General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion)
OptionResults
Yes, I do it faithfully every day2 Votes - [5.88%]
No, I Don't have time for that nonsense. I S/B/R woman!7 Votes - [20.59%]
Yes, but not every day.25 Votes - [73.53%]
Would like to, but I have an injury that prevents me :/0 Votes - [0%]

2013-06-24 10:36 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion)

If you answered "Yes, faithfully," you'll have no trouble.  Come join our challenge  

If you answered "No, I don't have time for that," it's only 10 minutes a day. Come join our challenge

If you answered "Yes, but not every day,"  sahweet--work in those off days, and you'll be rockin.  Come join our challenge

If you're injured   I'm sorry.  Please come join the challenge when you've got the go ahead

It's super simple--100 days, 10 minutes a day of anything that strengthens your core.

Today is day 1!

2013-06-24 11:13 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion)
Originally posted by switch

It's super simple--100 days, 10 minutes a day of anything that strengthens your core.

Using that criteria, then just about everyone here can say they already do this, because swimming, biking, and running all require a solid core.  Innocent

2013-06-24 11:22 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Using that criteria, then just about everyone here can say they already do this, because swimming, biking, and running all require a solid core.  Innocent

Haha--stinker!  True.  OK, anything other than S/B/R :)

I don't see your name on the challenge, Don.  Are you in or what?

2013-06-24 11:25 AM

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
I do a core workout tues / thurs right now.

What I do is a circuit -
run to core station #1...do core routine...run to core station #2...do core routine...then run to beach, swim 1/2 mile, and Repeat.

I also do it with my hill repeats, turn that into a core - bike circuit.

It seems to have really helped over all, and now is an essential component to my training.

I didn't take core seriously a few years ago, but now I do.
2013-06-24 11:29 AM
in reply to: metafizx

User image

Regular
LHOTP

That sounds AWESOME! 

Want to add just ten measely minutes the other five days and join the challenge?

Nudge Nudge :)

2013-06-24 11:34 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Haha--stinker!  True.  OK, anything other than S/B/R

I have a confession.  I don't do separate specific strength training this time of year when I'm in large race-specific build periods.  It's all my body can handle to do the s/b/r training combined with demonstrating exercises to multiple clients every day, so I'm going to pass.  Embarassed

2013-06-24 11:38 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Haha--stinker!  True.  OK, anything other than S/B/R :)

I have a confession.  I don't do separate specific strength training this time of year when I'm in large race-specific build periods.  It's all my body can handle to do the s/b/r training combined with demonstrating exercises to multiple clients every day, so I'm going to pass.  Embarassed

Oh, I see, you're too cool for the challenge ;)

2013-06-24 11:49 AM

User image

Looking for the

Nope

with no explanation option

2013-06-24 12:24 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

I have been doing at least 5-10 minutes of specified core work every single day for years.  No matter what my scheduled work out is for the day or if it's a day off, I take that little bit of time and just do it.  It's like an obsession.

Keeping a ripped six pack is no easy task but once you have one you kinda never want to let it go Laughing  (course, I haven't tried the pregnancy thing yet.......)

I'm in!!!

2013-06-24 12:46 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Haha--stinker!  True.  OK, anything other than S/B/R

Oh, I see, you're too cool for the challenge

Yes. That's exactly what I meant to say.
2013-06-24 12:49 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Expert
Ontario Canada
I used to get in 30 minutes every week of just Core, but now that I have been Kiboshed from running for awhile I subbed 2 of my 3 running days for 2hrs of strength and core training at the gym, its only been a few weeks but I can already start to feel the difference especially as I have been concentrating on swim muscles .

2013-06-24 12:56 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Need more pictures of girls with ripped 6 packs.

What's core work?
2013-06-24 1:17 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by thebigb Need more pictures of girls with ripped 6 packs. What's core work?

You for sure need to join.  Not only will your question be answered but there is already IS at least one pick of a hot chick with a ripped 6'er.

2013-06-24 1:24 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Originally posted by noelle1230

Originally posted by thebigb Need more pictures of girls with ripped 6 packs. What's core work?

You for sure need to join.  Not only will your question be answered but there is already IS at least one pick of a hot chick with a ripped 6'er.

Where does one join? is this a COJ thing?
2013-06-24 2:04 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Originally posted by thebigb

"Challenge Me!" is under Other Resources and is its own forum.

2013-06-24 2:22 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

In

2013-06-24 2:22 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Bob, get your butt over there and challenge-up.  This will be a good group for smack-talk and whatnot.  It's totally your speed.

Noelle, you're being too kind.  If the boys want a six-pack, you best be posten some ab pics. Prekids I had a rockin six pack, and I'm hopeful this might bring it back, but no, sadly, no, tis not there now. 

2013-06-24 2:30 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Who's Bob? What about Bob?

