General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gastrocnemius Recession for Plantar Fasciitis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 7:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: Gastrocnemius Recession for Plantar Fasciitis
Wondering if anyone here has had this surgery for Plantar F. All the data I read seems like it makes good sense. My pf is doing very well right now, but I do still get those warning shots every now and then, or when Im standing around or pushing pulling something heavy so Im just getting a idea of options should they be needed later down the road.

2013-06-27 12:43 PM
in reply to: mxr746

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: RE: Gastrocnemius Recession for Plantar Fasciitis
oops somehow posted in wrong forum, sorry.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gastrocnemius Recession for Plantar Fasciitis Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 15, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 6
Over the past couple of months I've been waking up with a sore heel. Right in the center, it feels like I stepped on a pebble and bruised it. The pain, fairly minor, goes away as the day progresses.

date : December 28, 2009
comments : 3
I have had Plantar Fasciitis in both feet for 5 years, orthotics have finally helped where I can run again. Are there recommendations beyond ice and stretching?
date : October 28, 2009
comments : 1
I think I have Plantar Faciitis? The bottom of my foot is sore in front of the heel in the mornings. It sort of gets better during the day, I can run without increasing in pain.

date : June 23, 2009
comments : 0
The whole bottoms of my feet hurt these days. Been running for a number of years now and this is a first. Do you have any tips?
date : June 4, 2008
The bottom of my feet, more specifically the arches, have been sore off an on for a couple of weeks. Should I be worried? Anything I should do to prevent this?

date : March 6, 2008
Often pain occurs with the first steps of the day or at the beginning of a run when that tight fascia gets stretched and microtears occur. But pain can also develop with prolonged standing and worsen.
date : September 3, 2006
Heel pain, especially in runners, is usually due to plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a band of connective tissue on the bottom of your foot that stretches from the heel to the ball of the foot

date : May 16, 2005
comments : 1
I have bone spurs in my left heel. It's painful first thing in the morning. Sometimes my heel will bother me running, or on the bike. I feel as if the heel is holding me back.