunteers seems a little interesting.  I'll be honest, I don't know if that's standard stuff as part of a non profit audit and it may be a non issue.  However, on the surface it seems to be quite bad.

It is illegal.
2013-05-14 6:49 AM

User image

Who was it that used John Stewart's version to back their side? Is he still right?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/14/jon_stewart_rips_obama_for_fueling_conspiracy_theorists_with_irs_scandal.html.

2013-05-14 7:01 AM
in reply to: #4741275

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
GomesBolt - 2013-05-14 6:49 AM

Who was it that used John Stewart's version to back their side? Is he still right?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/14/jon_stewart_rips_obama_for_fueling_conspiracy_theorists_with_irs_scandal.html.

He's entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with everything the media says--even the liberal media. It's fun thinking for myself, instead of having my thoughts dictated to me by the TV. Some people should try it.

2013-05-14 7:13 AM
in reply to: #4741296

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-14 7:01 AM
GomesBolt - 2013-05-14 6:49 AMWho was it that used John Stewart's version to back their side? Is he still right?

He's entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with everything the media says--even the liberal media. It's fun thinking for myself, instead of having my thoughts dictated to me by the TV. Some people should try it.

You forgot "faux outrage".

By the way, if you want to see some outrage, turn on MSNBC right now. The worm is turning before my eyes.

2013-05-14 7:39 AM
in reply to: #4740858

New user

Personally I have two choices.  Either I believe he didn't know about any of these things, which means this guy is an absolute moron and people under him just do whatever they want, or he knew about everything and its part of his game.  If I am to believe what dems and media types lead people to believe about his great intelligence, deep thought, smartest president, etc., then he is guilty as sin.  About the only thing he claims to have known about his whole time in office is the killing of bin Laden.

Edited by NXS 2013-05-14 7:40 AM
2013-05-14 9:38 AM
in reply to: #4741349

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
NXS - 2013-05-14 7:39 AM

Personally I have two choices.  Either I believe he didn't know about any of these things, which means this guy is an absolute moron and people under him just do whatever they want, or he knew about everything and its part of his game.  If I am to believe what dems and media types lead people to believe about his great intelligence, deep thought, smartest president, etc., then he is guilty as sin.  About the only thing he claims to have known about his whole time in office is the killing of bin Laden.

And that is exactly the sort of black-and-white, all or nothing thinking that is at the heart of the cultural divide in American society today. He's either 100% one thing, or 100% the other, and either way, he's wrong. How can there possibly be any worthwhile discussion in a society where you have a large segment of the population that thinks this way?
2013-05-14 9:50 AM

User image

What's the biggest issue of the 4 right now?

-Benghazi

-IRS

-DOJ/AP

-Kathleen Sebelius shaking-down executives for funds to implement the Affordable Care Act even after spending over $150 Million that was not earmarked for the ACA on its implementation.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Rss Feed  

of 4