User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by jmhpsu93
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by MSU_Brad
Originally posted by noelle1230

Switch, you're the challenge master.  You command the attention of BT'ers better than I so I will leave starting this new lower body challenge to you.  Maybe we start Monday to give ourselves a few days to round up the crew?  I am more than happy to "co-host" the thread with you if that helps!

I hope you all join us.....Brad?  Caffer, now that you're healing up--plus it is a lower body challenge so it should involve much less shoulder stuff.  Cban, if it's lower body and not just butts would join?  Adrienne, haven't already been discussing the growing of body parts this week?

I'm not sure about a lower body challenge. I guess I'll have to see how you're going to define it before I commit. I plan on doing a lot of running over the winter, as that is my big triathlon weakness...some lower body work would fit in, but I don't want to totally drain my legs either.

Look guys, I can define it however we all decide it should be defined.  I was thinking about something that focused more on flexibility, mobility and imbalances anyway.  And "technically" I think core could still be lower body.  Maybe. Sort of.

Give me some input here...

I wonder about just doing a challenge where we are working to address things we define as "weaknesses" within our SBR. Then we can get feedback about whether our methods are the proper way of going about it?

Example: I will be doing specific strength exercise to address hip flexor and ITB "weakness/injury prevention" 

This may be too broad, though.

That's just way too long a thread title.

How about a thread title called, "Hey Mike, STFU" Wink

*OK, I have too much internet guilt. I hope you get that I am joking.

Edited by Asalzwed 2013-10-04 1:16 PM

2013-10-04 1:24 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
I'm up for whatever.  I just like chillaxin' over non-s/b/r specific fitness with you cool people!
2013-10-04 1:45 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
I could (and should) be in for a challenge to improve lower body flexibility.
2013-10-04 2:08 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Switch, you're the challenge master.  You command the attention of BT'ers better than I so I will leave starting this new lower body challenge to you.  Maybe we start Monday to give ourselves a few days to round up the crew?  I am more than happy to "co-host" the thread with you if that helps!

I hope you all join us.....Brad?  Caffer, now that you're healing up--plus it is a lower body challenge so it should involve much less shoulder stuff.  Cban, if it's lower body and not just butts would join?  Adrienne, haven't already been discussing the growing of body parts this week?

I'm not sure about a lower body challenge. I guess I'll have to see how you're going to define it before I commit. I plan on doing a lot of running over the winter, as that is my big triathlon weakness...some lower body work would fit in, but I don't want to totally drain my legs either.

Look guys, I can define it however we all decide it should be defined.  I was thinking about something that focused more on flexibility, mobility and imbalances anyway.  And "technically" I think core could still be lower body.  Maybe. Sort of.

I wonder about just doing a challenge where we are working to address things we define as "weaknesses" within our SBR. Then we can get feedback about whether our methods are the proper way of going about it?

Example: I will be doing specific strength exercise to address hip flexor and ITB "weakness/injury prevention" 

fach me! Crying laughing!
2013-10-04 2:09 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Btw, that is going to be the name of the challenge. For realz.
2013-10-04 3:37 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
I'm in for something that targets specific body areas.  Was out looking for inspiration but think this may be going too far.

(wtf.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
wtf.jpg (182KB - 27 downloads)

2013-10-04 3:46 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer I'm in for something that targets specific body areas.  Was out looking for inspiration but think this may be going too far.

That's sooooo hawt. Please focus on all of these areas and then post pics in your compression shorts again. Thank you very much.

2013-10-04 4:04 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Steve, that pic is completely WRONG. 

What in the world???

You still owe the BT community the one of you puking on some guy at that race finish.  I can't believe you're holding out on us.

2013-10-04 4:19 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Steve, that pic is completely WRONG. 

What in the world???

You still owe the BT community the one of you puking on some guy at that race finish.  I can't believe you're holding out on us.

It was four years ago.  I've been looking back through the archives but haven't found it yet.  Will keep trying as it is pretty funny.

2013-10-04 8:39 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

Originally posted by noelle1230 I'm up for whatever.  I just like chillaxin' over non-s/b/r specific fitness with you cool people!

I agree, but having a cool name does help!!!

2013-10-05 8:13 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

I'm not talking to you anymore.  Hmmmphf!  <stomps away>

Girl, you gotta do way worse than that to get me riled up. Cool

2013-10-05 8:20 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

OK...so the core challenge is done.  Eating this didn't help my cause:

2013-10-05 8:24 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

How about the "Doowutchyalike" Challenge? This guy can head it up:

2013-10-06 5:05 PM

User image

I'm in for something lower body, but I think y'all are WAY more advanced than I am. I was also thinking of doing a "bring Sally up" challenge. Play the song and do push ups. Start up and move with the song. When they say bring sally up, push up. When they say bring sally down move to the down position. There are several videos of it on you tube.
2013-10-09 1:02 AM
in reply to: b2b14

User image

Master

Originally posted by b2b14 I'm in for something lower body, but I think y'all are WAY more advanced than I am. I was also thinking of doing a "bring Sally up" challenge. Play the song and do push ups. Start up and move with the song. When they say bring sally up, push up. When they say bring sally down move to the down position. There are several videos of it on you tube.

Ok, so I kinda fell off this challenge in the end.  I have been trying to get in just a little core every day or every other day.  But I think all the work paid off.  I haven't been in the water for months due to a shoulder injury.  End July to be exact.  Got in tonight for the first time and did more shoulder strengthening than swimming.  However, I did do some single arm drill lengths with my uninjured arm, which is my weaker arm.  Now usually SAD on my left looks like a cat drowning.  There is lots of flailing and poor body position and gasping.  Tonight, easy rotation, no flailing, easy breathing.  Can't wait to see what I can do when I can use both arms!!

2013-10-09 3:33 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by bcraht

Originally posted by b2b14 I'm in for something lower body, but I think y'all are WAY more advanced than I am. I was also thinking of doing a "bring Sally up" challenge. Play the song and do push ups. Start up and move with the song. When they say bring sally up, push up. When they say bring sally down move to the down position. There are several videos of it on you tube.

Ok, so I kinda fell off this challenge in the end.  I have been trying to get in just a little core every day or every other day.  But I think all the work paid off.  I haven't been in the water for months due to a shoulder injury.  End July to be exact.  Got in tonight for the first time and did more shoulder strengthening than swimming.  However, I did do some single arm drill lengths with my uninjured arm, which is my weaker arm.  Now usually SAD on my left looks like a cat drowning.  There is lots of flailing and poor body position and gasping.  Tonight, easy rotation, no flailing, easy breathing.  Can't wait to see what I can do when I can use both arms!!

This is AWESOME!  YAY! This is the exact kinda thing I was hoping for all of us.  Nice :)

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1378 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2028 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1694 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10347 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5415 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.