General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks Triathlon - Blalock Lakes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri the Parks Triathlon - Blalock Lakes - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Newnan, Georgia
United States
Blue Sky Sports
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 00m
  • 600 meters
  • / 100 meters
Comments:

Water temp was perfect. Sun position did create some interesting visual challenges in that the glare made it difficult to see the bouyes until I was actually in the water moving.
What would you do differently?:

Less sighting as my swim was going pretty straight. For me, a newbie, I was happy with my swim as I was second fastest in my group.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

As a newbie I was content with my transition though I'm sure with time it will get faster. Had a great bike position racked right at the bike exit but took it easy and put on socks/shoes and quick walked the short distance to the mount line. First time using a gel which was all I could possibly handle so highly recommend them but yuck on the taste.

Get RX lenses so I don't have to switch to regular glasses for the run.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 14.7 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Was a little concerned about 'drafting' as most of my training was individually so had no real experience with this rule. Wasn't a problem as folks spread out on the course and passing was not that big of a deal. Enjoyed "chicking" some guys on bigger hills....of course they passed me again on the down hills but still, made me feel pretty good for my first time out. Really pretty course and managed to enjoy the scenery when I wasn't snarling "push push push" to myself on all those uphills.

Nothing. Was pleased with my first attempt and did OK.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

No spectacular moves on T2. All I wanted to do was get the bike racked and try to keep my legs moving.

Again, get RX lenses so no changing of glasses.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Not my strongest discipline so I was very pleased with my results. While my legs felt pretty much like lead, I just kept them moving and managed to keep a pace that for me is good. I trained on much more extreme hills which I think helped. I also did a quick run off of almost all my bike sessions for the last 2 weeks so I was more or less prepared for the feeling.

Run faster...assuming I can.
Post race
Warm down:

None other than eating several oranges and simply walking around.

Event comments:

I enjoyed the race and felt it was very well managed. Everyone was helpful and encouraging and I never felt confused about directions, etc. I would recommend it. I'm glad to see that others felt the hills as well. They were never ending but all things considered, I think I was as prepared as I could be for my very first tri!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2013-06-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 600 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: no wet suit
Course: Rectangular
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 14.7 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Rolling hills the entire course. No flats. There were some stretches where road as a bit rough but nothing too bad.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering:
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 03.1 miles |  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: Hill, followed by hill, followed by hill. Nothing extreme but never a real flat for long. Out and back so got to see those hills from both sides.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-06-19 10:03 AM

New user
Subject: Tri the Parks Triathlon - Blalock Lakes
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks Triathlon - Blalock Lakes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri the Parks Triathlon - Blalock Lakes

Started by Coldfire
Views: 1149 Posts: 1

2012-06-20 7:10 AM Coldfire

Started by AtlantaBill
Views: 1133 Posts: 2

2012-06-12 9:14 PM d00d

Started by jjackson4
Views: 1031 Posts: 1

2012-06-04 2:52 PM jjackson4

Started by Sarah73
Views: 1401 Posts: 3

2012-06-02 10:17 PM fitmomma2010

Tri the Parks - Blalock Lakes

Started by ybedell
Views: 1559 Posts: 2

2010-06-06 8:06 PM rhambrick
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : February 22, 2011
author : shaunjamison
Ups and downs race report from the Lakes to Pines Sprint Triathlon by a master's aged newbie.
date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?

date : March 17, 2008
author : Yosel20
At first I thought, "Oh boy, what a mistake!" Let’s face it, I could barely run half a mile, I had not swum in forever, and my biking skills were not great, to say the least.
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.
date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!