General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gripe: Lifeguard never showed up this morning Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-06-17 4:12 PM
in reply to: 1stTimeTri

User image

NC
Subject: RE: Gripe: Lifeguard never showed up this morning
Originally posted by 1stTimeTri

It's interesting to know who to avoid or blast in the future.

You blasting fools?

2013-06-17 4:25 PM
in reply to: Goosedog

User image

I'm here for the snarky comment party.
2013-06-17 4:26 PM
in reply to: BostonSwim41

User image

Pro
I'll take the Boston girl and give two rounds in the cat fight.
2013-06-17 4:28 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Originally posted by lisac957

I think it's interesting to note that the first person who mentioned that in this thread is/was a lifeguard.

FWIW, just because one person had guarding duties that were few and limited, doesn't mean that is the uniform way it is across the board. That'd be like Michael Bolton, Peter and Samir assuming that it sucks working for every company, only because it sucks working for IniTech.
2013-06-17 4:28 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Originally posted by Left Brain

I'll take the Boston girl and give two rounds in the cat fight.

Is there supposed to be a cat fight? I'm involved? Dammit, I'm always pulled into these things.
2013-06-17 4:29 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by BostonSwim41 I'm here for the snarky comment party.

Oh, YOU'RE gonna do well here on BT.   Welcome to the 'party'.  Cool

Now......hows 'bout that CAT FIGHT!

2013-06-17 4:41 PM

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.
Originally posted by BostonSwim41

Originally posted by lisac957

I think it's interesting to note that the first person who mentioned that in this thread is/was a lifeguard.

FWIW, just because one person had guarding duties that were few and limited, doesn't mean that is the uniform way it is across the board. That'd be like Michael Bolton, Peter and Samir assuming that it sucks working for every company, only because it sucks working for IniTech.

Solid analogy and movie reference at the same time. VERY NICE WORK!
2013-06-17 4:52 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by lisac957 I think it's interesting to note that the first person who mentioned that in this thread is/was a lifeguard.

OH I agree. I just thought it was interesting.

Meow Laughing

2013-06-17 5:38 PM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

User image

Veteran
asheville, nc
Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

I am in the category of "people who will understand".

This would most likely set the tone for my entire morning and possibly the day if I couldn't get the workout it. Being the father of three small children and the husband to a mostly supportive wife, if I left the house that early for a swim and didn't get in the pool, I would have a hard time justifying trying to do the same thing tomorrow.

I know there will be people on BT that say things like:
"that's not a real problem"
"There are worse things in the world going on than you missing your swim workout"
"maybe the lifegaurd had a car accident, family emergency, house fire, etc"

Regardless of the reasons behind the "no show", I woudl still be very irritated too.

Chances are the BT community will chastise you for venting, but for goodness sakes, if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?

Well said, this is why I rarely post anymore. There need to be guidelines as to what people are willing to read without snarky responses.
2013-06-17 5:52 PM
in reply to: RookieIM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by RookieIM
Originally posted by siouxcityhawk I am in the category of "people who will understand". This would most likely set the tone for my entire morning and possibly the day if I couldn't get the workout it. Being the father of three small children and the husband to a mostly supportive wife, if I left the house that early for a swim and didn't get in the pool, I would have a hard time justifying trying to do the same thing tomorrow. I know there will be people on BT that say things like: "that's not a real problem" "There are worse things in the world going on than you missing your swim workout" "maybe the lifegaurd had a car accident, family emergency, house fire, etc" Regardless of the reasons behind the "no show", I woudl still be very irritated too. Chances are the BT community will chastise you for venting, but for goodness sakes, if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?
Well said, this is why I rarely post anymore. There need to be guidelines as to what people are willing to read without snarky responses.

You do realize that you're on the Internet, right?

if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?

You CAN complain about those things, and a whole lot more... but you CANNOT expect every last person on here to be sympathetic/empathetic and not try to inject humor and levity into it.

2013-06-17 6:04 PM
in reply to: RookieIM

User image

NC

There need to be guidelines as to what people are willing to read without snarky responses.

In Communist Russia, guidelines snark you.

2013-06-17 6:15 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by Left Brain I'll take the Boston girl and give two rounds in the cat fight.
Is there supposed to be a cat fight? I'm involved? Dammit, I'm always pulled into these things.

What I want to know is.. why is it if two women disagree on a thread it's degraded to a cat fight?

I think they both made far more intelligent comments than most of the doggie dudes did. 

2013-06-17 6:22 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by cgregg

Originally posted by siouxcityhawk I am in the category of "people who will understand". This would most likely set the tone for my entire morning and possibly the day if I couldn't get the workout it. Being the father of three small children and the husband to a mostly supportive wife, if I left the house that early for a swim and didn't get in the pool, I would have a hard time justifying trying to do the same thing tomorrow. I know there will be people on BT that say things like: "that's not a real problem" "There are worse things in the world going on than you missing your swim workout" "maybe the lifegaurd had a car accident, family emergency, house fire, etc" Regardless of the reasons behind the "no show", I woudl still be very irritated too. Chances are the BT community will chastise you for venting, but for goodness sakes, if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?

if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?

You CAN complain about those things, and a whole lot more... but you CANNOT expect every last person on here to be sympathetic/empathetic and not try to inject humor and levity into it.

