Other Resources The Political Joe » Ft. Hood Shooter to Defend Himself Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-04 8:26 AM

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Subject: Ft. Hood Shooter to Defend Himself

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130604/DA6MP48G2.html

A military judge Monday granted Hasan's request to represent himself at his upcoming murder trial, and Hasan later hinted that he would try to justify the attack, revealing for the first time his defense strategy.

Hasan, an American-born Muslim, said he would use a "defense of others" strategy, which experts say requires defendants to prove they were protecting other people from imminent danger.

I can just see it now...

"Your honor I had to shoot those unarmed soldiers, to defend the people of Islam."

This is going to be a farce of a trial.

2013-06-04 12:24 PM
in reply to: TriRSquared

User image

Subject: RE: Ft. Hood Shooter to Defend Himself
There are some crimes that no one would have any issue if the criminal got killed committing the crime. In this case, it would eliminate the talking pulpit this guy now gets.

I hope they do not publish a single word he says. Don't tell us a damned thing except the verdict and then the sentence.

2013-06-04 1:16 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
what a disgrace. i can't imagine how this defense is allowed in a military court. i also can't imagine being one of his victims and having to get interviewed by him on the stand. i mean, what would he hope to get out of them? the people he targeted weren't even front line troops and were only permitted to use their weapons in self defense. that's the polar opposite of what his defense is. at least by using this defense he can't claim insanity like the Colorado jerkwad did.

i found it interesting that the military hasn't sentenenced anyone to death since the 60s. i sure hope this changes that statistic. i don't care what religion/color/creed/bathroom he uses, he deserves the chair for what he did.
2013-06-04 1:34 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by DanielG

There are some crimes that no one would have any issue if the criminal got killed committing the crime. In this case, it would eliminate the talking pulpit this guy now gets.

I hope they do not publish a single word he says. Don't tell us a damned thing except the verdict and then the sentence.

This, 1000 x over, perfectly stated, Daniel.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Ft. Hood Shooter to Defend Himself Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Defending Obamacare Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by TriRSquared
Views: 10679 Posts: 102

2013-05-31 7:51 AM tuwood