of 2

2013-07-05 7:54 PM
in reply to: erik.norgaard

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: 910XT - Stroke recognition

Originally posted by erik.norgaard
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5 I just wished that it would recognize different SPORTS when in multisport.
What? You want the watch to confirm your vague suspicion that you might be riding a bike?

Noooooo....  I'm pretty sure I'm riding the bike (though by the end, I'm a bit unsure of anything!).

This issue isn't it recognizing which sport when I press the lap button (which is easy - I have no problem having to push a button four times during a race and once at the start and end).

The problem is that, even with doing that, the watch doesn't record the data right.  Never mind inaccuracy during the swim and if my time is off by a bajillionth of a second cuz I waited until after my flying crash... err... mount - the real issue is that it doesn't subsequently show ANY of it right.

At least in 2 of my last 3 races.  Any operator error wasn't an issue, nor was signal acquisition.  I got paces and distance just right while racing, but it didn't DL the info later.  All messed up.

Not asking for it to know when I'm doing what, or to be perfectly accurate - I just would like it to be as good in multisport as it is when in single sport mode.  No better, just as good.

I think that's almost reasonable, no?  Or perhaps I should just by a different device for each leg and carry them all around.  Is THAT reasonable?

I say again, ugh.  Wink

Matt

2013-07-06 4:34 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Kobenhavns Kommune
Subject: RE: 910XT - Stroke recognition
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

The problem is that, even with doing that, the watch doesn't record the data right.  Never mind inaccuracy during the swim and if my time is off by a bajillionth of a second cuz I waited until after my flying crash... err... mount - the real issue is that it doesn't subsequently show ANY of it right.

At least in 2 of my last 3 races.  Any operator error wasn't an issue, nor was signal acquisition.  I got paces and distance just right while racing, but it didn't DL the info later.  All messed up.

Not asking for it to know when I'm doing what, or to be perfectly accurate - I just would like it to be as good in multisport as it is when in single sport mode.  No better, just as good.

Interesting, I have no problem at all with multisport. All have been recorded correctly and transfered correctly to Garmin Connect, and each leg recognised correctly. The only problem I have is that on the watch in history, a multisport will show as one activity and you can then see the details for each leg, but on Garmin Connect I get 5 activities so I can't see my total time, and there is no way to mark the activities and collapse them into a multisport.

BR
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 910XT - Stroke recognition Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

910XT Stroke recognition

Started by prieto539
Views: 1329 Posts: 9

2013-05-27 6:23 AM TriMyBest

2 stroke vs. 3 stroke breathing Pages: 1 2

Started by popsracer
Views: 7824 Posts: 32

2014-02-28 12:11 PM erik.norgaard

Training stroke rate and stroke length at the same time

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 1150 Posts: 4

2010-09-02 8:57 AM AdventureBear

Combat swim stroke/side stroke

Started by angrypuppy
Views: 11671 Posts: 9

2009-07-08 1:37 PM angrypuppy

Minimum stroke vs. "working" stroke count

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1557 Posts: 12

2005-02-17 3:48 PM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 0
How important is it to decrease your stroke count?

date : June 17, 2009
With stroke improvements I find that when I try and swim long I have lost any speed gains that I had because my stroke count just creeps up and up. I also feel like I'm running out of air.
date : November 17, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
This month, drills make up about 15% of each workout, and we’re continuing intervals. The focus will be on speeding up while maintaining good stroke technique, lots of stroke counting this time.

date : November 19, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm wondering if anyone else has had luck with moving to a five-stroke breathing pattern. Is this okay for endurance swimming? What are its benefits and drawbacks?
date : September 12, 2007
Discussions on open water swimming with waves, optimal breathing, practicing sighting, when to get up and run, using the back and breast stroke, dropping your stroke count and swim aids.

date : July 3, 2006
author : AMSSM
As we enter the summer months of training and racing it seems reasonable to discuss issues around heat illness: what is it, how do we recognize it, what can we do about it, and how do we prevent it.
date : March 5, 2006
author : ChiRunning
The three disciplines of triathlon are steeped in rhythm. Think of watching a well-trained swimmer, gliding smoothly down the lane, arms moving like clockwork, breathing every third stoke.

date : August 31, 2004
Most of us in the triathlon world are concerned with more than just fat burning. There are certain situations when it’s appropriate to use fins during a workout.