BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2013-11-18 12:31 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED
Why to kill it KTC!! Great job. I can't wait to hear about it. Great bike split!! I hope it was all you hoped it would be and more. I went out for a ride yesterday and thought of you the whole time!!
ann

2013-11-19 1:48 PM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thank you Ann and to team RFP!

I am still recovering from the race and traveling, but feeling good. Hope to write my race recap here soon while the emotions are still there.
2013-11-19 4:27 PM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Expert
Ann -Congrats on your daughters engagement and wedding. When do you have to decide on the Marine Corp? I would assume that sells out pretty quick.

Originally posted by avisser

I am recruiting family and friends to a local Beer run 10 miles in January! Thats not easy here in the northeast. We are Sheddin for the Weddin!! Trying not to gain over the holidays so we are training. My daughter's wedding is April 27th.

Thinking about doing my first 26.2 next year. Marine Corp run in Washington DC. Trying to get faster. Need to get more strength in. Doing yoga for flexibility work.

Be well, everyone!!
ann
2013-11-19 4:30 PM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Expert
Glad to see you still at it Gil. The indoor trainer calsses will really pay off come spring. What are your plans for races in 2014?

Originally posted by gdelamora

Good Morning!

Just some updates on how things have been going for me. It feels like things slowed down for everyone including myself. I'm still not running. It has been two months now. I will give it another month or so before I start working on my running again. I have been doing master swim for a few months now and I'm finally getting into some kind of rhythum with it.

My indoor trainer classes have also started so that is something that I'm doing once a week. It's hard when they both fall on the same day like last night. My evening turns into a 3 hour training session but somehow I survived last night so I'll continue as long as I can. I'm also working on losing some pounds so that i can enter the spring lighter. This is a challenge because work has been really busy and I start doing some traveling soon. I don't do well when i travel for work because i always over eat and don't excerise like I plan to.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
2013-11-19 4:34 PM

User image

Expert
Kathy - great job on Sunday getting it done. I was surprised to see your Facebook post about how you had GI issues. Just from tracking you and seeing Paul's posts from when he saw yo it looked like you were having a great race. Swim and bike splits were awesome and your run was super consistent with no blow ups. Great job.

Between NBC airing this years race and tracking you on Sunday you gave me some motivation to get my lazy butt going again.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

Thank you Ann and to team RFP!

I am still recovering from the race and traveling, but feeling good. Hope to write my race recap here soon while the emotions are still there.
2013-11-21 7:59 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Chicago
Tim- I'm planning for HIM Racine in July and Chicago Marathon in October as my big races. I'll know better once I start running again.

What about you?

Originally posted by tmoran80

Glad to see you still at it Gil. The indoor trainer calsses will really pay off come spring. What are your plans for races in 2014?

Good Morning!

Just some updates on how things have been going for me. It feels like things slowed down for everyone including myself. I'm still not running. It has been two months now. I will give it another month or so before I start working on my running again. I have been doing master swim for a few months now and I'm finally getting into some kind of rhythum with it.

My indoor trainer classes have also started so that is something that I'm doing once a week. It's hard when they both fall on the same day like last night. My evening turns into a 3 hour training session but somehow I survived last night so I'll continue as long as I can. I'm also working on losing some pounds so that i can enter the spring lighter. This is a challenge because work has been really busy and I start doing some traveling soon. I don't do well when i travel for work because i always over eat and don't excerise like I plan to.

2013-11-21 8:01 AM

User image

Chicago
Tim- I'm planning for HIM Racine in July and Chicago Marathon in October as my big races. I'll know better once I start running again.

What about you?

Good Morning!

2013-11-21 8:43 AM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Expert
I am doing the Rev3 Wisconsin Dells 70.3 which is the same weekend as Racine. 50/50 on doing Galena again this year. Last year the new course was terrible so will only do it if they change back to old course. Might do the Chicago triathlon and then the Oshkosh Triathlon in Wisconsin.

Two of the races I wanted to do are all on the same weekend as teh Rev3 race - Pleasant Prairie and BigFoot Lake Geneva.

What about you?

2013-11-25 11:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Re Marine Corp Marathon. I heard it sells out in 3 hours. I also heard they are doing a lottery this year. We shall see.
Training is going well for the 10 miler Family is doing well. It is getting harder as it gets colder to keep them motivated. Did 3 miles on dreadmill with my 16 year old. She wouldn't run in the wind and cold. When we get up to 5 miles she will realize how miserable the tread mill can be. I prefer outside unless it is raining or snowing!!
KTC, I'm soo proud of you. Can't wait to hear the details. You are so inspiring.
ann
2013-11-25 10:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Hey e'one. Finally got some pix from the Racine HIM. 2014 plans are to sign up for two oly tri's next year. Going to take a year off of HIMs and trying to BQ at the WI Marathon in May. But I will check in every now and again.