I posted up over there. I can tack it on to the end of my runs at lunch.
2013-06-24 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Bob, get your butt over there and challenge-up.  This will be a good group for smack-talk and whatnot.  It's totally your speed.

Noelle, you're being too kind.  If the boys want a six-pack, you best be posten some ab pics. Prekids I had a rockin six pack, and I'm hopeful this might bring it back, but no, sadly, no, tis not there now. 

Wait a minute...if I saw your post correctly, the bottom pic was right before you had the baby but your top pick that says day 0 is now, right?  Because those are some sick abs sister.  Go people, check it for yourselves.

2013-06-24 2:35 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Wait a minute...if I saw your post correctly, the bottom pic was right before you had the baby but your top pick that says day 0 is now, right?  Because those are some sick abs sister.  Go people, check it for yourselves.

Yeah, you read the post right.  "Day 0" I took yesterday.  They used to be (prekids) better, but, as you can see, they also used to be a lot, lot worse/bigger/pregnant/very overweight.

Whateves.  After 100 days of committed core work, they will be better than "day 0"--I'm sure of that :)

Hopefully, my S/B/R will be better because of it too!

2013-06-24 2:40 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Yeah, you read the post right.  "Day 0" I took yesterday.  They used to be (prekids) better, but, as you can see, they also used to be a lot, lot worse/bigger/pregnant/very overweight.

Whateves.  After 100 days of committed core work, they will be better than "day 0"--I'm sure of that

If that's your day zero, keep posting pics and your challenge will be the most read in BT history!

2013-06-24 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Whateves.  After 100 days of committed core work, they will be better than "day 0"--I'm sure of that

If that's your day zero, keep posting pics and your challenge will be the most read in BT history!

Day 0, bounce a quarter off your abs! Was that part of the challenge? That pic assured me that I wouldn't be posting a before picture. No one wants to see that.

2013-06-24 3:37 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP

"That pic assured me that I wouldn't be posting a before picture. No one wants to see that."

I have really enjoyed the comradarie and getting to know the people I have done challenges with.  It is a fun way to get/stay motivated and I enjoy learning people's story.  If you want to read an incredible one, go check out navbrcrt's in the 30 runs 30 days--his story is AWESOME!

Triathlon draws lots of cool people--people with varied athletic backgrounds and fitness history, but most of the time these are people who enjoy a challenge, have often dealt with some demons, and are incredibly goal oriented.  I like how BT includes and welcomes athletes of all types.  Some of the people I am most inspried by on this site are not the world class athletes, but are the ones who have faced big-time challenges and their journey with triathlon and those challenges.

I posted the preggers pic specifically because I wanted people to see that it has been a journey for me too.  If I just posted day 0, I could see how that could make someone feel like they couldn't post their pic.  But does it really make them feel that way when they see me when I was 65 lbs heavier and with abs probably 5 times the girth they are now?  

I hope not.  That would make me pretty sad, as I really hoped what it would do instead is emphasize the journey :)

I know lots of people don't want to post pics, but I still encourage everyone to take them for themselves.  As a few have now said, maybe after 100 days, you'll want to post them as a "big reveal"--a journey. 

2013-06-24 3:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Tucson
I may have to get in on this with injury prone azz! I have finally discovered slow and frequent running which seems to be helping. I do strength training which helps also but I imagine daily core would be awsome. Can I just throw in some planks on my days when I don't have strength training scheduled?
2013-06-24 4:11 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by thebigb Who's Bob? What about Bob? ;) I posted up over there. I can tack it on to the end of my runs at lunch.

Forking autocorrect.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion) Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Shameless self promotion

Started by plumberchris
Views: 792 Posts: 5

2012-06-03 12:07 AM EV3110

Done and done

Started by skinnyterror
Views: 2098 Posts: 13

2013-07-11 4:55 PM TTom

Anyone doing/done the Santa Rosa Island Tri or Destin Crab Trap Tri

Started by pilotzs
Views: 1652 Posts: 5

2013-05-28 5:00 PM tacetman

Shameless Promotion of a Good Cause

Started by the bear
Views: 1795 Posts: 18

2005-01-14 11:29 PM NYtrigal

The work will be done soon.

Started by royj
Views: 524 Posts: 3

2004-09-21 11:31 PM glf33
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : January 20, 2009
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
One of the things that set ProMotion above some of the other suits is there ability to modify a suit when necessary. ProMotion wants a suit to fit right off the rack. This is a solid suit.
date : December 24, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on indoor cycling drills such as one legged drills and power intervals. Also we discuss how many half Ironman races should be done before your first full Ironman.

date : October 7, 2008
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.
date : January 2, 2008
Discussions on sprint swim overdistance training, strength training, recovery after a marathon, core work importance, tight calves with new running gait and importance of a tri bike for an Ironman.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"

date : September 8, 2004
author : promotion
comments : 4
ProMotion continues to excel in the Triathlon wetsuit market with evolved designs widely regarded as the finest available and loyal support from athletes worldwide.