Other Resources The Political Joe » A change of pace from SSM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-02 1:52 PM

User image

Elite
Boise
Subject: A change of pace from SSM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-30/guest-post-america-governm...

I've been saying for awhile I think our country has pretty well run over the cliff already, but I feel like this just sums up all of the wonderful things our government does for us.

2013-07-02 2:17 PM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: A change of pace from SSM

Eh....it's a good life.  You can get wrapped up in a bunch of borderline paranoid rheteric or you can enjoy the hell out of the time you get. 

I spend alot of time with young people and I see a bright future....I certainly don't see a "lost generation". 

I guess it depends where you want to get your information from. 

My Grandparents thought we were all going to hell in a handbasket.  I look around and I see alot of goodness. I hear my peers saying the next generation is ensuring we're all going to hell in a handbasket.  I suspect my kids will wear down their own grandchildren with the same crap.

Now get off my lawn.

2013-07-02 2:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Woe is me...

glass half empty?

People have thought the country has been going down the toilet since it first was started and it's still here.  I think it will be around a bit longer.

We made it through world wars, cold war, civil war, slavery, segregation, assignations, 9/11, prohibition and gangsters, Columbia drug cartels, and the 1980's for god's sake (glam rock and those hair styles should have been an end to the free world).  And NOW we are going to fall apart?

2013-07-02 3:19 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Left Brain

Eh....it's a good life.  You can get wrapped up in a bunch of borderline paranoid rheteric or you can enjoy the hell out of the time you get. 

I spend alot of time with young people and I see a bright future....I certainly don't see a "lost generation". 

I guess it depends where you want to get your information from. 

My Grandparents thought we were all going to hell in a handbasket.  I look around and I see alot of goodness. I hear my peers saying the next generation is ensuring we're all going to hell in a handbasket.  I suspect my kids will wear down their own grandchildren with the same crap.

Now get off my lawn.

That article sounded like it was written by Eeyore. So much easier to tear down than build something.

I look at my kids and their friends and I see a pretty bright future.There will be major social/societal/economic/military issues to face and I'm sure they will be fine. Every generation had challenges.

Since I have no idea what a handbasket it, I'm safe. Thanks LB! Speaking of good life, just got hold of a boat to take my boys and dad fishing over the 4th. That will be 3 generation of liars on board

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-07-02 3:23 PM
2013-07-02 3:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Kido

Woe is me...

glass half empty?

People have thought the country has been going down the toilet since it first was started and it's still here.  I think it will be around a bit longer.

We made it through world wars, cold war, civil war, slavery, segregation, assignations, 9/11, prohibition and gangsters, Columbia drug cartels, and the 1980's for god's sake (glam rock and those hair styles should have been an end to the free world).  And NOW we are going to fall apart?

It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-07-02 3:24 PM
2013-07-02 3:25 PM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by JoshR http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-30/guest-post-america-governm... I've been saying for awhile I think our country has pretty well run over the cliff already, but I feel like this just sums up all of the wonderful things our government does for us.

what country would you prefer?

i like my right to vote and to walk in the street with my ankles showing and without a man preceding me. 

i like an affordable 35%ish tax rate. 

i like my clean water and reliable power, maintained interstates, access to education.

i like that i don't live in constant crossfire of radical fundamentalist groups.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » A change of pace from SSM Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Justices rule on SSM Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by switch
Views: 8071 Posts: 158

2013-07-05 12:19 AM bootygirl

Medical Groups Oppose Gun-Law Change To Share Mental Health Records

Started by DanielG
Views: 1899 Posts: 11

2013-06-19 2:04 PM powerman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Video of the six kick change swim drill.

date : January 20, 2009
author : AMSSM
Information for training as a pregnant triathlete including physiological changes, nutritional and environmental concerns plus certain risks to avoid.
date : November 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
What are the essential mechanical/maintenance skills that I as someone who rides a bike should learn how to do myself?

date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : April 17, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 5
I was humbled last year. My body shut down on me just before two World Championship events. I was originally in top form to medal in both, but my strength was sapped from me.
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
The journey begins in the brain. The brain, which energizes your attitude, is the most powerful factor in a lifestyle overhaul.