General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Booked a place in my first half ironman :) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-21 9:54 AM

New user

Subject: Booked a place in my first half ironman :)
Hi all, I have just posted in the 'introduce yourself' forum and so I thought I would head over here too

I have just entered into my first half ironman which takes place on 1st September near to where I live in Hinckley (UK). My aim is to then complete the Outlaw event in Nottingham next July by following the Dan Fink training plan in Ironfit.

Up until December last year I had a drink problem so this is my replacement for alcohol. If anyone is interested, I have started a blog to document my progress http://www.ironharris.wordpress.com- hopefully this will help keep me motivated.

I have 2 more tri's before the HIM, a sprint next month followed by an olympic distance in July in Birmingham.

Very much looking forward to getting help and advice and in time, giving a little something back in return

Mike

Edited by mikeyharris 2013-05-21 9:55 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Booked a place in my first half ironman :) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

First time triathlete.....first time ironman......worried.

Started by adamrlowe
Views: 3860 Posts: 14

2014-07-16 2:26 PM Jason N

First Half Ironman Advice

Started by str8himalaya
Views: 3004 Posts: 13

2013-02-05 10:41 PM lorenfogelman

First Half Ironman

Started by str8himalaya
Views: 1348 Posts: 4

2013-01-14 2:02 PM str8himalaya

first ironman book

Started by Docker
Views: 968 Posts: 2

2010-07-01 11:10 PM spudone

First Half Ironman!!

Started by nickypargai
Views: 1502 Posts: 5

2009-12-08 8:33 PM nickypargai
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 27, 2012
author : davey m
comments : 3
Deciding on an Ironman as my first venture into triathlon was greeted with incredulity and astonishment combined with a hint of, "well, you're full of yourself aren't you?" and, "a bit ambitious?"

date : November 16, 2010
author : Al1978
comments : 4
From the couch to a half Ironman the hard way.
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
comments : 0
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Snoball
California 1/2 Ironman: The run was my biggest fear. Prior to training, I had never run more than two miles at any given time.
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : October 2, 2005
author : writers2
comments : 20
My First Half Ironman Experience-A Slow, Fat, Old Triathlete. Here is my story of my first, and probably only Half Ironman. I’m an almost 52 year old, VERY Athena triathlete.