Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Audi R8 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-07-17 9:58 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: Audi R8

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

OK, I am NOT in the income bracket for this car.  Not even close.  I did grow up around sports cars though, so I have an affinity for them that I can't support.

I pulled up next to one of these last night at a gas station and just gaped.  It is effing gorgeous.  The one I saw was black and white and it was tiiiiiiiiiiiight!

I also live in Iowa, so this car is probably old news to most of the rest of you, but if not, take a look at one.  Whew!

Anybody driven one?

2013-07-17 10:27 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Audi R8
No and I agree. When I was working in Berlin I used to go to the Audi showroom and see what toys they had that we can't even get here in the US. I had an A4 cab at the time and it was a fun car.

I saw the Tesla the other day, and was thinking what a beautiful car that was before I knew it what it was. It's pretty rare these days to see a car that makes you really notice how great it looks.

eta: Love the website. The Audi R8. Starting at $114,900. Sexy ain't cheap

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-07-17 10:28 AM
2013-07-17 10:34 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly No and I agree. When I was working in Berlin I used to go to the Audi showroom and see what toys they had that we can't even get here in the US. I had an A4 cab at the time and it was a fun car. I saw the Tesla the other day, and was thinking what a beautiful car that was before I knew it what it was. It's pretty rare these days to see a car that makes you really notice how great it looks. eta: Love the website. The Audi R8. Starting at $114,900. Sexy ain't cheap :)

Listen, sexy it is.  So sexy.  In the time it took me to pump gas, 10 people took phone shots of it.

When the guy came out, I said, "You're making a bit of a scene here."

And he said, "Yeah, I only wish I could make the scene and didn't have to have the car do it for me."

Pretty witty.

There was nothing scene worthy about the driver. 

I've had Audis in the past and have loved them.  Twice they have saved my life. 

2013-07-17 10:43 AM

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

No and I agree. When I was working in Berlin I used to go to the Audi showroom and see what toys they had that we can't even get here in the US. I had an A4 cab at the time and it was a fun car.

I saw the Tesla the other day, and was thinking what a beautiful car that was before I knew it what it was. It's pretty rare these days to see a car that makes you really notice how great it looks.

I was on a road trip a month ago driving through SLC and I saw a Tesla behind me in rearview mirror for awhile. When it finally passed me I realized it was a Tesla. They are very nice looking cars to say the least.

Also if I won the lotto, it'd be a toss up between an R8 and a Porsche Turbo. I love those cars.
2013-07-17 10:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

I am not a car person, but I drove a co-worker's Tesla when I was in CA a few weeks ago and am in love! I thought I would think this is nice for an electric car, but it was just awesome for any car! I was amazed.

I recently bought a VW sport wagen after falling in love with an Audi A3 - but they were all sold out. All of the hoses under the hood are Audi badged :-). It has a lot more get up and go than my old SUV.
2013-07-17 11:02 AM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Here's a shot of me with the A8's high brow cousin. The Bugatti Veyron. "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It is SO choice"

(Bugatti_sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Bugatti_sm.jpg (23KB - 8 downloads)

2013-07-17 11:36 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
I've only ever looked at an R8 on the 'net, but I'd love to see one up close. Freaking gorgeous cars. The profile reminds me of the profile of a woman lying on her side, with the silhouette line going down her waist, over her hips, and down her legs. Yah, the R8 is definitely sexeh!

So when I win Powerball with the next drawing, I'll post a picture of mine when it comes in.
2013-07-17 11:44 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Originally posted by pitt83

Here's a shot of me with the A8's high brow cousin. The Bugatti Veyron. "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It is SO choice"

But, you can buy 20 A8's for the price of the Veyron. But if you can afford a Veyron the price probably doesn't matter that much.
2013-07-17 11:47 AM
in reply to: RBesecke

User image

Expert
We had an '06 Audi S4 Avant. The 4.2L V8 in that small of a car was fun fun fun... bit of under steer from the heavy front end but when the front tires grabbed a hold and pulled back the under steer that was lots of fun. My if money was no object Audi would be either want a RS4 or RS6 Avant. Don't know why, the wagon body does it for me. One of my old managers had an R8, very nice car. I'd take a current gen TTS too. We are more a Q5 or Q7 family these days, but I'm saving my pennies up for rainy days and not Audi bling so a VW and Honda it is!
2013-07-17 12:11 PM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

Originally posted by pitt83 Here's a shot of me with the A8's high brow cousin. The Bugatti Veyron. "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It is SO choice"

I have to say, it looks like you're waiting for the starting gun to go off... I've got $20 on the Veyron! Laughing

2013-07-17 12:42 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Originally posted by pitt83 Here's a shot of me with the A8's high brow cousin. The Bugatti Veyron. "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It is SO choice"

My wife and I were discussing the other day what we would buy first if we won the lotto.

