of 2

2013-05-19 6:57 PM
in reply to: mattb1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Friends list

Originally posted by mattb1
Originally posted by Maria527I cannot find how to see friend's of friends.I used to sometimes visit other people's friends list, but now I cannot see anyone else's friends list.
Ditto. I do this a decent amount.

Count me as another vote for returning the friends list to the way it was, partly for efficiency but definitely also for the same reasons cited above.

2013-05-19 7:56 PM
in reply to: runnerg1rl7

User image

Master
South Florida
I know I am old dog, but the new tricks that are trying to be taught are too cumbersome If it takes too long, I will leave after 10 years or so of being on BT
2013-05-19 9:01 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
I don't want to be a complainer and I am trying really hard to appreciate all the work and sweat you guys have put into the site overhaul, but I have to agree 100% on this one. Easy access to Friends, inspires, and logs is a huge draw to BT - it is what keeps me coming back. It feels like there are WAY too many clicks to access all of this now. Really cumbersome.
2013-05-20 3:03 PM
in reply to: #4747674

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Subject: Friends list
Some of the redesign is nice and some of it is not so nice. My biggest issue right now has to do with friends lists. I preferred having my friends listed on my page so I could click on them quickly and easily (I don't like having to go to a separate page to see friends). I also don't like when you click on a friend icon, it brings up his or her races on the sidebar or if you click on the text you get general info. All of the requires more clicking to get to their actual blog. When I click on a friend, I prefer to immediately be taken to their blog/main page. I also don't see any way to find someone who is NOT listed in my friend list. Furthermore, I also cannot see friends of my friends (unless I am missing that).

Overall, I much prefer the "look" of the new BT compared to the older version, but it seems the main page of the blog has a lot of "white" space and could easily accomodate more information.
2013-05-20 12:56 PM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Queen BTich
I wanted to give it a couple days before I replied, but I'm not happy with the current layout/functionality if the logs and Friends list. I agree with everything everyone wrote. Just now, I clicked on a person who is not my friend, to read their log, and I couldn't find how to get to their log. Un fortunately, I have to agree with Mimi, if I cannot easily get to Friends and Friends-OfFriends, I will lose interest and leave BT. That's sad. Which leads me to, "what will keep new people coming back, if they're not intrigued and inspired by the social aspect?" Won't they lose interest as well?

I don't care if the friends list is on our main page, but I definitely think the friends list should be public, and easy to see...somewhere.
2013-05-20 2:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Originally posted by Comet

I wanted to give it a couple days before I replied, but I'm not happy with the current layout/functionality if the logs and Friends list. I agree with everything everyone wrote. Just now, I clicked on a person who is not my friend, to read their log, and I couldn't find how to get to their log. Un fortunately, I have to agree with Mimi, if I cannot easily get to Friends and Friends-OfFriends, I will lose interest and leave BT. That's sad. Which leads me to, "what will keep new people coming back, if they're not intrigued and inspired by the social aspect?" Won't they lose interest as well?

I don't care if the friends list is on our main page, but I definitely think the friends list should be public, and easy to see...somewhere.

See, and this is the community aspect that I'm worried about. The ease of flitting around from one person's blog to another keeps us together, and keeps us connected. Making this easy will help integrate newbies into the already established community. Without that ease of use, I worry that the fabric of the site will... disintegrate.

EDITED TO ADD: The layout, the articles, the rest of it... to me doesn't matter as much. The ability to flip around between logs... friends and non-friends alike... is what keeps me interested and keeps me here.

Edited by Whizzzzz 2013-05-20 2:08 PM

2013-05-21 6:04 AM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Champion
MA
I agree with most everything folks shared. The point Whizzzz brought up is key that having friends and inspires is what makes BT special and making it cumbersome, will not encourage folks to stay or inspire others.

Question....friends list can be pages long. I tried to use the filter without the desired results. I tried by recent insprires and my good BT friend who inspires me daily was on bottom of page 2. Recent inspires is that to a specific user or not?

How do you get to someone quicker than scrolling down and moving through various pages?

