General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike course video's Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-01 6:35 PM

Subject: bike course video's
Hello,
I'm considering making some video's of my upcoming Ironman (next 2 years) bike courses. I'd like to become visually familiar with the courses as well as to have them running on DVD while I'm hitting the trainer through the winter. Both locations are a days drive from where I live so I'm looking to get these done in the next few weeks. Both courses are 2 loop courses and I'm just planning on getting film of 1 loop. I realize a computrainer can accomplish the training more accurately through my bike but I just don't have the budget for it. So I obviously don't plan on training the entire race but would like to get some input from everyone here on what to include... my camera does have gps logging capability and I will be able to include some data on screen (pitch, direction, altitude and a small map). I guess my question is... if you were doing these for yourself what would you want to see? Has anyone done this before? How might you account for speed? (I'll be filming from my car). Thanks for help and input.

2013-08-02 3:36 PM
in reply to: #4819210

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Subject: RE: bike course video's
Which IM are you doing? Spinervals has a series of on-course DVDs. To be honest, I think they're kind of dull and won't ever take the place of actually riding the course. But, at least they'll give you a good sense of the terrain and possible landmarks.

http://www.spinervals.com/products/item286.cfm
2013-08-02 3:38 PM
in reply to: Scanner01

User image

Regular
Aalborg, Denmark
IRONMAN Copenhagen did exactly that for the entire course. 180km in 6 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHOt8Fqtrrw&feature=youtu.be
2013-08-03 9:13 AM
in reply to: Farlig

Thanks! I'm doing IM CdA. Yeah it doesn't look like they offer that course. Those would do the trick though I guess. I'd like to have 2 versions of the video, 1 showing the full course at bike speed to train and then 1 showing it sped up just to give the overview. Without a computrainer I suppose just showing the incline/decline would give you enough of an idea when to shift, etc.
2013-08-03 9:16 AM
in reply to: Dnn

Thanks Dnn, that's a perfect example of what I'd like to make... but then to slow it down to bike speed as well to train.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike course video's Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

RacerMate Real Course Videos?

Started by Cappy
Views: 881 Posts: 4

2008-04-05 6:59 AM Cappy

Real Course Video for Computrainer

Started by avjetdale
Views: 1483 Posts: 13

2008-03-03 4:05 PM Ronin

North East (Maryland) Course video

Started by lredrow
Views: 1182 Posts: 13

2008-01-31 11:58 AM lredrow

Black Bear Triathlon course video

Started by lredrow
Views: 1569 Posts: 11

2007-11-20 6:27 AM PennState

Interactive Course Videos for Computrainer

Started by Shermbelle
Views: 1247 Posts: 15

2007-11-15 9:07 PM Steve-
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : December 20, 2007
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?
date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.

date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Any good race director will go over the triathlon swim course directions many times.

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : July 5, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
After you have established the Ironman goal, the most important factor outside of the training is which race to choose? What is your best sort of course, hilly, rolling, flat?

date : September 1, 2004
author : infosteward
Experts agree, doing a “mock,” triathlon on the course you’re racing can aid you in your training; performance and most of all quell some nervous energy.