General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-18 8:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
Subject: STP
Anybody doing Seattle to Portland this year? I did the one day about 8 yrs ago. Going to tackle it again this year 2 weeks before RAMROD.

2013-07-18 5:47 PM
in reply to: mtnbkr

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
Subject: RE: STP
OK...you can stop looking at this post and not respond....I finished STP, which is Seattle to Portland in one day---204 miles with about 5300 ft climbing. None of the climbing is serious but it sure adds up. I did great except for the severe shoulder and neck pain I had for the second 100 miles. The weather was perfect and there was a tail wind for the last 50 miles or so.
2013-07-18 9:51 PM
in reply to: mtnbkr

User image

Maryland
Congratulations on your ride. That is a serious distance and more than my under carriage would stand! Good weather and a tailwind to boot, the cycling gods were on your side.

I wouldn't be too hard us lerkers for your posting. Heck, your topic generated some serious traffic. However, I think you'll find that most folks here are a tri crowd that has moved primarily into the running realm for their ultra fix vice. There are some double and triple IM masocists, but they are a special breed.

While my own focus has been on running the past coule of seasons, if this heat wave lasts much longer, I'll have spend some more time on the bike just to get some airflow. The past couple of weeks have been so hot and humid, it had me fleel like I'm running in quicksand.
2013-07-18 10:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Congrats on STP. I've not done that one but I did do RAMROD last year. IMO RAMROD is one of the best rides in the PNW. Awesome scenery, tough but fun ride and great support. I am volunteering this year so that I can bypass the lottery and ride next year again for sure.

Edited by cnsegura 2013-07-18 10:32 PM
2013-07-19 5:53 AM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Payson, AZ

Originally posted by cnsegura Congrats on STP. I've not done that one but I did do RAMROD last year. IMO RAMROD is one of the best rides in the PNW. Awesome scenery, tough but fun ride and great support. I am volunteering this year so that I can bypass the lottery and ride next year again for sure.

I've done STP in the past (IMO single day is the only sane way to do it), but I'd really love to do RAMROD one day.  Harder now that I don't live in Oregon, more logistics to deal with

2013-07-19 2:57 PM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
I was very lucky this year to bypass the lottery because a fellow BTr gifted me her bypass for volunteering last year. I wonder if she had her baby yet!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STP Rss Feed