General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Denver sports massage recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 1:26 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Denver sports massage recommendations

Hi Denver BTers!

I have been sidelined for almost 6 months now with an assortment of injuries- mostly hip bursitis and shoulder tendonitis.  I'm pretty sure I have some mechanical imbalances that are behind this.  I've had myofascial release in the past for injuries that has been very helpful (if painful!).  I've tried a few options here so far- an ART therapist that was too quick and distracted (a chiropractor), and a myofascial release therapist that used almost no pressure (at least for me, it's the painful deep manipulation that seems to help!).  I'm looking for someone who works with or without a chiropractor, and who can do focused deep tissue massage to get the kinks out.  I'm in southeast Denver so something slightly near there would be helpful.

Thanks!

2013-06-28 1:44 PM
in reply to: momandmd

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Subject: RE: Denver sports massage recommendations

Susan Fouts, CMT. Core Balance Massage.  720-560-8404.  Her office is at Dry Creek/Holly area.  National champion open water swimmer.  I see her for shoulder work as she's really knowledgeable.  

Natalie, CMT.  Kesner Chiropractic.  303-683-3377.  Broadway/Highlands Ranch Parkway.  I've recently seen her a lot on recommendation from other triathletes.  She's helped a ton with knee pain I've been having.  She works with a lot of triathletes and is very intense.  You'll see bruises but she is very good and knowledgeable as well.

Tyler Fowler, Physical Dimensions Chiropractic and Sports Medicine.  303-925-1050.  Yosemite, south of C470 area.  He is a chiro with a ton of sports med background.  They also have a PT in the office as well.  He's great at figuring out the root problem, rather than just treating the symptoms.  He also does Graston technique, which can help a lot of muscle related ailments. 

2013-06-29 9:24 AM
in reply to: FF Stock

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Denver sports massage recommendations
Thank you! I just made an appointment with the chiropractor at. The Steadman clinic on Belleview- I will keep these names handy in case...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Denver sports massage recommendations Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Recommendation for a massage therapist?

Started by mcgilmartin
Views: 1672 Posts: 8

2011-07-18 10:03 AM FF Stock

Denver Chiro/PT recommendation

Started by wavedog
Views: 1530 Posts: 7

2010-08-17 4:01 PM wavedog

Recommend good PTs/massage therapists in the area

Started by line
Views: 2157 Posts: 7

2009-11-29 11:19 PM cobble

Stretching with Massage

Started by Drewulu
Views: 952 Posts: 1

2009-03-02 9:27 PM Drewulu

reccomend massage place?

Started by freckle face
Views: 1288 Posts: 8

2008-04-05 10:28 PM bertvl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 20, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Recurrent injuries to the groin are slow to heal, easily re-injured, and will frustrate your training and competition plans. Learn about the diagnosis, anatomy and treatment of sports hernias.

date : August 24, 2009
I've rested them for 6 weeks, twice. I've had Active Release Therapy, massages, I'm doing Trigger Point, and stretching. Yet, I'm still having issues and can't get above 3 miles.
date : April 22, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.

date : December 11, 2007
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?
date : December 11, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
If you have ever felt confused by the plethora of commercial sports fuels, you are not alone. Runners, cyclists, and other athletes inevitably ask me, "What’s the best energy bar? gel? sports drink?"

date : July 3, 2006
They are comfortable, but on longer runs the ball of my foot starts to heat up. I actually had to STOP, take off the shoe, massage my foot. This would help for a while, but the pain usually returned.
date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.

date : April 10, 2005
comments : 1
When you're in the middle of your training plan for a major event (Ironman Lake Placid), how do you handle injuries when they come up?