BT Development Fixed Bugs » PLEASE fix friends Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-22 7:08 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: PLEASE fix friends
I know you are fixing a multitude of problems but you are loosing old time users and what was one of the best parts of this site. People connecting with each other and making virtual friends who are liked minded. People are not inspiring and not even blogging and it makes me sad to see people I have been friends with for years dropping off the site

1-Put friends back on the blog page
2-when you click on a friend have it take you directly to their blog
3-Have friends list on EVERYONES page so you can jump to someone elses blog from theirs

Its just so cumbersome right now. If I were a new user I would never have been able to figure it out

2013-05-22 7:20 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: PLEASE fix friends
Agree with Sue. It now takes me at least 4 clicks (if I get things right) to write an inspire.

Thanks for taking the suggestions.
2013-05-22 8:15 AM
in reply to: D.K.

Pro
yep,
This was the exact post I made but obviously got deleted by the MODs.

Looks like another long time user of the site might be looking for a new location.
2013-05-22 8:47 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Gold member

Originally posted by Dlaxman31 This was the exact post I made but obviously got deleted by the MODs. Looks like another long time user of the site might be looking for a new location.

No reason I would delete a thread like this.  It was probably moved to the 'enhancements' forum and 'merged' with another thread.  There are several of them regarding friends, I wanted to try to keep everything in one place to bring all the information together.  There are a lot of threads with the same subject, it's hard for me to manage the issues without consolidating them.  Sorry.

2013-05-22 11:32 AM
in reply to: Dlaxman31

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Yes.. I agree... it's just so... cumbersome.

I can live with the idea of keeping friends on a separate page, if that's what needs to be done, but we need to be able to get to the friend's blog thru some sort of easy access. One click easy access. And we also need to be able to see our friend's friends... and click through from there. It's become absolutely maddening because there were people I would check on once or twice a week, thru the blogs of friends... and now I can't remember their names... and I'm at a loss.

Halp. Halp. Please. I realize it hasn't even been a week yet... and there are other glitchy type things to be fixed... but this is big.

2013-05-22 11:42 AM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Champion
Gold member

Originally posted by Whizzzzz Yes.. I agree... it's just so... cumbersome. I can live with the idea of keeping friends on a separate page, if that's what needs to be done, but we need to be able to get to the friend's blog thru some sort of easy access. One click easy access. And we also need to be able to see our friend's friends... and click through from there. It's become absolutely maddening because there were people I would check on once or twice a week, thru the blogs of friends... and now I can't remember their names... and I'm at a loss. Halp. Halp. Please. I realize it hasn't even been a week yet... and there are other glitchy type things to be fixed... but this is big.

IT'S BEING PROGRAMMED TODAY.  WITH ALL OF YOUR'S AND OTHER'S IDEAS.  

EASY...EASIER... FRIENDS OF FRIENDS...WHO ARE MY FRIENDS...ETC.  IT'S IN THE DESIGN!

2013-05-22 11:49 AM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Originally posted by Ron

Originally posted by Whizzzzz Yes.. I agree... it's just so... cumbersome. I can live with the idea of keeping friends on a separate page, if that's what needs to be done, but we need to be able to get to the friend's blog thru some sort of easy access. One click easy access. And we also need to be able to see our friend's friends... and click through from there. It's become absolutely maddening because there were people I would check on once or twice a week, thru the blogs of friends... and now I can't remember their names... and I'm at a loss. Halp. Halp. Please. I realize it hasn't even been a week yet... and there are other glitchy type things to be fixed... but this is big.

EASY...EASIER... FRIENDS OF FRIENDS...WHO ARE MY FRIENDS...ETC.  IT'S IN THE DESIGN!

Thanks Ron you rock...we will appreciate it sooo much!!! And thanks for coming up with BT We love you and it!
2013-05-22 11:59 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
Thanks Ron! I know it's got to be crazy stressful releasing something this big and then hearing all the complaints - thanks for listening and working on this one.
2013-05-22 12:10 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Elite
far northern CA
Originally posted by Socks
Originally posted by Ron

Thanks Ron you rock...we will appreciate it sooo much!!! And thanks for coming up with BT We love you and it!

Thank you soooo much!  I really miss checking on my friends and friends of friends.  It's been lonely not seeing all of those lovely faces and silly pictures right on my Training Log page.

2013-05-24 12:17 AM
in reply to: RunningYogini

User image

Champion
Gold member
2013-05-24 2:05 PM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Originally posted by Ron

Yay! Yay! A million times yay! It works!

New Thread
BT Development Fixed Bugs » PLEASE fix friends Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Doesn’t work at ALL in IE7: Please help with what browsers DO work?

Started by edwardsmjoj
Views: 997 Posts: 8

2013-06-10 10:18 PM Ron

Friends on Training Blog... gone?

Started by KSH
Views: 1791 Posts: 20

2013-05-24 12:21 AM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Would getting the veins fixed have any potential triathlon performance implications? Is there anything else I should be doing for them when I swim/bike/run?

date : September 16, 2008
author : BGTwinDad
comments : 0
In part two of this series of common roadside bike repairs, we show you how to fix a flat tire. Though if you're lucky, a bicycle repairman will wheel by at just the right time.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : September 10, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 12
This video tutorial will show you how to fix a flat tire and also how to change the tire itself. Don't wait until you're out on the course at the races to learn how.
date : February 28, 2005
author : trithis
comments : 1
Triathletes taking the opportunity to reconginze the support of their family, friends and the love of their sports