General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2014-06-08 11:11 PM
in reply to: ultramike

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
Subject: RE: Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread
Originally posted by ultramike

You can officially count me out for Coeur d'Alene. It has been 3 weeks since my injury (tibialis anterior tendonitis). It is getting better though. I ran for 15 minutes yesterday without any pain. And it doesn't hurt to walk anymore.

I'm turning my focus toward Ironman Canada in Whistler on July 27th. My bike and swim fitness is stronger than ever, and between short runs and water running I feel like I can do this.

Good luck to everyone. I'll be following you guys online on June 29th.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Good luck in Whistler!

2014-06-08 11:13 PM
in reply to: kmac1346

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
2129 for me, which is, oddly enough exactly the same number I had at CdA in 2011.
2014-06-08 11:19 PM
in reply to: tallytom

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
Any idea why they have out of order numbers scattered within age groups? Most of the M 45-49 age group are roughly the low-2000 to about 2300, but there are many numbers like yours that are below 1000. Not a burning question. I was just curious why that is.
2014-06-09 4:36 AM
in reply to: citaltfort

New user
Bonney Lake
I am1606, funny part is when I did CDA for the first time a few years ago I was 1609.

I saw the lower numbers in with the high numbers to. Not sure what that's about. I was thinking maybe they are the foundation spots or the corporate challenge spots or just got a low number.
2014-06-09 8:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California

You can officially count me out for Coeur d'Alene. It has been 3 weeks since my injury (tibialis anterior tendonitis). It is getting better though. I ran for 15 minutes yesterday without any pain. And it doesn't hurt to walk anymore.

I'm turning my focus toward Ironman Canada in Whistler on July 27th. My bike and swim fitness is stronger than ever, and between short runs and water running I feel like I can do this.

Good luck healing up.
2014-06-09 9:41 AM
in reply to: #5009178

User image

Master
Muskego, Wisconsin
Bib #428. Really low number, just age group, no foundations or anything. I registered early though.

Stay healthy my friends

2014-06-09 11:52 AM

User image

So sorry, man. Looks like you've still got a great full season ahead. Good luck to you.
2014-06-09 1:32 PM
in reply to: rbhancock1

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

#1206 for me. Much better than my first HIM number of 1313.

Numbers do seem to be odd. Most of my age group are 1200's then there are random 3 digit numbers in there. I registered back in September so I don't think that has much to do with it. 

2014-06-09 3:04 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

New user

Maple Valley, Washington
#2075 for me. Looking forward to the taper!
2014-06-09 7:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
I saw a post on the CdA Facebook site that explained the number thing. It has to do with categories of participants. Blocks of numbers are reserved for certain things, some of which cross over the age group boundaries.

"Pros are numbered 1-99. Then PCs, then numbering goes to
Ironman Foundation (YJYC, slot entries, Team In Training, etc)
Lastly (why age groupers are spread) we have gifted Kootenai County Residents with a group of numbers as a thank you for supporting Ironman"
2014-06-09 8:19 PM

User image

Rookie question: At the bike aid stations, are the bottles of Perform(TM) given out in cage-ready bottles? How many ounces do they hold. And, in your collective experience, is the solution properly mixed -- not too weak or strong?

Thanks in advance.

2014-06-10 12:50 PM

User image

Regular
Originally posted by rbhancock1

Rookie question: At the bike aid stations, are the bottles of Perform(TM) given out in cage-ready bottles? How many ounces do they hold. And, in your collective experience, is the solution properly mixed -- not too weak or strong?

Thanks in advance.

I believe they are 16oz bottles. The solution is not made from powder form that you would buy through a distributor. It might be a little sweet for some, but chase it w/ a little water and it'll be ok. They are not typical bike bottles, but more like a regular 16oz Gatorade/powerade bottle you buy at the gas station, but the lid is ready to drink from with a simple twist with the mouth. They fit snug in your cages. Water also fits in your cages, they're also 16oz I believe.
2014-06-10 3:46 PM

New user
Utah
Originally posted by citaltfort

I saw a post on the CdA Facebook site that explained the number thing. It has to do with categories of participants. Blocks of numbers are reserved for certain things, some of which cross over the age group boundaries.