The Veyron is the first thing I would try to get my hands on. It is a truly amazing car!

2013-07-17 12:50 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Aarondb4

My wife and I were discussing the other day what we would buy first if we won the lotto.

The Veyron is the first thing I would try to get my hands on. It is a truly amazing car!

The R8 is sexier.  Just sayin. <takes long pull from PBR>

2013-07-17 1:38 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Aarondb4

The R8 is sexier.  Just sayin.

LOL

More good cars and beer for me!

2013-07-17 2:15 PM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA

R8...without a doubt a sexy car.

R8's were Christian Grey's and Anastasia car of choice in 50 Shades of Grey(s)...yes, I read them. Sadly, I usually skip the sexy scenes...

But veering from the OP...I am in love with the Tesla's. We first saw one plugged in at one of the hospitals here. I did a bit of research and they are quite impressive electric cars. Not only decent power, but also decent battery range -which is not the case for a lot of the electric cars. Plus they are nice looking cars!

2013-07-17 2:33 PM
in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by lkct01234

R8's were Christian Grey's and Anastasia car of choice in 50 Shades of Grey(s)...yes, I read them. Sadly, I usually skip the sexy scenes...

But veering from the OP...I am in love with the Tesla's. We first saw one plugged in at one of the hospitals here. I did a bit of research and they are quite impressive electric cars. Not only decent power, but also decent battery range -which is not the case for a lot of the electric cars. Plus they are nice looking cars!

Oh, jeez, I did not make that connection.  Haha, classic.

Did they actually have sex in an R8?  I can't imagine how that would be doable in the car I saw last night. 

The range on the Tesla's is completely awesome.  I've never seen one in person...Iowa, you know.

2013-07-17 3:58 PM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA

Did they actually have sex in an R8?  I can't imagine how that would be doable in the car I saw last night. 

The range on the Tesla's is completely awesome.  I've never seen one in person...Iowa, you know.

Yes I believe they did have sex in the R8. That's kind of why I "fast forward" through sexy scenes...sometimes I don't understand what's going on and sometimes I don't get how they are doing what they are doing.

I've seen quite a few Tesla's around here (nice part of living in a larger urban area). Usually it's up North though :-) Closer to Seattle and the granola-y population who may or may not work at Microsoft :-) (aka hippies who may have some money.) Although realistically the Tesla isn't terribly priced. $60ish to $90ish...but when you think about the fact that you're getting somewhat of a sports car and not having to buy fuel (unless you have to pay to charge)...?!?!

2013-07-17 4:04 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Yes I believe they did have sex in the R8. That's kind of why I "fast forward" through sexy scenes...sometimes I don't understand what's going on and sometimes I don't get how they are doing what they are doing.

I've seen quite a few Tesla's around here (nice part of living in a larger urban area). Usually it's up North though :-) Closer to Seattle and the granola-y population who may or may not work at Microsoft :-) (aka hippies who may have some money.) Although realistically the Tesla isn't terribly priced. $60ish to $90ish...but when you think about the fact that you're getting somewhat of a sports car and not having to buy fuel (unless you have to pay to charge)...?!?!

Easier to rationalize than the 114K+.  And think of the gas savings

Now I wanna track down the R8 sex scene*. Thanks for that.

I thought those books got slammed for everything but the sex scenes???

*ETA--She's on top.  That's how they did it.  I woulda skipped over that too

Edited by switch 2013-07-17 4:16 PM
2013-07-17 4:11 PM
in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Expert

I'm in the Seattle area and work at the mothership, aka MSFT. Around Redmond, Bellevue, and Kirkland there are a ton of Teslas. Can't comment on Seattle as I avoid it like the plague.
2013-07-17 5:10 PM
in reply to: magic

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

There are a few R8's around here that I see occasionally.  The convertible's are especially "sexy" looking.

I tangled with one on I-5 a couple of months ago.  I was getting on the freeway friskily and went by him.  He countered with a little surge then I left him in my rearview mirror.  I will say as we were side by side the sound of two engines turning 7,000 rpm was just plain awesome. 

