General Discussion Triathlon Talk » salt caps vs. endurolytes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-10 10:17 AM

User image

New user

Franklin, Wisconsin
Subject: salt caps vs. endurolytes
To set the stage in warm weather which I love to work out in I am a heavy sweater - but try to drink regularly during the workout to offset that and have been using S!Caps (salt supplement) during my workouts - very hot weather I will try to remember to take at least one an hour and always with water not sports drink.

I am training for my second Ironman (IMWI) which is very hilly and the last time I experienced a lot of cramping in the last quarter of the bike along with the run. I know that I did undertrain my bike component that year so that is a contributor but felt depleted as well and have always wondered about whether endurolytes would have been better for me.

So the question I have is who uses salt caps/tabs and who uses endurolytes - which do you think is better? I have 2 months left before the IM and am trying to use during the race. As I said before I am familiar with the salt caps but really have no experience with the endurolytes - any advice or brands you've used will help me test this out for myself.

2013-07-10 10:28 AM
in reply to: jpstormoen

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: salt caps vs. endurolytes
Simply read the ingredients and you will know what you are taking (I believe SCaps have far higher doses of electrolytes than Enduralytes on a 'per cap' basis). But, more generally, it was far more likley to have been exceeding your fitness capacity which caused your cramping versus any other 'depletion'. Unless you have some strong aversion to it, I would think about trying to take sports drink instead of your SCaps/water combo when you train, too. Then you also get some carbs.
2013-07-11 3:35 PM
in reply to: jpstormoen

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
Subject: RE: salt caps vs. endurolytes
I've used them both, they're virtually the same IMHO. I had a good training year last year using Salt Stick Caps, so I bought some more this year. Hammer makes excellent products, though.
2013-08-05 3:03 PM
in reply to: mcgilmartin

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » salt caps vs. endurolytes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Endurox Excel vs. Optygen vs Optygen HP

Started by audiophilehi
Views: 5846 Posts: 5

2011-09-20 8:07 PM Cronus4

Endurox Excel vs. Optygen vs Optygen HP

Started by audiophilehi
Views: 510 Posts: 1

2011-08-05 11:27 AM audiophilehi

Electrolyte Stamina vs Endurolytes

Started by file014
Views: 1727 Posts: 2

2007-09-18 9:42 AM file014

Chocolate Milk vs Milk vs Soy Milk

Started by sbr7
Views: 1394 Posts: 8

2007-07-31 10:08 AM scfsara

Salt Tabs... Pages: 1 2

Started by Hudnick
Views: 2101 Posts: 27

2005-08-17 4:29 PM klointheridge
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : December 28, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have a very annoying pain under my knee cap. It does not hurt when I run or ride. It hurts a lot when I swim and when I walk up or down stairs. The pain is a searing pain. Help!
date : November 19, 2007
author : CyndiPPF
So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.

date : November 4, 2007
author : AMSSM
What are some tips to avoid the muscle cramps (which normally hit me in the run portion). How can I best prepare my body to perform without cramping?
date : July 3, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions regarding wetsuit for a Sprint, Master's swimming, TI, aqua jogging, HIM fueling and salt, power meters and Tri vs Road bike.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Team BT
The toll of fate strikes as those with orange swim caps are beckoned to begin the journey. Ahhh, nothing like the feel of ice cold water seeping in your wetsuit to wake you up. GO!

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!