"Pros are numbered 1-99. Then PCs, then numbering goes to
Ironman Foundation (YJYC, slot entries, Team In Training, etc)
Lastly (why age groupers are spread) we have gifted Kootenai County Residents with a group of numbers as a thank you for supporting Ironman"

I know for the St. George 70.3 if you registered as part of a tri club then the entire club was given numbers all together. In transition you would be right next to your entire tri club instead of all spread out over transition. I thought it was a cool idea. Maybe someone can corroborate this if they are in a tri club that is one of the official clubs participating.
2014-06-10 11:03 PM
in reply to: jpay

User image

I think the bottles are more like 24 ounces.
2014-06-11 3:51 PM
in reply to: johnson

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Forecast for Sunday the 29th says it will be . . . kidding. I haven't really started checking the weather forecasts yet. No, really, I haven't. or studied the historical weather patterns either.
2014-06-11 6:39 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
I hear taper in your post... is it time to start worrying about the water temp, wind, rain, hailstones yet or are we still just trying to get back a little energy as we enter taper week?

2014-06-11 9:42 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Hi, all. Hope everyone's finishing up their major training, and transitioning to peak/taper.

Last long ride today. It was going great until the last mile, when a young man turned left in my path while I was moving about 20mph. I hit the brakes hard and did a beautiful full somersault endo. Right elbow and hip are pretty banged up. Nothing broken, though. And Sasha (my P3) appears to be okay.

Feeling lucky. That could have been much worse.
2014-06-12 8:31 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA

Hi, all. Hope everyone's finishing up their major training, and transitioning to peak/taper.

Last long ride today. It was going great until the last mile, when a young man turned left in my path while I was moving about 20mph. I hit the brakes hard and did a beautiful full somersault endo. Right elbow and hip are pretty banged up. Nothing broken, though. And Sasha (my P3) appears to be okay.

Oh crap dude! I'm glad you are relatively ok, impending race or not.
2014-06-12 11:30 AM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California

Hope you are still feeling ok this morning.
2014-06-12 6:34 PM

User image

Regular
Glad you're okay and the bike.
2014-06-15 2:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Last long riding weekend done. Two four hour rides this weekend, felt really good. Now it just cruise it on in and get ready for the big day! Got my tri bike fixed, and have decided that I'm going to ride that. Felt really good on it today.

2014-06-16 4:51 PM

User image

58.7 degrees was the lake temp this morn! Cool weather over the weekend did not help our cause. Supposed to be hot there this week. My fingers are crossed for some 90 degree days for the next 10 days.

You all stoked or what??

2014-06-16 6:03 PM
in reply to: johnson

User image

Regular
Originally posted by johnson

58.7 degrees was the lake temp this morn! Cool weather over the weekend did not help our cause. Supposed to be hot there this week. My fingers are crossed for some 90 degree days for the next 10 days.

You all stoked or what??

Yeah, I'm excited. One more ride w the race rig tomorrow as it gets to take a ride with TriBikeTransport on Wed. On the weather front, let the hot weather come and get the heck out by race weekend/day. I'm training in the heat and humidity (90's-100's) and would love a break from it, esp on race day.

Tom
2014-06-17 11:27 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Grats on all the hard work and racing going on, good stuffs.

Just checking in here, This is our 25th wedding anniversary and may go for a run with my wife in a bit. There are a bunch of things I "should" be doing, like changing the cleats out on my bike, putting on race tires, etc.... but I really don't feel like doing it. I'm at that point in taper where I don't really have any energy back and the workouts are getting shorter, but I really don't have any motivation to do them. It is a normal part of the taper process and you just do them, but it is the kind of limbo part of the training. The lake is up to 58F in CDA, so.... not sure how much warmer it is going to get in 12 days. I will be meeting up with Samantha there and hopefully Mitch can meet us at her house for a meal or just to hang out for a while.

