Other Resources My Cup of Joe » One part of your personality you wish you could change. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-07-25 12:16 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: One part of your personality you wish you could change.
The one part of my personality I wish I could could change is my inability to forgive. Mind you, it takes a lot to get me upset about something. And for me to get to the point where I won't forgive someone. I'll forgive small stuff, absolutely.

Not really a trait I'm proud of. I've read the books and I understand that to not forgive only hurts me, but gosh I can't seem to forgive some people! There are a few people on my "never talk to again" list, because of what horrible human beings they are, so it isn't a long list. Probably not good there is a list at all though.

What do you wish you could change, that you work on and can't seem to change?

2013-07-25 12:17 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Subject: RE: One part of your personality you wish you could change.
I wish I weren't so damned personable.

2013-07-25 12:22 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by DanielG

How is this a problem?

2013-07-25 12:24 PM

User image

Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by DanielG

How is this a problem?

It's a bit of a joke. Statler and Waldorf are my role models.

2013-07-25 12:38 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
One? Hmmm. My temper. It doesn't show itself that often these days, but it's ugly.
2013-07-25 12:41 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by switch

One? Hmmm. My temper. It doesn't show itself that often these days, but it's ugly.

Well if it doesn't happen often, maybe it is used appropriately?

It takes a lot to get me mad, but when I do... watch out. I don't resort to name calling, etc. but I'm pretty scary when I get mad. Although, I believe it is used appropriately in the scenarios it should be used in.

2013-07-25 12:51 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

I can be way too overly focused and task oriented which makes me inflexible.  At work once I have my day planned, it's very difficult for me to leave a project for something else that comes up last minute.  I HATE the feeling of not finishing something I started.  I HATE being interrupted when I'm in the middle of something in depth.

Thank goodness I'm married to a guy who is Mr. Flexible.  He is so open to changing things up last minute.  Not me....if I make plans, the plans are MADE.  Change them?  What?  Why?  Do I have to??

2013-07-25 1:05 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by KSH
Originally posted by switch One? Hmmm. My temper. It doesn't show itself that often these days, but it's ugly.
Well if it doesn't happen often, maybe it is used appropriately? It takes a lot to get me mad, but when I do... watch out. I don't resort to name calling, etc. but I'm pretty scary when I get mad. Although, I believe it is used appropriately in the scenarios it should be used in.

Haha, yeah if it was "appropriate" that might be OK:)

Sadly, nothing appropriate about it. Ugly.

2013-07-25 1:56 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Bronze member

Oh gosh I could go on and on with this one.

I have people who I harbor bad feelings about. Not that I wish bad things would happen to them but I avoid them at all costs. I guess that would qualify as not forgiving. One of them is my neighbor with her stupid dogs that caused us so much trouble and then when we expressed concern for our safety (since they had tried to bite all of us in our own yard) she wrote us a letter and blamed the dogs behavior on my kids who were only 2 & 4 at the time. Yeah, I don't have much need for her - forgiveness or not. Maybe I would be a better person if I could forgive and forget but, well, I'm not. That is not my biggest issue though.

I would change my short temper and lack of patience with others during my lady time. It is by far the biggest frustration to me. The rest of the month I am cool as a cucumber but when that time comes around things that never bother me just build and build until - look out, here it comes! And I am always disappointed in myself. Vicious cycle.

2013-07-25 1:59 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Elite
Originally posted by noelle1230

I can be way too overly focused and task oriented which makes me inflexible.  At work once I have my day planned, it's very difficult for me to leave a project for something else that comes up last minute.  I HATE the feeling of not finishing something I started.  I HATE being interrupted when I'm in the middle of something in depth.

Thank goodness I'm married to a guy who is Mr. Flexible.  He is so open to changing things up last minute.  Not me....if I make plans, the plans are MADE.  Change them?  What?  Why?  Do I have to??

It's called obsessesive/compulsive. Wink

Me? Where do I start....

2013-07-25 2:56 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Originally posted by powerman
Originally posted by noelle1230

It's called obsessesive/compulsive. Wink

Me? Where do I start....

Oh no, the OCD is not one of the traits I would change Laughing

BTW I'm apparently having issues receiving PM's in the event you PM'd me back last week.  Don't think I'm being a snob!

2013-07-25 3:05 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

There's more than one thing I would change - or maybe that I should start to work on?

The biggest, I think, is that I don't make or keep friends all that easily.  I don't put enough effort into making sure I'm in contact with people because I get wrapped up in my own life (i.e. training) and tend to forget that a friendship is a two-way thing.  I'm also really good at being alone, which makes it doubly difficult. 

I'm also REALLY gullible and naive - you could tell me that Matt Damon is secretly a government mole from Thailand who can't eat onions due to his religion and it's quite possible that I would believe you. 

2013-07-25 3:22 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl...you could tell me that Matt Damon is secretly a government mole from Thailand who can't eat onions due to his religion...

Hey, that's classified information!

2013-07-25 3:27 PM

User image

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

There's more than one thing I would change - or maybe that I should start to work on?

The biggest, I think, is that I don't make or keep friends all that easily.  I don't put enough effort into making sure I'm in contact with people because I get wrapped up in my own life (i.e. training) and tend to forget that a friendship is a two-way thing.  I'm also really good at being alone, which makes it doubly difficult. 