Oh, gained back the 30 lbs I lost already. SO looking forward to getting back to training come Jan 1st. Right now just about 15-20 miles running per week and weights. Glad to hear e'one is doing good tho.

Edited by t-royboy 2013-11-25 10:51 PM

(RT0423_62674.jpg)

(RT0423_46662.jpg)

(RT0423_12510.jpg)

(RT0423_19170.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
RT0423_62674.jpg (805KB - 11 downloads)
RT0423_46662.jpg (732KB - 11 downloads)
RT0423_12510.jpg (614KB - 17 downloads)
RT0423_19170.jpg (1061KB - 15 downloads)
2013-12-04 10:38 PM
in reply to: t-royboy

User image

Regular
Hello all!

I sincerely apologize for my absence. It has been a trying couple months.

Simone,

How is your calf? Sorry to hear about you pulling out of the races Heal up and keep up the good attitude!

Gil,

I plan on doing Racine next year as well. Assuming I can keep healthy (calf recurring problems).

My update...

I had planned on training for the Las Vegas Half marathon and using the Hot Chocolate 15k as a primer. Unfortunately, my calf flared up again and had to scratch both. I did little training for two months; gained about 15 pounds, and my GF broke up with me....so it was trying couple months. But, I am back to it. I committed to doing 60 minutes a day for 60 days to build a base in SBR (4 days in the books). I am taking it real easy running (calf); doing medicinal runs and constant strengthing and stretching. I have signed up Chicago ITU and AG Nationals in Milwaukee (both olys). I plan on signing up for Racine early next year after I see how my calf recovers. Pleasant prairie sprint will also likely be on the books for next year. I signed up to be a Dare2Tri volunteer as well!

Oh, and I got my bike fitted with aerobars and am back on the traineroad programs!

Looking forward,
Todd

2013-12-10 4:14 PM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Team.

Been a long time - lots of excuses but I wont list them here lol. I hope everyone is doing well.

Troyboy - sweet pics thanks for sharing.

I just wanted to say hi and thanks for a great 2013. I am looking forward to 2014 - hope everyone else is.

KC
2013-12-11 9:28 PM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

G'day Team,

Sorry I've been absent for a bit as well. I've done bugger all training for the last few months, actually I've done bugger all since my half marathon if I am perfectly honest. Just been a rough time all round, everytime I get started something happens and I seem to stall, but that's life I guess.

Troy - great pics!

Gil - How are you injury wise? Have you started back running yet?

Todd - So sorry to hear about your GF, hang in there you'll find someone worthy of you! Sounds like you and I are at about the same stage with training. Although I've put a bit more weight on than you (45 pounds), so I'm hanging back on the running till I lose a bit more so I don't put extra pressure on my calf and knees. I'm planning on entering Shep 70.3 and IMOZ again for next season (2014/15) and hopefully be fit enough to start this time. I'm also looking at Geelong long course which has just been put back on the official 70.3 list and is also in my home state, aka driving distance. So all going well I'll have two halfs under my belt before I tackle the ironman. But between now and then I have 12 months of consistent training and diet to get my fitness back up and my weight back down.

KC - Got the house in order yet? Where are those piccies you promised?

Well I hope everyone else is having a good winter and getting some good sessions in and not having to battle the elements too much. So far down under we've only had a few hot days, but that could change in a heart beat.

2013-12-14 9:26 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Regular
14 of 60 days in the books of at least 60 minutes a day!

Looking forward,

Todd
2013-12-15 6:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Nice work Todd!

Originally posted by ettringite23

14 of 60 days in the books of at least 60 minutes a day! Looking forward, Todd

2013-12-22 9:13 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
2014 is open ? Anyone interested in Mentoring? Tim? KTC?

2013-12-24 10:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I would like to continue with the group. Tim...........are you going to mentor us again? If not, I could fill in for you since I have no big training plans this year.
2013-12-30 6:03 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome KTC. I think Tim is doing it so we will have you tim and I will help as well.

Currently in Panama City Beach Florida for a visit with my Mom and Dad. Will check in again soon.

KC

Originally posted by krazytallchick

I would like to continue with the group. Tim...........are you going to mentor us again? If not, I could fill in for you since I have no big training plans this year.
2013-12-30 9:32 PM

User image

Regular
I am in as well! I will be around and training for my first half-iron

As of today, I have completed 30 of my 60 days of at least 60 minutes of SBR and strength training everyday... Weight is down. I will report back with my weight on Friday (weigh in day

Looking forward,

todd
2014-01-01 8:57 AM

User image

Expert
Ok everyone - New Year = fresh start! I have applied for the new mentor session so if you want to continue with the group sign up here until we go active:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Looking forward to being more active on here than last session - hoping life slows down just a bit and I can focus on my training again.

Happy New Year!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 28