Yesterday I went for a short ride, but it was odd because there were several trucks just parked in the middle of the lane. Ya we don't have shoulders so much around here, but a hay truck and a horse trailer take up a lot of realestate on the road when they are just parked there. There was also a cow that "ran with me for a while" on the bike before he tried to jump the fence to get back to the less greener grass. Poor little guy took a spill, must have been watching how the deer do it and he couldn't quite clear the fence with no moon present. The big cows duck through the strands, so he needs some lessons. I fear I have lost faction with the cows today. There was a snake on the road a couple days ago, but he wasn't coiled. Keep your head up as much as you can on the bike.
2014-06-17 11:50 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Master
Muskego, Wisconsin
Originally posted by Baowolf

Grats on all the hard work and racing going on, good stuffs.

Just checking in here, This is our 25th wedding anniversary and may go for a run with my wife in a bit. There are a bunch of things I "should" be doing, like changing the cleats out on my bike, putting on race tires, etc.... but I really don't feel like doing it. I'm at that point in taper where I don't really have any energy back and the workouts are getting shorter, but I really don't have any motivation to do them. It is a normal part of the taper process and you just do them, but it is the kind of limbo part of the training. The lake is up to 58F in CDA, so.... not sure how much warmer it is going to get in 12 days. I will be meeting up with Samantha there and hopefully Mitch can meet us at her house for a meal or just to hang out for a while.

Yesterday I went for a short ride, but it was odd because there were several trucks just parked in the middle of the lane. Ya we don't have shoulders so much around here, but a hay truck and a horse trailer take up a lot of realestate on the road when they are just parked there. There was also a cow that "ran with me for a while" on the bike before he tried to jump the fence to get back to the less greener grass. Poor little guy took a spill, must have been watching how the deer do it and he couldn't quite clear the fence with no moon present. The big cows duck through the strands, so he needs some lessons. I fear I have lost faction with the cows today. There was a snake on the road a couple days ago, but he wasn't coiled. Keep your head up as much as you can on the bike.

You sound like I feel. The two IMs close together would have been better if they were a week or two closer. I lost motivation and have just been grabbing workouts as I feel. Buying a house in between and getting a new job have thrown a few wrenches into the mix too.

Today is my last "big" day, it's not really big it's just a little thing I like to do to make myself feel ready. 1hr swim, 2hr bike, 1hr run.

On Thursday we begin our "Trek" we drive from Memphis to Quakerstown PA for a family reunion, then we leave Monday to CdA. It's a crap ton of driving but it's also a great chance for the family to check out some cool stuff.

Train safe, I'm off to the pool for the first time since June 2nd......
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 27

RELATED POSTS

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56

Started by mallen4574
Views: 138471 Posts: 1392

2012-07-13 1:04 PM thedallasceliac

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171

Started by TexasMPGal
Views: 382582 Posts: 4272

2011-12-05 11:46 AM RunRene

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53

Started by T in Liberty Lake
Views: 134390 Posts: 1313

2012-07-26 8:19 PM smithe68

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread

Started by Lance 140.6
Views: 3638 Posts: 10

2010-04-08 10:16 PM hoopmaj

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 61177 Posts: 579

2009-06-24 2:09 PM ironlib
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
date : July 10, 2007
Eating To Win, Eating To Live. A collection of heart-healthy recipes that fuels Ironman training. Also some pre-race thoughts before Ironman Coeur d’Alene.

date : May 11, 2007
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.
date : April 12, 2007
The first month of training is in the books. I am learning several tips that could help you along the way on your Ironman quest.

date : April 12, 2007
How BT is preparing me for the Coeur d'Alene IronMan.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Ironman Couer d'Alene 2003 - Inspirational first ironman triathlon devoted to his wife battling cancer.