I'm also REALLY gullible and naive - you could tell me that Matt Damon is secretly a government mole from Thailand who can't eat onions due to his religion and it's quite possible that I would believe you. 

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? ;-)
2013-07-25 3:27 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by briderdt

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl...you could tell me that Matt Damon is secretly a government mole from Thailand who can't eat onions due to his religion...

Matt Damon told her that when he was out with her and Sarah Silverman.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
2013-07-25 3:37 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Yep. I hold looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong grudges myself.

2013-07-25 3:39 PM
in reply to: blbriley

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by blbriley

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? ;-)

Really?  Good to know, I don't need to try and look it up now! 

2013-07-25 3:40 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by briderdt

Matt Damon told her that when he was out with her and Sarah Silverman. HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Hahahahaha! 

On the couch, on the floor... 

2013-07-25 3:43 PM

User image

Elite

We have a lot in common. I would PM you.... but what's the point? Tongue out

2013-07-25 3:55 PM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member

Hey, I told you that onion thing, Monica! Hahahahaha.

I am wary of everyone all the time.

I am an extrovert once I get to know you. But it will take some work on your end to get to know me first. They call this a "non initiating extrovert". I generally stay away from new people... especially in a one on one setting. I will sit alone and be lonely before I approach someone new... one on one.

In a group, it's a bit different, especially if it's in a group where I know some of the people and others are new.

Several people have told me they thought I was a "B" when they first met me... but I'm not a "B" at all. Really.

So I guess I wish I could be better at initiating conversations with strangers or potential friends. Kiss

2013-07-25 3:56 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
I wish I wasn't so much of an introvert. It's not that I don't enjoy people, I just end-up emotionally exhausted and on-edge after a while. I'd love to be one of those people with constant energy for interpersonal interaction. I'd love to feel energized from socializing, not drained by it.

Originally posted by Whizzzzz

Several people have told me they thought I was a "B" when they first met me... but I'm not a "B" at all. Really.

So I guess I wish I could be better at initiating conversations with strangers or potential friends. Kiss

I'm somewhat similar, just without the "extrovert" part. I've been told that I'm often seen as overly formal. When people get to know me they see that I'm not, I'm just somewhat challenged in the "social interaction" area and fall-back on formality as a safety mechanism.

Edited by RBesecke 2013-07-25 4:04 PM

2013-07-25 4:11 PM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I am an extrovert once I get to know you. But it will take some work on your end to get to know me first. They call this a "non initiating extrovert". I generally stay away from new people... especially in a one on one setting. I will sit alone and be lonely before I approach someone new... one on one.

In a group, it's a bit different, especially if it's in a group where I know some of the people and others are new.

I know!!  I should have given you credit for that.  I'm also terribly UNcreative in every way.  I can't draw to save my life, other than stick figures, I got kicked out of band in grade 6 and I was told to hum in the choir.  Can I blame my parents for the lack of creative genes? 

We're very much the same... a non initiating extrovert - I like it!  And it fits me to a T.  I get all nervous and feel awkward with new people, especially in a one-on-one setting.  I guess in a group I feel like there are a lot more buffers or places to hide? 

2013-07-25 4:13 PM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Champion
Chicago

Yeah the first time I met you I was all `That Whizzz is a total B.' No, no I didn't. In fact I don't recall anybody ever thinking you were a B.
2013-07-25 4:17 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Originally posted by mr2tony

Yeah the first time I met you I was all `That Whizzz is a total B.' No, no I didn't. In fact I don't recall anybody ever thinking you were a B.

I have had several people tell me just that... "When I first met you I thought you were a ((and I quote one in particular)) A cold hearted btich!" A COLD HEARTED BTICH!!!!!

That just seems so... terrible!

I will admit that the people I am friends with now... through my old gym, used to scare the heck out of me so I avoided them at all costs... they had their own clique... they had their own jokes and nicknames and whatnot... and I was an outsider... all it took was one of them to draw me in... and I was in. But... I never ever made an effort to break in on my own. Or to reach out to any of those people... who are now my very close friends.

Edited by Whizzzzz 2013-07-25 4:19 PM
2013-07-25 4:17 PM
in reply to: RBesecke

User image

Expert
Sometimes I'm a bit bossy. I don't see it that way, but others do.. sooo.... yeah... 
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » One part of your personality you wish you could change. Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Career Change Part 2 -- Marketing Pages: 1 2

Started by meherczeg
Views: 1757 Posts: 35

2011-02-02 2:55 PM TriRSquared

Five Words - Part One Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by misscullen
Views: 2800 Posts: 177

2008-04-01 12:40 AM krludwig

Four letter words part one Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Sharkie
Views: 1806 Posts: 80

2008-02-23 9:45 AM BellinghamSpence

One Word - Part Deux Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94

Started by Aviator1596
Views: 18928 Posts: 2349

2008-02-26 11:33 PM Aviator1596

Patirots Fan Dilemma - wishing they'll lose one game?!

Started by MomX3
Views: 673 Posts: 14

2007-12-11 10:31 AM MomX3
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Video of the six kick change swim drill.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.

date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.
date : June 23, 2006
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : April 17, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 5
I was humbled last year. My body shut down on me just before two World Championship events. I was originally in top form to medal in both, but my strength was sapped from me.
date : April 3, 2005
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
The journey begins in the brain. The brain, which energizes your attitude, is the most powerful factor in a lifestyle overhaul.