Other Resources My Cup of Joe » So who watched "Extreme weight loss" last night? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-07-26 8:43 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: So who watched "Extreme weight loss" last night?
Originally posted by powerman

Murbod (SP?) was cool. He was a real yo-yo. Up and down in big chunks. Last night, shoot, I already forgot her name... that was more of what I do not like.

She was always complaining about stress. She put that HUGE amount of weight back on... 32 pounds on 30 days... and then they had to do their big "break through" moment with her talking about stress eating and Chris "getting it out" of her.... but that was at month 11. I'm sorry, month 11 should not be about the same lame excuses you were using when you started.

At least from watching the season, I am getting the big picture that over time... over a year.. you are going to have some set backs. And all these "excuses" are real world problems that these people have, and have to overcome. Hopefully someone can get some inspiration from that and think if those people can do it maybe they can.

I liked Chris's line... I forget exactly... "you can fail without being a failure". I took that to mean just because you have a setback, don't throw in the towel.

And ya... I felt really bad for the 400 lb. lady. you could tell she had some serious issues, and it was like "what the heck?"... she should be on the show, they should be helping her. IDK.

And one last thing... I do not know anything about Chris Powell, and I know it's a TV show... but I really get the sense Chris is genuine. He seems like a nice guy that really wants to help. He's a good host.

Chris Powell seems like such a nice guy and he seems to really want to help, but I hope that these people are getting real therapy.  The woman who gained so much back when she went home needed therapy to help deal with her horrible mother.  She's going to end up gaining it all back.  I think she has a pretty underlying issues.

2013-07-27 1:46 AM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Man, I have to get my VPN working.  I want to see these!

As a stress eater who can pack on literally a pound a day...I feel for those folks...sometimes you feel like you are in so deep you cannot get out.  And "just don't eat it" doesn't work.

I'd love to have Chris Powell live with me for 3 months to help me change my habits! :D

2013-07-30 8:09 PM
in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

SPOILERS for Tonights episode!! (typing as I watch the second half)

I love that Chris tasked her with a Marathon for her mid-point challenge...but I REALLY wish that he had found an actual race for her to do, rather than making her do it by herself...even though it was all metaphors for her journey
2013-07-30 8:17 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Queen BTich
Originally posted by austhokie SPOILERS for Tonights episode!! (typing as I watch the second half) I love that Chris tasked her with a Marathon for her mid-point challenge...but I REALLY wish that he had found an actual race for her to do, rather than making her do it by herself...even though it was all metaphors for her journey

I completely agree. At least she did it, but I think she would have had different emotions about it at the finish if it had been a real race. I think she still would have had her "journey" thoughts along the way though, everyone hits the wall!
2013-07-30 8:26 PM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Originally posted by Comet

Originally posted by austhokie SPOILERS for Tonights episode!! (typing as I watch the second half) I love that Chris tasked her with a Marathon for her mid-point challenge...but I REALLY wish that he had found an actual race for her to do, rather than making her do it by herself...even though it was all metaphors for her journey

I completely agree. At least she did it, but I think she would have had different emotions about it at the finish if it had been a real race. I think she still would have had her "journey" thoughts along the way though, everyone hits the wall!

holy whoa...at the 9 month weigh-in...fingers crossed...but damn!
2013-08-06 7:18 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

tonight's starting weight was 414lbs...on a 22 year old girl...

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » So who watched "Extreme weight loss" last night? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss

Started by asianflava
Views: 825 Posts: 4

2012-07-09 11:14 AM dmbfan4life20

Anyone watch "Conan" last night?

Started by wstchstrTriathlete
Views: 967 Posts: 10

2010-11-12 9:35 AM condorman

Terrible shows you watched because your SO watched shows you watched because your SO watched

Started by graceful_dave
Views: 1580 Posts: 25

2008-12-19 9:01 AM hamiltks10

Movies: Night Watch, Day Watch

Started by briderdt
Views: 1070 Posts: 6

2008-02-12 9:38 AM briderdt

Anyone watch "Big Bang Theory" last night?

Started by run4yrlif
Views: 549 Posts: 8

2007-09-25 4:06 PM LusciousLIz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : May 22, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 0
Are you getting adequate rest after your workouts? Rest and over-training effects on weight loss, weight gain.
date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?
date : November 28, 2004
author : sekhmet
comments : 1
I challenge all BT readers who want to shed the pounds to stay committed to their training during the colder months. Share this commitment with others.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : September 4, 2004
Thoughts on low carbohydrate diets in conjuntion with triathlon training.

date : September 3, 2004
author : Ron
What happens in your body when you eat, fast or workout?