2013-07-17 5:30 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by popsracer

There are a few R8's around here that I see occasionally.  The convertible's are especially "sexy" looking.

I tangled with one on I-5 a couple of months ago.  I was getting on the freeway friskily and went by him.  He countered with a little surge then I left him in my rearview mirror.  I will say as we were side by side the sound of two engines turning 7,000 rpm was just plain awesome. 

Very nice.
2013-07-17 8:23 PM

User image

Master
Beijing

OK, I am NOT in the income bracket for this car.  Not even close.  I did grow up around sports cars though, so I have an affinity for them that I can't support.

I pulled up next to one of these last night at a gas station and just gaped.  It is effing gorgeous.  The one I saw was black and white and it was tiiiiiiiiiiiight!

I also live in Iowa, so this car is probably old news to most of the rest of you, but if not, take a look at one.  Whew!

Anybody driven one?

I've seen at least one here in Beijing.   Beijing is actually quite a hotbed for supercars/luxury cars.   I don't go a day without seeing a Fa la li (Ferrari) Lan bo ji ni (Lamborghini) Bin Li (Bentley) Lao si Lai si (Rolls-Royce) and the like.   Bao Shi Jie (Porsche) Panamera is an extremely popular car here.  

A black Audi Sedan is the staple car for a CCP official.   The higher the number, the higher your status in the Party.   There are at least 3 Audi A8 W12's parked in front of my building as we speak.  

BMW China Headquarters is in my building, so I've seen EVERY BMW/MINI offered here.  From the locally-built 1,3,5 series to imported 7-Series ActiveHybrid.  BMW changes the advertizing in our building every 2 weeks. This week, their campaign is for the Z4.   "Ctrl-Z or Control Z4" is the slogan.

Yeah, I'm a car guy.   So?

Back to the topic at hand:  I would totally do it in an R8.

2013-07-17 8:31 PM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by moondawg14

Anybody driven one?

I've seen at least one here in Beijing.   Beijing is actually quite a hotbed for supercars/luxury cars.   I don't go a day without seeing a Fa la li (Ferrari) Lan bo ji ni (Lamborghini) Bin Li (Bentley) Lao si Lai si (Rolls-Royce) and the like.   Bao Shi Jie (Porsche) Panamera is an extremely popular car here.  

A black Audi Sedan is the staple car for a CCP official.   The higher the number, the higher your status in the Party.   There are at least 3 Audi A8 W12's parked in front of my building as we speak.  

BMW China Headquarters is in my building, so I've seen EVERY BMW/MINI offered here.  From the locally-built 1,3,5 series to imported 7-Series ActiveHybrid.  BMW changes the advertizing in our building every 2 weeks. This week, their campaign is for the Z4.   "Ctrl-Z or Control Z4" is the slogan.

Yeah, I'm a car guy.   So?

Back to the topic at hand:  I would totally do it in an R8.

Hahaha! Nice.
2013-07-18 4:26 AM
in reply to: magic

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Originally posted by magic

I'm in the Seattle area and work at the mothership, aka MSFT. Around Redmond, Bellevue, and Kirkland there are a ton of Teslas. Can't comment on Seattle as I avoid it like the plague.

And for the record...I am jealous of the "hippies" with money. :-)

2013-07-18 11:08 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
One of the perks of being a car salesman (and...knowing other car salesmen) is getting to drive stuff I can't afford.

The R8 is sweet. It's basically just a Lambo Gallardo in different clothing, which is to say it's awesome. It's on my top 5 list of "fun" cars that I got to drive that I'll never own.

1.) Godzilla (Seriously, the Nissan GTR is more awesome than anything...ever.)
2.) Porsche 911 Turbo (As sweet as a sports car can get)
3.) Chevy Z06 (LS7) (that thing is nutty from a stop.)
4.) The Audi (closest I'll ever come to driving a bull.)
5.) Lotus Esprit V8 (a twin turbo v8 go-kart)

The Audi is by far the best behaved if I had to drive one "daily" (although the Nissan is surprisingly close) but I'd take any of them if anyone is offering.
2013-07-18 12:10 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by popsracer

I gotta ask. What the heck were you driving?
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Audi R8 Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Audi - thoughts

Started by condorman
Views: 1161 Posts: 25

2008-07-25 11:24 AM condorman