Exactly. BT is one of the best-behaved and best moderated message boards on the interwebs. The snarky humor and sarcasm is fun for most of us, I believe--because it's done in the spirit of fun in almost all cases and doesn't degrade into nastiness. If BT is too hardcore for some people, there must be some puppy or unicorn boards out there for them

2013-06-17 7:33 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally posted by zed707

Originally posted by cgregg

Exactly. BT is one of the best-behaved and best moderated message boards on the interwebs. The snarky humor and sarcasm is fun for most of us, I believe--because it's done in the spirit of fun in almost all cases and doesn't degrade into nastiness. If BT is too hardcore for some people, there must be some puppy or unicorn boards out there for them

Your seats too high!
2013-06-17 8:00 PM
in reply to: KateTri1

User image

NC
Originally posted by KateTri1

What I want to know is.. why is it if two women disagree on a thread it's degraded to a cat fight?

Then you would really be surprised about what I think (hope?!) goes on when my wife and her friends go away for a girls' weekend.

2013-06-17 10:22 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by Goosedog
Originally posted by KateTri1 What I want to know is.. why is it if two women disagree on a thread it's degraded to a cat fight?
Then you would really be surprised about what I think (hope?!) goes on when my wife and her friends go away for a girls' weekend.

This is going completely off topic but your comment made me think of the airplane scene from Bridesmaids.

2013-06-17 10:34 PM

User image

NC

This is going completely off topic but your comment made me think of the airplane scene from Bridesmaids.

Wait, girls get freaky in college?

2013-06-18 7:17 AM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by KateTri1 This is going completely off topic but your comment made me think of the airplane scene from Bridesmaids.

Well, generally not in the computer lab. At least during certain hours. 

2013-06-18 7:23 AM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by KateTri1 This is going completely off topic but your comment made me think of the airplane scene from Bridesmaids.

Well, generally not in the computer lab. At least during certain hours. 

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Rule 34 of the internet. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rule%2034

2013-06-18 8:28 AM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Originally posted by jeffnboise

I don't think Ms. Lisa and I are in a cat fight. Hahaha two gals can have a discussion without either one getting angry or annoyed. She doesn't seem like the type that would really care if someone has a different opinion.

And it's not like we were disagreeing, just making comments regarding our own points of view.

MEN!
2013-06-18 9:18 AM
in reply to: jeffnboise

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Originally posted by kalindsey
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by siouxcityhawk ... Chances are the BT community will chastise you for venting, but for goodness sakes, if we can't complain about these kind of problems on BT then why are we even on this site?
Uh, why would you globally include "BT community" instead of "a few BT members of the community"?

This is good advice that you just didn't take.  Innocent

Please 'splain your comment since I'm not sure how to take that comment. I'm thinking that you are insinuating that I shouldn't chastise the O.P. on their thread, OR that you think I should take the advice and complain about these kinds of problems, ORRRRRRRR ????
You oughta know...
Genius!
I asked a question, and I get those answers. If I would've chastized, it would've been on the original posting comment, but I didn't. I was asking a question about WHY the O.P. assumed the "BT Community", not chastising. Perhaps if I left the "Uh" out in my question. Anyways, continue to chastise. It's interesting to know who to avoid or blast in the future.

Please take a breath and come in off the ledge...if you look back at MY comments (including "Good advice that you just didn't take") and some of the quoted replies...they are lyrics to a SONG "Isn't it Ironic" by Alanis Morisette.  Some people 'got it', you obviously didn't.  I'm sorry if you feel offended. My intention was NOT to offend/insinuate/chastise/avoid or 'blast'. 

Geezz Laweez, I'm going to COJ.

Not commenting. Not worth my time.

NO!...not hitting the "Reply" button is "not commenting".   Simply saying "Not Commenting" is also acceptable

"..not worth my time" is making a comment; a snarky comment. 

It wasn't used in a BT sarc font, nor was it in italics with sarc red, so, no, it wasn't a snarky comment. It was a factual comment on my part. Have a good day. <-- note, this is meant as an actual good samaritan statement, nothing else.

2013-06-18 10:11 AM

User image

Expert

I don't think Ms. Lisa and I are in a cat fight. Hahaha two gals can have a discussion without either one getting angry or annoyed. She doesn't seem like the type that would really care if someone has a different opinion. And it's not like we were disagreeing, just making comments regarding our own points of view. MEN!

Exactly!!! Those friggn MEN!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gripe: Lifeguard never showed up this morning Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Lifeguard Hijinx (friday humor inside)

Started by FELTGood
Views: 1762 Posts: 6

2012-12-01 7:01 PM Coach Gil

Do we really need lifeguards at the pool? Pages: 1 2

Started by cstoulil
Views: 7371 Posts: 29

2011-12-18 10:42 PM reecealan

Lifeguard requirement

Started by flip18436572
Views: 1863 Posts: 8

2011-02-15 6:38 AM flip18436572

Clydesdale Gripe... Pages: 1 2

Started by waskelton
Views: 2788 Posts: 31

2006-07-02 6:52 PM RGRBILL

Water walker gripe..

Started by Baseball1
Views: 853 Posts: 5

2005-05-27 1:24 PM m80
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 1, 2011
author : Competitor.com
comments : 0
Interviews from the January 22, 2011 EnduranceLive Consumer Show and Gala by Competitor.com

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.

date : September 3, 2008
author : mrakes1
Discussions on training for a hot IM, hydration, workout recovery nutrition, maltodextrin, no energy on a 45' bike ride and morning workout nutrition strategies.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : December 17, 2007
author : 2x4nomore
My first Sprint triathlon, after a very nervous pre-race morning.
date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."