BT Development New Products and Sales! » Switch Aero System: Aero Position AND Road Position on a Single Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-04 12:32 PM

User image

Subject: Switch Aero System: Aero Position AND Road Position on a Single Bike

Hi BT members!

We just launched a brand new triathlon product on Kickstarter that I think would be perfect for a lot of Beginner Triathletes!  It's called the Switch Aero System.  The system has two parts: a set of quick-release aerobars, and a dual position seatpost. They're designed to let beginner and middle-of-the-pack triathletes (like me) get a better aero position on their road bikes, without sacrificing a normal road position. Full disclosure: I'm one of the creators of the product, so I have a personal interest in the project. Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/...m-one-bike-two-rides

Dual-position Seatpost                                                           Quick-Release Aerobars

Dual-Position SeatpostQuick-Release Aerobars

We think the system would be a perfect way for a lot of beginner triathletes to realize the benefits of an aero position without spending a lot of money on a new bike, or having to completely abandon their normal road position. 

I'm interested to hear the "bike evolution" histories of different triathletes. If you have a second to respond briefly to the questions below, it would be a huge help.

Questions for BT members:

Did you started out doing triathlons on a road bike?
Did you ever try to modify your road bike (i.e., clip-on aerobars, Profile FF seatpost, etc.) for a more aero position?
How many races/seasons before you got a tri bike (if applicable)?

If you had both a road position and an aero position available to you, would you switch positions during a race?
How about during training?

Thanks,
Stephen

New Thread
BT Development New Products and Sales! » Switch Aero System: Aero Position AND Road Position on a Single Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

NEW COBB CYCLING SHC ROAD SADDLE

Started by CobbCycling
Views: 4163 Posts: 1

2010-09-15 6:42 PM CobbCycling

The New Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance Is Here!

Started by VeloPress
Views: 4217 Posts: 1

2009-08-23 11:10 AM VeloPress

SkirtSports 2008 Bike & Triathlon Collections

Started by marmadaddy
Views: 2717 Posts: 2

2008-04-02 11:14 AM SweetK
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 10, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I am racing in the Florida Ironman. My question is this: which position is going to be better for me to ride in, the aero position or the traditional road position?

date : March 24, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
What should I consider when adding aero bars? What are good brands? Are there pitfalls to be aware of? How can I adjust them to fit me?
date : April 20, 2009
author : FitWerx
I went in for a fitting because I had been having chronic stabbing pain in my shoulder/neck whenever I ride for more than 30 minutes. I'm planning a half Ironman this summer, any help for this?

date : March 17, 2008
author : CPT
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.
date : January 14, 2008
author : AMSSM
At the age of 44, I am experiencing extreme pain in my hip. I have been trying simple stretching and have found no relief.

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : December 3, 2007
author : CPT
comments : 5
Colorado Premier Training goes over the basics of what bike power training is and how it relates to your optimal bike position.

date : April 13, 2007
author : B-One
comments : 8
This article estimates how much time can be saved in sprint races by converting from stock aero wheels found on most tri bikes to more aero disk and composite spoked wheels.