Bigger pictures mean more scrolling and pages plus there is a lot of white space on side or margins that isn't helpful.
2013-05-21 10:30 AM
in reply to: KathyG

User image

Master
Delafield, Wisconsin
Add me to the list of long-timers that would really would like to see the friends issue 'improved' to how it was. What has kept me here so long is the easy ability to check in on others, both my friends and friends of friends and the ease of inspiring. Don't get me wrong, there is much to like about the new site (and some stuff I just need to get used to), but the friends list issues, could be a deal breaker.
2013-05-21 8:22 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Veteran
North Bend, WA
I miss seeing friends of friends. Any way to bring that back??
2013-05-21 9:24 PM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by KathyGHow do you get to someone quicker than scrolling down and moving through various pages? Bigger pictures mean more scrolling and pages plus there is a lot of white space on side or margins that isn't helpful.

I figured out a way.  It's coming soon.  This is a test post to to some updates.

2013-05-21 9:26 PM
in reply to: stampinann

User image

Champion

Originally posted by stampinann I miss seeing friends of friends. Any way to bring that back??

It's still there, in a new form and as you have read, cumbersome (apologies).  Working on it.

Go to 'Community --> Freinds'

2013-05-22 2:36 AM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Alaska
I have been a BT member for quite a while now so I am also one of those that really liked the old site and am trying to accept change.
Like many above the friend aspect is one of the most used features in many different ways.
One of the features I have used and like having is when I added a friend I was able to view who had me as a friend. I could then go to their training log and add them to mine.
I hope you can add a similar feature back, as well as the friends of friends.
2013-05-22 12:20 PM
in reply to: AKtri

User image

Extreme Veteran
I miss my friends. I agree with the previous posts that it is much more difficult to interact with friends on the new site.
2013-05-22 2:47 PM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Veteran
North Bend, WA
Originally posted by Ron

Originally posted by stampinann I miss seeing friends of friends. Any way to bring that back??

It's still there, in a new form and as you have read, cumbersome (apologies).  Working on it.

Go to 'Community --> Freinds'

Sorry, wasn't clear...I found 'my friends' under community.  I meant...being able to see who is friends with my friends.  Maybe I am on Wizzzzz page ....I used to see her friends and I would go check out what her friends were doing.  Make sense?

Ann

2013-05-23 9:40 AM

User image

Champion
MA
Since Ron and Mike are working on the friends issue, one minor thing I noticed if you click on a friend and you move up to the upper right corner, first selection is remove from friends list, then go to race log, then training log, and more.

My suggestion is to make the most used selection the top one which would be visit their log. Deleting them as friend maybe better listed on bottom of the list. In top position it could be folks click on it by accident.
2013-05-23 11:45 AM

User image

Veteran
North Bend, WA

Originally posted by KathyG Since Ron and Mike are working on the friends issue, one minor thing I noticed if you click on a friend and you move up to the upper right corner, first selection is remove from friends list, then go to race log, then training log, and more. My suggestion is to make the most used selection the top one which would be visit their log. Deleting them as friend maybe better listed on bottom of the list. In top position it could be folks click on it by accident.

Kathy, I was thinking the SAME thing.  Several times I have almost 'removed' a friend. good call out.

Ann

2013-05-24 12:23 AM

User image

Champion
New Thread
BT Development Fixed Bugs » Friends list Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Is the friends feature gone in Training Log?

Started by lkct01234
Views: 69 Posts: 3

2013-05-17 2:50 PM Hunting Triathlete

Training plan lists

Started by cathyd
Views: 922 Posts: 3

2013-05-24 12:30 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 2, 2010
author : mcinTri2010
comments : 10
It has been a bucket list item for years...something to do before I'm 25. Okay, maybe I'll push that to 30. Okay, maybe I'll let it go altogether.

date : October 30, 2005
author : mscotthall
comments : 5
I have compiled a list of the eleven most important things, in my opinion, that I have learned in my first three months as a triathlete and a BT member. Hopefully you find this useful.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 5
As race day apporaches anxiety builds. Don't let packing add to that list of worries. Part 1 is a checklist compiled by many that I have used on race day.

date : February 28, 2005
author : trithis
comments : 1
Triathletes taking the opportunity to reconginze the support of their family, friends and the love of their sports