General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Generation UCAN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-24 1:39 PM

User image

Regular
Texas
Subject: Generation UCAN
Anyone out there use UCAN? I just started using it a few weeks ago and have not gone over 40 miles on the bike as of yet. I have a 3+ hour brick on Friday (2.5 bike, 40 min run). Would you use 2 scoops of UCAN between the 2, or just 1? Just curious what others thought.

Thanks!

2013-07-24 2:02 PM
in reply to: baldridges

User image

Newmarket, NH
Subject: RE: Generation UCAN
I use the packets, and typically mix one packet of lemonade flavor (my fav) before a long workout (bike or run) and follow tough workouts with a chocolate UCan for recovery. I haven't tried using a second packet during a workout, though. I usually supplement my runs with gels every 45 mins or so, and I've been experimenting with Perpetuem on my longer rides. I also use UCan about an hour before a race. If I were doing your brick, I would probably just do the one packet prior to the ride, and then have a gel or two during the ride to fuel up for the run, but that's just what I'm used to.
2013-07-27 8:49 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by baldridges Anyone out there use UCAN? I just started using it a few weeks ago and have not gone over 40 miles on the bike as of yet. I have a 3+ hour brick on Friday (2.5 bike, 40 min run). Would you use 2 scoops of UCAN between the 2, or just 1? Just curious what others thought. Thanks!

I love UCAN.

I think one ought to be enough between them IMHO if you start the workout fueled.  I'd probably fuel up before the workout and use 2xUCAN spaced out during the ride with a heavy amount towards the end to fuel the run (so, don't start drinking the UCAN until an hour in or something).  2 UCAN should be plenty for a 3 hour workout if you start fueled up.

2013-07-28 9:08 AM
in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

Regular
Texas
Hey - a fellow Abilenian!

I ended up doing a "heaping" scoop in a bottle with a little oil and protein, started at an hour in and it worked great.
2014-05-02 9:37 AM

User image

Okay I'm reviving this old thread. I just got a few packets of ucan to try. First attempt this morning. I was totally thrown by the consistency of the drink. Actually it took me three tries and an internet search before I got out one of those blender bottles to get it to mix enough to really drink it.

Did anybody else have an "adjustment" to the texture of this product or is it just me?
2014-05-14 2:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Texas
Originally posted by miamiamy

Okay I'm reviving this old thread. I just got a few packets of ucan to try. First attempt this morning. I was totally thrown by the consistency of the drink. Actually it took me three tries and an internet search before I got out one of those blender bottles to get it to mix enough to really drink it.

Did anybody else have an "adjustment" to the texture of this product or is it just me?

I use the plain "unflavored," and yes, it's chalky. I mix it typically with 1 Nuun tab. I have found that if I mix it 12 hrs before I need it I lose the fizziness of it, which I don't like. Texture wise, I have no answers. I usually have a clump left over at the bottom of my bottle.

Saying that, it makes me burp a ton, which I don't like. Otherwise I love the product.

Edited by baldridges 2014-05-14 2:01 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Generation UCAN Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

UCAN Superstarch

Started by Ershk
Views: 3804 Posts: 13

2014-05-13 12:51 PM cxk9758