General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help--Left Hip Pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-21 7:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Guam
Subject: Help--Left Hip Pain
My left hip pain has almost stopped my running and I'm starting to get depressed. I'm hoping that others here can help me diagnose, treat, recover and prevent my left hip pain.
The pain is at the top of my left hip. At first I thought it was caused by my run belt rubbing the top of my hip bone, but then I could barely lift my left leg to get into the car. After researching my pain it seems that I MAY have pulled / torn my TENSOR FASCIAE LATAE at the top attachment point. If I don't run for 2-3 days the pain and swelling goes away, but every time I try to gradually increase my run speed or distance the same injury returns and knocks me back down to slow and short recovery type runs.
I'm hoping that someone can help me with any information or guidance. Thanks

2013-06-21 10:11 AM
in reply to: spearit

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Help--Left Hip Pain
You need to go see a Dr. to determine if you have torn something. I'm thinking you probably haven't based on the fact that it feels better, then returns. When I tore my calf muscle, it got better day by day (slowly), but when it did feel better, it didn't start hurting again when I worked out.

As the least you should go see a chiro who does ART. Maybe you have a tight area that just needs to be worked on. Have you tried foam rolling or putting ice on the area?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help--Left Hip Pain Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Nagging pain around left hip

Started by gti123
Views: 3557 Posts: 8

2011-07-24 2:35 AM daisymouse

Hip/leg pain 1 week from marathon help!

Started by ballyard7
Views: 5063 Posts: 16

2008-11-11 1:24 PM JohnnyKay

Help diagnose my hip pain please?

Started by tractoral
Views: 1496 Posts: 14

2007-12-20 7:47 AM Scout7

Hip Pain--Replace run with bike tomorrow?

Started by jtat17
Views: 942 Posts: 5

2005-03-23 11:26 AM jtat17

hip pain

Started by liz1822
Views: 937 Posts: 5

2004-06-21 12:17 PM liz1822
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 21, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I am experiencing hip flexor pain. I hurt it two weeks ago during a race and it's bothered me ever since. Do you have suggestions on how to prevent problems or how to cure it?

date : August 24, 2009
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.
date : May 25, 2009
I strained my left hamstring over two years ago and thought I had gotten past it. Yesterday, it hampered me quite a bit and it felt like it was on the edge of giving out again.

date : October 15, 2008
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.
date : May 12, 2008
During a "power yoga" session I noticed pain with hip adduction/internal rotation. Running and biking don't seem to bother it, as long as I don't push it. I still have achy pain with walking.

date : January 14, 2008
At the age of 44, I am experiencing extreme pain in my hip. I have been trying simple stretching and have found no relief.
date : January 14, 2008
I have noticed an occasional pain in my left hip flexor. The pain is most noticeable when running uphill. Is there a way to fix the problem without taking time off from training?

date : January 3, 2008
Hip or pelvic pain is a common complaint for runners and can range from severe problems, such as stress fractures or arthritis, to mild problems, such as muscle strains or bursitis.