Canada
4C / 39F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 46m 33s
Overall Rank = 277/965
Age Group = M30-39
Age Group Rank = 85/244
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at about 5:45 and had a banana and a glass of water. Got all my gear together and headed into the race at about 6:20. On the way I stopped for a cofffe and a bagel. Got to the race venue at about 7:10 and mainly relaxed and walked around. Slowly got changed and had another cup of coffee.
Event warmup:

It was pretty cold outside so I didn't want to get too warmed up, sweat and then have to stand in the cold so I mainly did some dynamic stretchs inside and made my way to the start line at about 8:30, 15min before post time. Once there I did a little more stretching and bounced around with everyone else to try and keep warm.
Run
  • 1h 46m 33s
  • 21.1 kms
  • 05m 04s  min/km
Comments:

Paced the run pretty good. Really had to slow myslef down for the first 5k or so as I wanted to run at about a 4:30 pace but I kept myself in the 4:50-5:00 range. Really glad I did this as the last 5k were uphill and into the wind. Overall I was really happy with my pace and time. I told someone yesterday that I had fun, and I really did. I remember thinking several times how much I was enjoying the route and the run.
What would you do differently?:

I would have left my arm warmers on. I took them off at about km 7 and it was great until we headed back into the wind. my hands and arms were pretty cold the last few k's.
Post race
Warm down:

I meet up with my wife and daughter and went inside. Had a chocolate milk and then got into line for a free massage. After 20 minutes of that I had a protein shake and got changed. Stopped for sushi on the way home and had a beer. It was cold and tasted great.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The missed training due to nagging injuried like ITBS and hangstring issues.

Event comments:

This is a great race that I would encourage anyone wanting to visit the area to do. Its a whole weekend of events and locals really come out to support you on the route. Beautiful scenery and rolling hills. Ill be back for sure.

Last updated: 2013-01-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:46:33 | 21.1 kms | 05m 04s  min/km
Age Group: 85/244
Overall: 277/965
Performance: Good
Course: Course had a slight up hill for the first few km and then had a gradual down hill over the next 10k or so. Then there were a number of steeper climbs followed by the last 3-4km having an uphill slope.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2013-05-22 6:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Subject: Blue Nose Marathon

2014-04-08 7:55 AM
in reply to: #4752470

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: Blue Nose Marathon

Thanks for the race report from last year!  It's the only one on BT.com 

I'm thinking of doing the full Blue Nose marathon next year... so it's helpful to read that you thought it was a good, well run race!! 

Cheers, -Sunny

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Nose Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Blue Nose Marathon

Started by BryceT
Views: 822 Posts: 1

2011-05-24 10:42 AM BryceT

Red Nose Run 1/2 Marathon - Marathon

Started by tnelson2004
Views: 1171 Posts: 1

2009-05-31 8:14 PM tnelson2004

Blue Nose International Marathon

Started by Butcher
Views: 1100 Posts: 1

2007-07-19 10:40 AM Butcher

Blue Nose International Marathon

Started by rice
Views: 1458 Posts: 1

2006-10-11 7:35 AM rice

Blue Nose marathon

Started by rice
Views: 1149 Posts: 6

2005-09-11 4:48 AM nj newbie!
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 30, 2011
comments : 0
How do you incorporate marathon training into a triathlon training plan?

date : September 27, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Descente, Vision Tech, Pearl Izumi, Saris, CamelBack, BlueSeventy, Blue, GU, Quarq and Shimano.
date : March 13, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.

date : June 10, 2008
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 4
A poll goes out to all the Ironman BT'ers in an effort to understand why some get depressed after an Ironman and why some don't and what can be learned.
date : March 4, 2008
author : ahilden
comments : 1
Four months ago I set upon a journey to train for and complete a triathlon, and a few Sundays back I raced in the Blue Water Triathlon in Parker, Arizona.

date : May 21, 2007
author : katzchen55
comments : 11
If you are suffering from depression like me, take heart - you are not alone. You can use exercise and triathlon training as depression therapy.
date : May 16, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Enter the new TYR X-Sight goggles. The X-Sights have been designed with a flexible nose bridge that (surprise, surprise) is shaped like an “X”.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
Well its the middle of winter and there is 5 inches of snow on the ground and I am too cheap to buy a gym membership and take spinning classes, so what do I do?